You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

2 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

I think the issue with Corbyn being in power is that he and the pandemic response would have been completely undermined by the media and Conservative party from day one, and because of that we may have ended up with even more deaths and political challenges to the leadership.

Even if the response to covid had been far better than the shambles that Johnson has served up, the narrative would have been that he had failed to keep the country safe etc and he would have been forced out of office by now. 

His crackpot brother would have been a massive problem too. As weird as it sounds I'm almost relieved for Jeremy Corbyn that he didn't end up winning in 2019 as he wouldn't have stood a chance with everything that has happened since then.

9 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Really? Johnson ordering the airlifting of animals over humans, including many allies of the British in Afghanistan, interpreters, aides etc, just left to their fate at the hands of the Taliban because he wanted a BJ from the missus, is a non fucking story? And that's before we even get to the fact that, yet again ,he lied when asked about it. Are you a misanthrope?

I guess we’ll learn more in the report from Sue Gray-hound.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Someone observed that Cummings has dropped the word "cocaine" into a few of his tweets these last few weeks.

I genuinely think we have reached the stage where nothing will bring him down.

I thought that when he stood up and denied in parliament any knowledge of any gatherings,then it emerged he was at one every fucking night,there any have been some actual consequences. 

Seems the big idea to win over tory mps is to further kick the poorest people in society right in the bollocks, so it's draconian benefit sanctions here we come. This will impact over 5 million people. The last major benefit sanction rollout was between the years 2010 -2016 and resulted in so much increased misery and poverty they had to be scrapped.. if you think our town centres look like a Mad Max outtake now, wait till over zealous  Dhss officials start stripping the poor of even more money, we'll be going down the route of America.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jan/27/universal-credit-claimants-face-tough-sanctions-in-uk-job-crackdown

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Seems the big idea to win over tory mps is to further kick the poorest people in society right in the bollocks, so it's draconian benefit sanctions here we come. This will impact over 5 million people. The last major benefit sanction rollout was between the years 2010 -2016 and resulted in so much increased misery and poverty they had to be scrapped.. if you think our town centres look like a Mad Max outtake now, wait till over zealous  Dhss officials start stripping the poor of even more money, we'll be going down the route of America.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jan/27/universal-credit-claimants-face-tough-sanctions-in-uk-job-crackdown

Levelling up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

It’s alright we pay for plastic bags at the supermarket now……

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I suppose the notion is to use increased homelessness as it is in part in the States as a discipling effect, look how you could end up, wouldn't be a good idea to step out of line would it?

Nice of the Daily Mail this week to tell the country this whole Johnson/party issue is silly and trivial and the country should concentrate on more serious issues, this is the paper that has put Megan Markle buying new earrings/shoes on its front page every other day for the past two years.

Imagine we lived in a world where the man primarily accountable and seemingly, at least partly, responsible for wrongdoing in No.10 and Whitehall listened to some of the stories of those deeply wounded by what’s gone on and did the decent thing by resigning. Whether a report has been published or not. 

“We’ve done wrong, the buck stops with me. I hope those who suffered while we frolicked can find it within themselves to forgive me. I will of course resign to ensure I don’t become a distraction at a time when our country is facing major challenges”.

We don’t live in that world. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Imagine we lived in a world where the man primarily accountable and seemingly, at least partly, responsible for wrongdoing in No.10 and Whitehall listened to some of the stories of those deeply wounded by what’s gone on and did the decent thing by resigning. Whether a report has been published or not.

Can see why Lennon ditched this verse. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Non story. Nobody will need benefits in your new utopia of zero unemployment and huge payrises.

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Hmmm. Do we think the Met has only launched an 'investigation' as a pretext to sanitise Gray's report, then the 'investigation' will be quietly dropped?

Not that I had much faith in the Gov and the Met, but if this plays out the way it looks like doing we're fucked, this is just outright corruption and sets a precedent for anyone after this to do what the fuck they want.

They've already tried to limit the powers judges have and want the ability to overrule them, this is beyond even that. Its tin pot shit and needs to be as transparent as possible or you are genuinely eroding the rule of law, democracy and decency and that's beyond anything I thought that these cunts even considered they could get away with.

You'll still have clowns cheering this shit on though.

28 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

We’re in banana republic territory here. 

Imagine being one of the Tories he is currently whoring himself out to, promising them the world and the moon on a stick just to save his skin until the next scandal arrives, probably a week or two from now.

What in the world makes them believe he will change his ways in any way and not just renege on the promise the moment he has to promise the world to the next chump willing to listen to his shit.

This man is the worst thing to happen to this country in a very long time as with every lie, mistruth or half truth he destroys legitimacy in government institutions and the unwritten contract we agree to allowing society to function effectively.

Truly a stain on our country and making us a laughing stock and not to be trusted internationally.