You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

I hear that the Wakeford defection is being used to undermine the other mainly red wall dissenters as naive opportunists and “not proper torys” who “panic at the sound of distant gunfire”.  This is keeping the mainstream longer standing MPs in check for fear of being tarred with the same brush. Unless a high profile minister makes an unexpected move this week,  Boris will win any no confidence vote by 100 plus and the plotters will be banished to political Siberia with possible deselection. He may still go of his own accord later in the year but this putsch is likely to fail. 

57 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I hear that the Wakeford defection is being used to undermine the other mainly red wall dissenters as naive opportunists and “not proper torys” who “panic at the sound of distant gunfire”.  This is keeping the mainstream longer standing MPs in check for fear of being tarred with the same brush. Unless a high profile minister makes an unexpected move this week,  Boris will win any no confidence vote by 100 plus and the plotters will be banished to political Siberia with possible deselection. He may still go of his own accord later in the year but this putsch is likely to fail. 

Wasn't it you a week or so back that reported similar comments made by 'proper Tories' about the red wall lot, that they were seen as out of their depth and getting ideas above their station? Since then we've had reports of a 'pork pie plot' organised by this group and one of their number humiliating Johnson by crossing the floor minutes before PMQs today. All the while, Tory poll numbers are tanking in these constituencies even faster than across the country as a whole. Doesn't seem like the red wall lot give too much of a fuck what 'proper Tories' think. 

If there's one lesson to take from what 'proper Tories' think from this sorry episode is that they are reading this parties scandal terribly and, contrary to what they seem to believe, events are being driven by forces outside of their control.

And anyway, what is David Davis if not a 'proper Tory'?

15 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Wasn't it you a week or so back that reported similar comments made by 'proper Tories' about the red wall lot, that they were seen as out of their depth and getting ideas above their station? Since then we've had reports of a 'pork pie plot' organised by this group and one of their number humiliating Johnson by crossing the floor minutes before PMQs today. All the while, Tory poll numbers are tanking in these constituencies even faster than across the country as a whole. Doesn't seem like the red wall lot give too much of a fuck what 'proper Tories' think. 

If there's one lesson to take from what 'proper Tories' think from this sorry episode is that they are reading this parties scandal terribly and, contrary to what they seem to believe, events are being driven by forces outside of their control.

And anyway, what is David Davis if not a 'proper Tory'?

A cunt a 100 percent carrot cunt.

1 hour ago, PestiRed said:

Johnson winning a no confidence vote and being untouchable for 12 months is great news for Europeans who wish to see the long term demise of the Tories and terrible news for anyone who lives in the U.K. & would like to be still alive in 2023

Looks like that might be about to change. 

I posted this in the Trump thread by mistake....putting it in here...

Can't believe there isn't more vocal opposition at the moment. The media is full of Tories normalising it, instead of opposition outrage.

Start attacking the credibility of the internal investigation now - It's not independent. It's gonna be a whitewash. Apologies are good enough for the PM but not for people like Stratton, Hancock etc.

He is getting away with this and if you thought there was piss taking previously, it'll get to a new level after this.

I like how the Tories are circling the wagons after the defection. What do they think is going to happen?

There'll just be leaks after leaks, like a thousand paper cuts and they'll all now be seen as defending him. Then the cost of living crisis is going to progressively get worse and he'll still be there because they didn't get rid. This is quite fun.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It goes without saying, but it's really not good for anyone to have a lame duck at the helm. 

I think it's very telling that they don't believe in any of their number strongly enough to be shouting from the roof tops, remarkable really, they don't trust anyone else to do a better job than this fraud.

Marvellous.

Of course the could be waiting for the locals, but there's very little good will left and it could be more damaging for results, with some taking him off promo material already.

30 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I keep saying this, but it’s going to take him being shown eating babies on live television.

The mails got his poor little baby suffering from Covid last week, poor Carrie was so sick with worry she had to lift her nose out of the Tatler home decor section for an hour.

From Billy Wragg, chief irritant within the party...

'In recent days a number of members of parliament have faced pressures and intimidation from members of the government because of their declared or assumed desire for a vote of confidence in the party leadership of the prime minister.

It is of course the duty of the government whip’s office to secure the government’s business in the House of Commons.

However it is not their function to breach the ministerial code in threatening to withdraw investments from members of parliament’s constituencies which are funded from the public purse.

Additionally, reports to me and others of members of staff at No 10 Downing Street, special advisers, government ministers and others encouraging the publication of stories in the press seeking to embarrass those who they suspect of lacking confidence in the prime minister is simply unacceptable.

The intimidation of a member of parliament is a serious matter. Moreover, the reports of which I’m aware would seem to constitute blackmail. As such, it would be my general advice to colleagues report these matters to the Speaker of the House of Commons and the commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, and they’re also welcome to contact me at any time.'

That the nuclear button right there.

29 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

The fact that he's hiding behind this " independent " report means at worst he gets a slap on the wrist or at best it totally exonerates him , I know where my money would be on .

He seems far too confident in this report. Unless he's buying time because something huge is about to happen that will eclipse and distract from partygate that will get him off (normally happens to tories when the shits hitting the fan) 

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Cummings has just dropped another bombshell, email warning Johnson that meeting was a party and he should steer clear has been found, Robert Peston just said Sue Gray informed.

Hahahahahahaha keep them coming you fucking head in a reagent bottle cunt 

(Cummings not you Gnasher) 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The mails got his poor little baby suffering from Covid last week, poor Carrie was so sick with worry she had to lift her nose out of the Tatler home decor section for an hour.

It's almost like they are drumming up sympathy for him..

It's also noticeable that the'boris beat covid 'narrative is getting parroted by every non entity they wheel out.

Do we still have the 7th worst death toll on the planet?