You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

If you look over the last 2 years,its almost mind blowing the utter car crash it has been.

Almost daily there have been scandals, lies,investigations ,cock ups,broken promises, disastrous speeches, and policies which have made us worse off,and that's not even including covid or Brexit.

It's almost unprecedented what an utter disaster it has been.

Yet it's only now people are waking up to him,and I still think he will somehow bluster through it.

Gisela Stuart has now been appointed as the Civil Service Commissioner. Unelected Baroness now getting another cushy number for fighting them unelected European bureaucrats. Why do Labour defectors to Johnson's gravy train not get more shit?

Must have immunity for being Brexiteers.

6 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

A lot of Tory MPs are breaking cover and saying they wont vote for the Government next week. Could be the beginning of the end. 

I doubt it. Johnson still popular with blue rinse tories and still popular throughout most of the country, may sound unbelievable but Johnson is still the biggest asset the Conservatives have, Liz Truss, Gove, Sunak won't have the same appeal to those waverers not really interested in politics and those at the top of the tory party know it.

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

If you look over the last 2 years,its almost mind blowing the utter car crash it has been.

Almost daily there have been scandals, lies,investigations ,cock ups,broken promises, disastrous speeches, and policies which have made us worse off,and that's not even including covid or Brexit.

It's almost unprecedented what an utter disaster it has been.

Yet it's only now people are waking up to him,and I still think he will somehow bluster through it.

That's the Boris factor, carefully manufactured so his celeb status over- rides any lack of substance, its worked a treat, up until now.

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I doubt it. Johnson still popular with blue rinse tories and still popular throughout most of the country, may sound unbelievable but Johnson is still the biggest asset the Conservatives have, Liz Truss, Gove, Sunak won't have the same appeal to those waverers not really interested in politics and those at the top of the tory party know it.

I think he's lost the party. I've heard that the no confidence letters are slowly but inexorably trickling in to the whips office and it is telling how other members of the cabinet refused to go on the radio or TV yesterday to support him. No word from Gove or Sunak for days now. They are keeping their distance less he suddenly sinks and they get dragged down with him. His big selling point was that the public liked him, now that's gone he has become a liability. I think he will be gone by the new year. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think he's lost the party. I've heard that the no confidence letters are slowly but inexorably trickling in to the whips office and it is telling how other members of the cabinet refused to go on the radio or TV yesterday to support him. No word from Gove or Sunak for days now. They are keeping their distance less he suddenly sinks and they get dragged down with him. His big selling point was that the public liked him, now that's gone he has become a liability. I think he will be gone by the new year. 

Yeah it does give the impression that he has finally gone to far.

I think the party thing has been the final straw.The way he has handled it,in his usual couldnt give a fuck attitude, has seen him lose big chunks of the party.

Ive seen very few come out and defend him.

The only thing which could save him is the timing of it,over the Christmas recess.

Pity there wasnt a competent labour leader around to not let him brush it off.

25 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

You get good odds for that but I'd keep your money in your pocket.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Gisela Stuart has now been appointed as the Civil Service Commissioner. Unelected Baroness now getting another cushy number for fighting them unelected European bureaucrats. Why do Labour defectors to Johnson's gravy train not get more shit?

Must have immunity for being Brexiteers.

History tells us winners will always pen the story whilst losers write shit on a wall.

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He made a speech at Lee Cains leaving do worse for wear.

I think that’ll be the money shot if they have it.

You can see it coming a mile away, it's like watching aliens perform anal probes on a Nebraskan farm hand. 

6 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Never heard of the cunt.

Former head of communications, left under a cloud after Cummings.

It’s leaking out that he made a bit of a show of himself making a speech for him at one of the ‘business meetings’ they’d had.

If there’s footage of that he’s fucked.

You just know with his famous attention to detail Alex would have insisted on no mobile phone and he would have stayed sober throughout…