You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

A tory sums up Johnson in 1 interview more succinctly and accurately than starmer has done in 2 years.

Boris johnson also surely nails the myth that we live in a meritocracy.

He was sacked twice from a job he presumably got thanks to his bavkground, he blundered  catastrophically in the Role of foreign secretary and he still somehow ends up as pm,where,by all accounts,he is that lazy he doesnt even bother reading the briefings he is given.

Work hard and you will get to the top?

Bollocks. 

• Upvote 2

I despise Boris. But not as much as I despise the Conservative party.

This smacks of a Tory party in self preservation mode. The leaks, the breifings , the sacrificail lamb. This is a premedicated attempt to wash away all of the shit show of the last two and a half years and have a true blue knight in blue passport cloloured armour to ride in and save the country by way of a new leader.

Or perhaps I am just cynical.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Qwikage said:

I despise Boris. But not as much as I despise the Conservative party.

This smacks of a Tory party in self preservation mode. The leaks, the breifings , the sacrificail lamb. This is a premedicated attempt to wash away all of the shit show of the last two and a half years and have a true blue knight in blue passport cloloured armour to ride in and save the country by way of a new leader.

Or perhaps I am just cynical.

You’re not cynical. It’s a prelude to clearing him out. They’ll let him cling on for a few more months in case the NHS is overwhelmed over Christmas, so he can take the blame for that, then flush him and tell everyone how they’ve acted in the country’s best interests. Under new management. You can trust us.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

All true, but nothing that wasn't already well known long before he became Prime Minister.

Yeah, he says he still has great affection for the conservative party.

The bottom line is that Tories are happy as long as it's just other people being shit on and not them. Once the polls change, or the headlights catch them with a second job, or their constituents start contacting them about lockdown rules impacting their lives, then there's a problem. 

It's the kind of philosophy that makes you ignore a rise in foofbanks in other parts of the country but moan about flooding in your village.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Fat cunt now on paternity leave. You couldn't make this shit up .Parliament will recess early as they go into full bunker mode.

If Johnson would've taken maternity leave for all his other kids it would have left him only three months working time for the last ten years and the country wouldn't be in the mess it is now.

• Upvote 1