You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Haha, here we go! Oh Britain. What have you done.

In his speech at the Tories’ conference, Sajid Javid said health and social care “begins at home” and people should go to family for support before the state.

Me and the better half picked up on that.

We read it as do certain thing like smoking, be overweight etc and somethings might be more difficult to come by.

Sounded quite sinister. 

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Me and the better half picked up on that.

We read it as do certain thing like smoking, be overweight etc and somethings might be more difficult to come by.

Sounded quite sinister. 

For me it's no longer about competing ideologies, it's genuinely terrifying. We're basically in the middle of a bust out. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

For me it's no longer about competing ideologies, it's genuinely terrifying. We're basically in the middle of a bust out. 

Yeah, it's beyond of any parameters we thought possible when you look at the laws they are trying to process, the chaos they are overseeing and the rampant theft from the public purse, it's a shake down on a state and they are being applauded as they do it.

I read a lot around this and what the truth actually is is too scary to comprehend, or believe, if they are right

Koch models of democratic subversion, corporte welfare and erosion of workers rights at the centre of free market, libertarian land grabs.

If we squint just a little we can see something very scary on the horizon.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Haha, here we go! Oh Britain. What have you done.

In his speech at the Tories’ conference, Sajid Javid said health and social care “begins at home” and people should go to family for support before the state.

So they have increased ni to pay for social care but they are expecting families to deal with.it?

Brilliant

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

So they have increased ni to pay for social care but they are expecting families to deal with.it?

Brilliant

Small print is it's funnelled into the NHS for three years then the CotE sets the new spending after that, so very little is initially and futher down the line it's a grey area.

It was always about plugging gaps in the NHS without providing extra funding and very little, beyond some headline, about 'fixing' social care.

27 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Small print is it's funnelled into the NHS for three years then the CotE sets the new spending after that, so very little is initially and futher down the line it's a grey area.

It was always about plugging gaps in the NHS without providing extra funding and very little, beyond some headline, about 'fixing' social care.

The insidious nature of these cunts is genuinly breathtaking. 

They cut social care to the bone then imply the problem is people misusing the system

Nailed on their lackeys in the media and the legion of fuckwits around the country will be making people feel guilty for putting a relative who needs 24 hr care into a home.

I stand by this.

This lot are worse than.thatcher.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, it's beyond of any parameters we thought possible when you look at the laws they are trying to process, the chaos they are overseeing and the rampant theft from the public purse, it's a shake down on a state and they are being applauded as they do it.

I read a lot around this and what the truth actually is is too scary to comprehend, or believe, if they are right

Koch models of democratic subversion, corporte welfare and erosion of workers rights at the centre of free market, libertarian land grabs.

If we squint just a little we can see something very scary on the horizon.

@Red Phoenix

Where are we at on this stuff pal?

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

The insidious nature of these cunts is genuinly breathtaking. 

They cut social care to the bone then imply the problem is people misusing the system

Nailed on their lackeys in the media and the legion of fuckwits around the country will be making people feel guilty for putting a relative who needs 24 hr care into a home.

I stand by this.

This lot are worse than.thatcher.

Thatcher was an uber cunt, but Thatcher didn't really mess with the NHS and for all the bullshit talk never propositioned leaving the EU.  The Labour Party at that time (1989 conference) voted at 89% to pull out of the EU. 

The Labour Party manifesto of the mid eighties (can't remember which one without google) promised a full withdrawal from the EU in one parliament.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Thatcher was an uber cunt, but Thatcher didn't really mess with the NHS and for all the bullshit talk never propositioned leaving the EU.  The Labour Party at that time (1989 conference) voted at 89% to pull out of the EU. 

The Labour Party manifesto of the mid eighties (can't remember which one without google) promised a full withdrawal from the EU in one parliament.

I'd guess at 1983, more likely to have been Foot than Kinnock.

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'd guess at 1983, more likely to have been Foot than Kinnock.

Yep, you're right, just checked, Foot wanted out and put it in the Labour manifesto 1983, Thatcher signed us up for more European capitalism bullshit in 1989. 

I say to some posters who give me a dogs life on here, read the link and make of that what you will.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15390884.amp

24 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Red Phoenix

Where are we at on this stuff pal?

Where should I be at?

Where's everyone else at on covid passes and vaccine mandates?

We each pick our own things to focus on and shouldn't be expected to be going on about all of the issues at the same time, we'd go collectively insane. But yeah the Tories are a complete joke and the UK is going to shit because of them as usual, like it has been doing for way too long.

I don't expect Starmer to fix much of it either if he somehow manages to win an election. I could probably have worded this post better but I'm tired and I've already used up way too much time/energy today on the covid thread.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Where should I be at?

Where's everyone else at on covid passes and vaccine mandates?

We each pick our own things to focus on and shouldn't be expected to be going on about all of the issues at the same time, we'd go collectively insane. But yeah the Tories are a complete joke and the UK is going to shit because of them as usual, like it has been doing for way too long.

I don't expect Starmer to fix much of it either if he somehow manages to win an election. I could probably have worded this post better but I'm tired and I've already used up way too much time/energy today on the covid thread.

This feels like a bigger conspiracy to me - like an actual conspiracy. For far greater stakes re: authoritarianism.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

This feels like a bigger conspiracy to me - like an actual conspiracy. For far greater stakes re: authoritarianism.

Yeah I'm not denying that the Tories have us well on the path to authoritarianism already, the covid stuff I've been focusing on would be just another step towards it, not something that suddenly turns things from fine to being bad.

I'm not even sure what else to say, things are a joke right now really. A good opposition would definitely help.

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The worm is turning...

Gibbons is everything our BBC should be, he's the bollocks. Instead we've got Laura and Dan Walker.

Edit; weird country when with fuel and food shortages most people are more upset with BBC Dan Walkers partner naffing up a couple of steps in the Pasa Nova on Strictly last Saturday night. 

This country's a fucking joke, I don't know how she's kept her job.

17 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Gibbons is everything our BBC should be, he's the bollocks. Instead we've got Laura and Dan Walker.

Edit; weird country when with fuel and food shortages most people are more upset with BBC Dan Walkers partner naffing up a couple of steps in the Pasa Nova on Strictly last Saturday night. 

This country's a fucking joke, I don't know how she's kept her job.

GET CHANNEL 4 DONE.

33 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah I'm not denying that the Tories have us well on the path to authoritarianism already, the covid stuff I've been focusing on would be just another step towards it, not something that suddenly turns things from fine to being bad.

I'm not even sure what else to say, things are a joke right now really. A good opposition would definitely help.

Authoritarian governments want to see - and film and photograph - your face. It's why they put CCTV and facial recognition cameras everywhere. It's one of the reasons why they love their racist abuse of women who choose to wear a veil.

I've never heard any argument why authoritarian governments would want people to wear masks.