You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

10 hours ago, Gnasher said:

On wage rises and cuts in Universal Credit it should be the Labour Party and unions threatening a strike by all those on Universal Credit and working to halt the cut. In the current climate of labour shortages they'd be fucked within a week. Time to take the gloves off.

Edit; just checked 2 million on Universal Credit are working, many key workers. Strike. Fuck em.

https://www.tuc.org.uk/blogs/universal-credit-cut-will-hit-millions-working-families-and-key-workers

It's easy to shout "strike" when it's not your livelihood, your home, your family that's on the line. The rhetoric of workers' power is always seductive; the reality, here and now, is much more depressing. We'd be going unarmed into a gunfight.

There's never any point of calling for a strike unless you have a plan of how to win. There are basically two ways you can win: economically (when it costs the bosses more to fight you than to meet your demands) and politically (when continuing to fight will do them more reputational damage than settling will). After 42 years of varying degrees of neo-liberalism, the odds are stacked hugely in the bosses' favour; the game is rigged.

In the specific case of low-paid workers on Universal Credit, it would be illegal for them to strike against the UC cuts (because that is not a dispute with their employer). In many companies, where their finances have been hit by the pandemic, such a strike would be a godsend to the bosses, because they could legally fire workers and not have to worry about redundancy pay. (Also, I think, the workers who are fired in this way wouldn't be able to claim UC, because they would be deemed responsible for the fact they no longer have a job.)

Any low-paid workers striking for better pay to compensate for the loss of UC would be unpaid for the duration of the strike and those in private rented accommodation would not have any protection against eviction. It would be a piece of piss for the bosses to starve them back to work.

If, by some miracle, low-paid workers were able to sustain a strike, the impacts would barely touch the political/employer/rentier classes: low-paid workers tend to provide the services on which low-paid people depend. In any case, all the disruption would be portrayed as being the fault of the unions and would be used as an excuse for further attacks on workplace democracy.

In short, we're fucked. We need to play the longer game - increasing union membership; campaigning for greater democracy in our unions; getting a Labour government that works for working people; supporting every strike; etc. - before anything will really change.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I thought Marr did alright, he looked like he was going to lose it a couple of times and put him on the spot quite a bit, the Johnson will just talk over and answer a difefrent question no matter what.

Trouble is now though he'll skulk off and not do another 'real' interview for a very long time.

Imagine they have to keep the Prime Minister away from the cameras in case he embarasses himself, or says something stupid, madness.

Sadly our prime minister reflects the electorate who vote for him. Our country is full of cunts and will just continue to vote for this charlatan no matter what as they see themselves in him

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

So was Benny Hill 

At least he delivered the milk, at pace as well.

One of this cunts predecessors snatched it out of my hands, now he’s part of a Govt. at least partly responsible for creating difficulties for the supply chain to deliver milk and for inevitably pushing up its price. 

2 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Further proof that he's a massive cunt. Who the fuck goes jogging in a formal white shirt and black shoes? 

Cunts. That's who. 

Screenshot_20211003_162402.jpg

Isn’t that him running back to his hotel room from his  goomah’s flat?

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Further proof that he's a massive cunt. Who the fuck goes jogging in a formal white shirt and black shoes? 

Cunts. That's who. 

Screenshot_20211003_162402.jpg

It pisses me off the way the media dance to this cunt's tune. He's not going for a run (the fat cunt is obviously not a runner and there's no chance he's in a hotel without a gym); he's going for a photo-op, looking a bit eccentric, to reinforce Brand Boris.  And the media lap it up.

35 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It pisses me off the way the media dance to this cunt's tune. He's not going for a run (the fat cunt is obviously not a runner and there's no chance he's in a hotel without a gym); he's going for a photo-op, looking a bit eccentric, to reinforce Brand Boris.  And the media lap it up.

sadly, as do the electorate. 

He's now saying he's not worried about rising prices and short supplies. Thank fuck for that, for a minute I thought things were getting really expensive and we're running out of stuff. Apparently we're not, because otherwise he'd be worried about it.

He's truly disconnected from reality and an absolute whopper.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Very convenient for a man who was removed from his girlfriends flat by police and whose dad broke his mums nose 

I'm watching an interview on Sky News of the fat slob being roasted about the above and he's just a gibbering mess at this point and unravelling before our eyes, it really isn't fun for him anymore and he's bored of being told off.

He'll do something self destructive soon, all part of the cycle.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I'm watching an interview on Sky News of the fat slob being roasted about the above and he's just a gibbering mess at this point and unravelling before our eyes, it really isn't fun for him anymore and he's bored of being told off.

He'll do something self destructive soon, all part of the cycle.

"Mr Prime Minister why have you decided to not make misogyny a hate crime?"

"ble ble see when I was errrrr erm young yes young when I was err beerrrr a child I used to build buses, errr big red buses and it's wonderful that we see so many in London our proud capital err we are committed! to getting on with the job and getting things done for the people of this country" 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"Mr Prime Minister why have you decided to not make misogyny a hate crime?"

"ble ble see when I was errrrr erm young yes young when I was err beerrrr a child I used to build buses, errr big red buses and it's wonderful that we see so many in London our proud capital err we are committed! to getting on with the job and getting things done for the people of this country" 

No, he was properly taken to task for The Conservatives record and funding cuts and was embarrassing in his responses, like a child being scolded.

It's happened a couple of time this week, first with Marr, then Robinson on Today and now this on Sky that I've seen.

He's being told off and he hates it when he's exposed and can't just bluster his way out.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No, he was properly taken to task for The Conservatives record and funding cuts and was embarrassing in his responses, like a child being scolded.

It's happened a couple of time this week, first with Marr, then Robinson on Today and now this on Sky that I've seen.

He's being told off and he hates it when he's exposed and can't just bluster his way out.

Good, the horrible cunt 

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

He's now saying he's not worried about rising prices and short supplies. Thank fuck for that, for a minute I thought things were getting really expensive and we're running out of stuff. Apparently we're not, because otherwise he'd be worried about it.

He's truly disconnected from reality and an absolute whopper.

I'm not sure who I despise more.

That callous cunt or toothless simpletons who think he is doing a spiffing job.