You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've not seen the context for this, but I can't imagine any context that makes it OK.

To be fair, if wage growth is the most important statistic then killing off all the low wage earners is a pretty successful & well thought-out policy

• Upvote 1

On 28/09/2021 at 21:24, Rushies tash said:

Probably the tribal nature of this country. As a few have said on here, when faced with the most extreme examples of Tory fuckwittery, their stock response is "imagine how worse it would have been under Labour". Years of tabloid brainwashing. Fuck knows what could be done about it though. I've stopped caring really. 

The phrase I keep seeing regarding Johnson and the fact that he is a lying cunt is that it is "priced in", so its expected.....

That interview Mal posted is him showing his true colours for all the world to see but people will lap it up still.

He’s on Marr tomorrow, after a self imposed media black out that doesn’t involve pre agreed questions with friendly journalists, and I hope he puts his foot in it by talking too much, he can’t help himself.

There’s a reckoning somewhere down the line, liars/chancers always get caught out eventually, it’s just how much damage he, and his backers, can do in the meantime that’s the problem.

They have fucked this country for potentially generations and they haven’t even started yet with their real ambitions.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Its becoming one of those things which is getting repeated over and over and never challenged.

He stated in parliament there were wages rises 'across the board' and no one from labour thought it worth to correct him.

6 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Its becoming one of those things which is getting repeated over and over and never challenged.

He stated in parliament there were wages rises 'across the board' and no one from labour thought it worth to correct him.

On wage rises and cuts in Universal Credit it should be the Labour Party and unions threatening a strike by all those on Universal Credit and working to halt the cut. In the current climate of labour shortages they'd be fucked within a week. Time to take the gloves off.

Edit; just checked 2 million on Universal Credit are working, many key workers. Strike. Fuck em.

https://www.tuc.org.uk/blogs/universal-credit-cut-will-hit-millions-working-families-and-key-workers

59 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

On wage rises and cuts in Universal Credit it should be the Labour Party and unions threatening a strike by all those on Universal Credit and working to halt the cut. In the current climate of labour shortages they'd be fucked within a week. Time to take the gloves off.

Edit; just checked 2 million on Universal Credit are working, many key workers. Strike. Fuck em.

https://www.tuc.org.uk/blogs/universal-credit-cut-will-hit-millions-working-families-and-key-workers

Agreed!

BBC Vox Pop of a random woman on the streets of london

'What do you think of Boris Johnson?'

'Oh, I love him, he's great, doing wonderful things for the country'

I have no words.

Waht the fuck are they seeing/hearing that we aren't?

Marr just opened up with 'Leading the polls, economic prosperity, covid off the front pages'

Fucksake, that's just outright lies.

29 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

In most cases, I think they’re seeing/hearing the same things. They just don’t care about the negative aspects of his personality, some of which seem to be actively celebrated. 

In terms of some of the damaging policies he presides over, the ‘I’m alright Jack’ approach takes care of those for many of his disciples. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

In most cases, I think they’re seeing/hearing the same things. They just don’t care about the negative aspects of his personality, some of which seem to be actively celebrated. 

In terms of some of the damaging policies he presides over, the ‘I’m alright Jack’ approach takes care of those for many of his disciples. 

This is about it really.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I have no words.

Marr just opened up with 'Leading the polls, economic prosperity, covid off the front pages'

Everyone gets rich if there’s nothing in the shops to spend money on

I have no words.

They are morons.

Its that simple.

• Upvote 1

I have no words.

I've just finished watching him on Marr. He was suitably awful, but you know his supporters will just blame the BBC. The stuff with the pigs was real David Brent stuff "they're going to die anyway". But we all know this will make absolutely no difference to those fucking meffs who vote for him, this is not new, it's part of what they buy into. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've just finished watching him on Marr. He was suitably awful, but you know his supporters will just blame the BBC. The stuff with the pigs was real David Brent stuff "they're going to die anyway". But we all know this will make absolutely no difference to those fucking meffs who vote for him, this is not new, it's part of what they buy into. 

At least he was honourable enough to not blame Andrew for any cull. Darn decent of him. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Just watched now and he's a man totally out of his depth and bereft of ideas.

He looks bored and is just blustering through muscle memory.

Not quite a car crash, but approaching and not a good look to have somebody so clueless front and centre at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not quite a car crash, but not a good look to have somebody so clueless front and centre at the moment.

It would have been if Andrew Marr had pushed him a bit more. I wanted him to ask the fucker about his own misogynistic words and actions when they were discussing violence towards woman and girls.

He could then have asked similar about other types of hate crime and how the views he’s expressed previously don’t seem to be aligned to what he says others need to stop, or be stopped, doing.

When he inevitably failed to answer those questions properly, Andrew should have finished with; “So, based on the answers you’ve just given, was Angela Rayner right to call scum?”

7 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

It would have been if Andrew Marr had pushed him a bit more. I wanted him to ask the fucker about his own misogynistic words and actions when they were discussing violence towards woman and girls.

He could then have asked similar about other types of hate crime and how the views he’s expressed previously don’t seem to be aligned to what he says others need to stop, or be stopped, doing.

When he inevitably failed to answer those questions properly, Andrew should have finished with; “So, based on the answers you’ve just given, was Angela Rayner right to call scum?”

I thought Marr did alright, he looked like he was going to lose it a couple of times and put him on the spot quite a bit, the Johnson will just talk over and answer a difefrent question no matter what.

Trouble is now though he'll skulk off and not do another 'real' interview for a very long time.

Imagine they have to keep the Prime Minister away from the cameras in case he embarasses himself, or says something stupid, madness.

• Upvote 2