You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

This is a brilliant article from a German reporter who sets out all the charges against Johnson that our media can't or won't.

Fascinating that the world sees him for what he is, yet some on this silly little Island fell for it.

Enjoy!

https://www-blaetter-de.translate.goog/ausgabe/2021/juli/die-politik-der-luege?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB&_x_tr_pto=ajax,nv,elem

• Upvote 1

On 09/07/2021 at 14:38, Bruce Spanner said:

This is a brilliant article from a German reporter who sets out all the charges against Johnson that our media can't or won't.

Fascinating that the world sees him for what he is, yet some on this silly little Island fell for it.

Enjoy!

https://www-blaetter-de.translate.goog/ausgabe/2021/juli/die-politik-der-luege?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB&_x_tr_pto=ajax,nv,elem

I can't decide if its worrying or depressing ,that people are quite happy to let them pull off all this shit?

And who else is working on this behind the scenes?

10 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I can't decide if its worrying or depressing ,that people are quite happy to let them pull off all this shit?

And who else is working on this behind the scenes?

It's a knowing apathy.

You bludegeon the populous and make them have to construct thier own naratives.

Most will give up as it's becoming too difficult and will look for a solution/salvation and that's what the Gov represent as they control the message.

It's fucking bleak, but the Russian disinformation cycles have been incorporated wholesale into our reality and it's been harnessed by the worst amongst us to create this weird false dichotomy of us/them.

Who is pulling the strings we can all guess at, but strings are being pulled.

I read this earlier and, though it gives Trump too much credit, it gives an overview of how poisoned the well actually is.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/07/jonathan-rauch-americas-competing-totalistic-ideologies/619386/

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It's a knowing apathy.

Most will give up as it's becoming too difficult and will look for a solution/salvation and that's what the Gov represent as they control the message.

It's fucking bleak, but the Russian disinformation cycles have been incorporated wholesale into our reality and it's been harnessed by the worst amongst us to create this weird false dichotomy of us/them.

I read this earlier and, though it gives Trump too much credit, it gives an overview of how poisoned the well actually is.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/07/jonathan-rauch-americas-competing-totalistic-ideologies/619386/

They have always done that though..they have always targeted scapegoats..scroungers,immigrants, single mothers.

I dont know if its Brexit but it feels different,its like a big chunk of the country have just tuned out and let him do what he wants. 

Its almost cult like behaviour where It simply does not matter what they do.

The response is.. yeah but corbyn.

5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

They have always done that though..they have always targeted scapegoats..scroungers,immigrants, single mothers.

I dont know if its Brexit but it feels different,its like a big chunk of the country have just tuned out and let him do what he wants. 

Its almost cult like behaviour where It simply does not matter what they do.

The response is.. yeah but corbyn.

There are mining sorftwares built that's trawling forums/chatrooms/social media and uses AI to 'position' opinion, even this one.

Every single thing on the internet is put through these filters and opinion are gaged about the activity of this subsection of users and these are done to such a degree they build up a profile of what is, and is not, permissible in this community.

This in turn is sold as packages to marketers who tailor their 'message' acccordingly to such a degree I will recieve completely different information to you, but when we get to the pub to discuss I'll be so entrenched in my opinion as it's been confirmed to me over and over by what I 'see' that I won't talk with you, I'll talk at you, and you'll do the same to me.

Now think back to the last time you were in a pub and tell me this didn't happen about one of the 'big' issues of the day?

You are right, it's cult like, deliberately and knowingly, as if you give a person a binary choice they have to choose, if you present options they form opinions.

31 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It's a knowing apathy.

Your post reminded me of this thread from Twitter earlier.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Your post reminded me of this thread from Twitter earlier.

Yup, this is where we are.

A netherworld of saturation which provides no answers and all of the answers at the same time, deliberately.

I'm ready to get off the carousel now..

*Make a bold statement you know isn't true but will make headlines and the majority will remember/believe*

*ignore or don't properly answer the question when being challenged on it*

Then one of *ignore until you stop getting asked* or *deflect onto something else* or both 

Politics 101. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Accuse the other side of that of which you are guilty.

Attributed to Geobbels can't be arsed searching if its a real quote but the sentiment rings true.

I don't think he was the sentimental kind but yes something similar was attributed to the cunt 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

There are mining sorftwares built that's trawling forums/chatrooms/social media and uses AI to 'position' opinion, even this one.

Every single thing on the internet is put through these filters and opinion are gaged about the activity of this subsection of users and these are done to such a degree they build up a profile of what is, and is not, permissible in this community.

This in turn is sold as packages to marketers who tailor their 'message' acccordingly to such a degree I will recieve completely different information to you, but when we get to the pub to discuss I'll be so entrenched in my opinion as it's been confirmed to me over and over by what I 'see' that I won't talk with you, I'll talk at you, and you'll do the same to me.

Now think back to the last time you were in a pub and tell me this didn't happen about one of the 'big' issues of the day?

You are right, it's cult like, deliberately and knowingly, as if you give a person a binary choice they have to choose, if you present options they form opinions.

It is like some dystopian nightmare

I also think there is a strata of people out there who know what they are upto,and simply dont care

I've read people say ,'well you would do the same', in terms of all those billions given away in the ppe scandal

As for labour, I'm not a big fan of starmer,but I think whoever the leader is,would struggle to land a punch on him.

Accountability and responsibility have become empty words, you see that at pmq where he just waffles bullshit, and is never called out.

You would think they would maybe go for a soft target like his incessant lying?

But millions of people simply dont care we have a person running the country who lies to them on a daily basis.

Its surreal.

• Upvote 1

Caught out lying in parliament again today 

We made it absolutely clear no one should boo the national team

Does he think everyone in this country has the attention span of a gnat?

I don't know why starmer doesnt consistently call him out for his lies but the bulk of the population apparently dont give a toss

On 11/07/2021 at 10:10, Arniepie said:

You would think they would maybe go for a soft target like his incessant lying?

They're not allowed to call each other liars are they? I found this searching though which seems like a good fit :

Why are Members of Parliament not allowed to call each other liars in the House of Commons, when we all know this is a prerequisite of the job?

THE QUESTION answers itself: an MP is not allowed to call another MP a liar because he would thereby be telling the truth, thus contravening parliamentary etiquette.

Laurens Otter, Wellington, Salop.

There's some more good ones here : https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-2245,00.html

I'm watching his speech now and it's truly awful.

'What I'm saying is I will give you everything and pay for everything and make you better people, with better lives, you'll live longer, more money and better jobs and a fucking unicorn. Literally everything you want, everything'

'How?'

'Well, here's the wheeze, it's a massive secret that only I can know'

How people fall for this shit I'll never know, it's so transparent.

• Upvote 1

He relies on the premise that the announcement has become more important than any actual policies, especially given that he has absolutely no intention of actually doing any of the shit he is waffling on about.

The announcement will hold long enough ( and they'll even announce it again in a different form if need be ) for his supporters to have something to say.

On 10/07/2021 at 17:17, Bruce Spanner said:

There are mining softwares built that's trawling forums/chatrooms/social media and uses AI to 'position' opinion, even this one.

Some fella in the market yesterday called me a shithouse cunt. Looked at him a little quizzically and he just tapped his nose and walked off.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I'm watching his speech now and it's truly awful.

'What I'm saying is I will give you everything and pay for everything and make you better people, with better lives, you'll live longer, more money and better jobs and a fucking unicorn. Literally everything you want, everything'

'How?'

'Well, here's the wheeze, it's a massive secret that only I can know'

How people fall for this shit I'll never know, it's so transparent.

At least raynor has called him out.

It baffles me why labour dont focus on this.

Hammer home the messege that everything that comes out of his mouth is a fucking lie.

It feels like there's been a bit of a change this week and the walls seem to be closing in on him and his cabinet.  Shame we've got a crap leader of the opposition who has no idea how to take advantage.

All opposition MPs need to come together to do something about him, he's poison.  They need to stand up at PMQs and one by one call him a liar, what's the worst that can happen? But they must do it together, strength in numbers.

23 minutes ago, Moo said:

It feels like there's been a bit of a change this week and the walls seem to be closing in on him and his cabinet.  Shame we've got a crap leader of the opposition who has no idea how to take advantage.

All opposition MPs need to come together to do something about him, he's poison.  They need to stand up at PMQs and one by one call him a liar, what's the worst that can happen? But they must do it together, strength in numbers.

The problem.is ,millions of people know he is s liar,I mean what type of simpleton would you have to be to not know?and simply dont care

• Upvote 1

Just look at this word salad.

‘And I can today announce another £50 m for football pitches so that we give new opportunity to the stars of the future and so that ultimately you are never more than 15 minutes away from a high quality football pitch and we won’t level up when so many people are sick, or off work because they are stressed, or because they suffer from obesity or problems with their mental health and that’s why we are tackling the problems of junk food and rewarding exercise and that’s why we are building 40 new hospitals and recruiting 50,000 more nurses, and we are going to deal with the backlog of those waiting for elective surgeries and the single biggest thing we can do of course, is investing in public services to change their lives to give them the confidence and the natural serotonin they need to deal with the day is to help them into a good job on decent pay and that means the private sector has to invest to create those jobs and we must create conditions for business confidence…’

A team worked on this fucking nonsense.

All lies as well.