You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

16 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

What exactly is the point of the Liberal Democrat party? The Green's, SNP and Reform I understand, Labour and Tory is obvious.

Am I wrong in suspecting the 8% supporting the LD are just self-absorbed twats. 

Odd question from someone who lives in a country where we're in power.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Odd question from someone who lives in a country where we're in power.

Not just that, I've pretty much voted Liberal all my life and even held positions in the party at times. I guess my point though was the LD in the UK seems a luxury if you're on the left spectrum. Is it a luxury that can be afforded when things are becoming rather dire? Isn't it fair comment to say Clegg was a bit of a handmaiden to the current mess? 

2 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Not just that, I've pretty much voted Liberal all my life and even held positions in the party at times. I guess my point though was the LD in the UK seems a luxury if you're on the left spectrum. Is it a luxury that can be afforded when things are becoming rather dire? Isn't it fair comment to say Clegg was a bit of a handmaiden to the current mess? 

People who vote LD aren't necessarily on the left. And in many areas the Lib Dems are the main opposition to the Tories. I wouldn't describe a vote for anyone as a "luxury". Nobody owns your vote, and if the big two parties aren't representing your interests (and they both have particularly poor records where civil liberties are concerned), then people are entitled to look elsewhere.

I do find it odd when people trust media depictions of Nick Clegg when they're telling us how full of shit the same media are when it comes to Boris Johnson, Jeremy Corbyn etc. I think there's a large element of confirmation bias there. And no coincidence that the point at which things really started going to shit in this country can be reliably dated to 2015.

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I wouldn't describe a vote for anyone as a "luxury". Nobody owns your vote, and if the big two parties aren't representing your interests (and they both have particularly poor records where civil liberties are concerned), then people are entitled to look elsewhere.

Ultimately I can't really argue against this. 

2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Anyway, he and Gove have denied it and they seem like a couple of jolly good chaps who can be taken at their word.

Now that we’ve had the denial phase we can move on to the leaked recording of the meeting phase.

Johnson 'was recording rap album' (thedailymash.co.uk)

BORIS Johnson only shouted ‘no more f**king lockdowns, let the bodies pile high in their thousands’ because he was recording a hip-hop album, it has emerged. 

Michael Gove, who is producing the project by providing a selection of his choicest beats, said that it was meant to be a surprise for Britain which the press had now ruined.

He continued: “Everyone’s had a creative lockdown project. Carrie’s was developing her new career as an interior designer, Boris’s was to become the rap MC he always knew he could be.

“He was laying down some really raw shit over pounding bass when he shouted those words, which were simply the braggadocio of the urban poet and not in any way policy.

“Unfortunately he was wearing headphones so, without the thunderous beats, it may have been misconstrued. If the snitches had heard him continue ‘popping caps in all y’all assclowns, take out my strap to lay those bustas down’ they wouldn’t have had to run to Peston.

“It’s a 22-song project with a early 90s Lench Mob feel and guest appearances from Foxy Brown, Daz Dillinger, Q-Tip and a blistering verse from Jacob Rees-Mogg. Out in summer.”

Gove added: “The fact that the bodies have piled high in their thousands as a result of the prime minister’s decisions is mere coincidence. You can’t damn a man for a coincidence.”

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

People who vote LD aren't necessarily on the left. And in many areas the Lib Dems are the main opposition to the Tories. I wouldn't describe a vote for anyone as a "luxury". Nobody owns your vote, and if the big two parties aren't representing your interests (and they both have particularly poor records where civil liberties are concerned), then people are entitled to look elsewhere.

I do find it odd when people trust media depictions of Nick Clegg when they're telling us how full of shit the same media are when it comes to Boris Johnson, Jeremy Corbyn etc. I think there's a large element of confirmation bias there. And no coincidence that the point at which things really started going to shit in this country can be reliably dated to 2015.

Fucking hell! Well you certainly aren't on the left given how wholeheartedly you backed the coalition. And ask the poor fuckers who had their benefits struck off between 2010 and 2015 how much the country was going to shit. It may be difficult with some of them as they only went and died, 100,000 or so. Nick Clegg has shown the depths he's willing to sink to with his choice of employer in Facebook and with his embarrassing defending of that company in media interviews.

The sad thing is Charles Kennedy era Lib Dems were almost certainly perceived as to the left of Blair's Labour and he gained your largest amount of seats because of that in 2005. Orange booker Clegg lost seats in 2010 and is responsible for almost destroying the LDs on a national level by 2015. Why you still defend him and the coalition is beyond me. 

23 minutes ago, Rocky Sullivan said:

Fucking hell! Well you certainly aren't on the left given how wholeheartedly you backed the coalition. And ask the poor fuckers who had their benefits struck off between 2010 and 2015 how much the country was going to shit. It may be difficult with some of them as they only went and died, 100,000 or so. Nick Clegg has shown the depths he's willing to sink to with his choice of employer in Facebook and with his embarrassing defending of that company in media interviews.

The sad thing is Charles Kennedy era Lib Dems were almost certainly perceived as to the left of Blair's Labour and he gained your largest amount of seats because of that in 2005. Orange booker Clegg lost seats in 2010 and is responsible for almost destroying the LDs on a national level by 2015. Why you still defend him and the coalition is beyond me. 

All tru dat

On 26/04/2021 at 21:38, Bruce Spanner said:

, which the majority of the UK can't as we have the lowest rate of literacy in the developed world...

Where you getting that literacy stat from mate? The UK and the US didn’t confirm their stats to UNESCO in the last round.

14 minutes ago, belarus said:

Where you getting that literacy stat from mate? The UK and the US didn’t confirm their stats to UNESCO in the last round.

Adult literacy rates for the UK are somewhere in the region of one in five have struggles with comprehension and reading, whereas most developed nations, and a fair few developing nations, are well above that. 

Child achievement in schools we languish between 15-25th globally for achievement despite our spending power.

9 hours ago, Rocky Sullivan said:

Because he's Strontium Dogmatic. 

• Like 1