You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

‘Get rid of your dickhead mates Alex, or I’m gone and you’ll never see the kid again’

Democracy by 3rd rate drama.

All of this is fishy. The 1922 are sticking their oar in now. 

Looks like ‘ideological’ fallout, or we’ve realised how fucked Brexit is going to make us and they have to concede that something needs to be done to steer us away from this self imposed abyss. The reckless head the balls who want us to crash and burn so their mates can get paid are being shown their arse, maybe?

Still all feels very contrived and staged though.

Might Alex, for once, be doing the right thing?

I think maybe Carrie has done us a solid, of sorts, even if only out of self-interest. Biden winning the US election has thrown a spanner in their works given Pelosi’s warning over any US trade deal. With that and the looming customs crisis they may suddenly have realised that they’ll have to cut some sort of compromise with the EU and it’s all gone a bit Beaker meme in No10. Whatever happens the UK still loses.

24 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Carrie must have been shagging him at some point.

She’s not got much to do with this, I don’t think, just an easy say name to drag through the mud while dissent is sown. That’s not to say she doesn’t have political aspirations and ambitions. 

This is just toys being thrown from the pram stuff and it’d be glorious if our countries economic future wasn’t reliant on these fucking egotistical, ideologically bankrupt cunts.

18 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

He's got to be one of the most stage managed cunts about. He'd give those cunts Jedward a run for their money.

That video of him telling us about his self isolation was fucking comical. The cunt looked worse than when he supposedly had the the virus. 

The whole fucking thing is a con trick.

He is the stereotypical buffoon with a money background. If he is the best person to run the country at the moment, the country is politically doomed. Hopefully policitically doomed doesn't mean actually doomed.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

It's all the result of hard work and application. 

I was thinking about this the other day and how the education system plays a huge part.

State schools teach about duty and private about liberty, this distinction should not be brushed away when we see the disproportionate amount of private school pupils in key/senior positions.

This is the very real manifestation of this and how destructive that is.

9 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I was thinking about this the other day and how the education system plays a huge part.

State schools teach about duty and private about liberty, this distinction should not be brushed away when we see the disproportionate amount of private school pupils in key/senior positions.

This is the very real manifestation of this and how destructive that is.

Obviously as someone who was raised on a council estate I have no idea what goes on at places like Eaton as presumably the likes of me would be shot on sight if I got within a few hundred metres of it. 

But my experience in terms of a state school seemed like no matter what you did they would try and suggest you do something else.

We only had one careers thing at all, I got told that wanting to build rally cars "Isn't a real job" (UK motorsport is about a 10 billion pound industry and one of the few areas we lead the world in) then the fact I wanted to be involved in the motor trade wasn't something I should do because I was "too clever for that" (I'm definitely not) and ended up doing stuff that I am good at and have some interest in but isn't really what I want to do.

I can still see it now being back at University as a supposedly mature student, I have lecturers who have done fuck all in the real world questioning why I want to do certain projects and attempting to tell me how the real world works in Engineering when none of them have any actual real world experience at all. Multiple times I've tried to speak to lecturers and even some senior management people about the fact the degree is basically worthless and all they ever do is ask what kind of grades I get, they can't understand why I think it's an issue I'm learning almost nothing but continually have one or the highest grades in almost every module (there is another mature student who I am now doing some work with outside of Uni and it's always us who are the highest two grades). 

All they think is important is that you have a high grade, they don't give a flying fuck about whether you are actually learning and improving in a meaningful way. I'd far rather be scraping a pass and feeling like I am gaining from it than coasting to a really high average first and being depressed and bored shitless because it feels like going into education had made me stagnate instead of progressing.

Additionally the amount of the younger students who are fresh out of A-Levels or whatever who seem to have no idea why they want to work in engineering other than it being a "good job" is kind of scary. They have zero interest in the subject, if you press them most want to do something else but seem terrified of the concept of doing something they actually want to do. 

The cynic in me thinks that maybe it's just easier to trick the population into accepting bullshit like the current cunts in charge pedal when most people are going home miserable as fuck because they spend 8 hours per day plus travel to do something they don't want to do in the first place. 

• Upvote 3

Spot on that.

I wanted to go to Uni and then to Dartmouth Naval College but was told by the naval careers officer "there's a lot of snobbery in the navy and you'll struggle with your scouse accent". 

The officer careers advisor was based in Manchester and only came to Liverpool once a month. I met him and he spent the whole time talking about how they got a lot of their best recruits from Liverpool secondary schools, but for entry level roles. He just wasn't interested in any officer talk at all, it was like telling someone you wanted to be a dragon. 

Eton kids are drilled to believe  they're a cut above, that they're born to rule and that it's their right to have success, be it in politics, military leadership, the legal world, media etc.

Most top journalists, judges, military officers and government politicians are privately educated, it’s a racket pure and simple.

There's no other county like it in the western world. People tell you you're lucky to live in Britain because you've got clean water etc, fair comment to an extent, but there's more to life than that. Having your life chances and ambitions curtailed from the moment your pop out is starvation of the soul. Get Geldof to write a song about that.

• Upvote 1