You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Trump is a psychopath. The 'system' or 'the establishment' or whatever we call it have 'some' interests that conflate with our own. Rule of law, no world war three, relative stability in the west. All of these things are requirements for the likes of, say, wall street to make money.

Trump doesn't think beyond the immediate comtents of his own wallet, by all accounts he has zero interest in intelligence reports, or any kind of report, he'll happily stand and watch the world be engulfed in pure chaos unless it impacts his bottom line. 

Trump is unlike anything that's come before IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally on board with what you and Bruce Spanner say but If and when he's gone, is the planet really going to be any safer than it was before he arrived ?

We've got Putin who just does not give a single fuck about anyone or anything. China seems to want to alienate itself from the rest of the forward thinking world. Certain Saudis seem to think butchering some poor fucker is OK as they know they're untouchable. Fuck knows what's going through the mind of Kim Jong Un, and all that is just a starter.

Will things really improve when Trump fucks off ? The seeds for the racial tensions in the US were there long before Trump arrived on the scene. Things may calm down a bit but deep down fuck all will change will it ?   

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Fucking hell 

@ShippersUnbound: BREAKING: Boris Johnson has asked former Mail editor Paul Dacre to run thr broadcasting watchdog Ofcom. Charles Moore is close to a done deal to be BBC chairman https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/arch-bbc-foes-paul-dacre-and-charles-moore-to-get-top-jobs-in-tv-lzn0lvxbs

Saw that just now, fucking hell! 

This is a reet stitch up. 

11 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally on board with what you and Bruce Spanner say but If and when he's gone, is the planet really going to be any safer than it was before he arrived ?

We've got Putin who just does not give a single fuck about anyone or anything. China seems to want to alienate itself from the rest of the forward thinking world. Certain Saudis seem to think butchering some poor fucker is OK as they know they're untouchable. Fuck knows what's going through the mind of Kim Jong Un, and all that is just a starter.

Will things really improve when Trump fucks off ? The seeds for the racial tensions in the US were there long before Trump arrived on the scene. Things may calm down a bit but deep down fuck all will change will it ?   

In a word, yes.

In a sentence, no, but they will be more apparent and the nuances will be better understood and we can stop the play ground posturing.

The problems will still be there and need fixing, you just won’t have a vainglorious sociopath pouring petrol on the dumpster fire that is the world.

Wholesale change isn’t possible, incremental is, in both ways, and I know which way I’d want the changes to be going in.

It’s not an either or, there is no right and wrong arguments, there is somebody who is wrong and we’re allowing an argument about it. 

Job being done. 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I honestly don't get this type of stuff, Trump does and says more despicable shit in a week than virtually any president, red or blue, does in eight years. 

Do you have any comprehension of the wars undertaken and the innocent people killed by Bush, Obama and the Clinton's?

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Do you have any comprehension of the wars undertaken and the innocent people killed by Bush, Obama and the Clinton's?

You're giving the general population the credit of being independently well read.

I also believe if it was politically expedient he'd blow up half the world. He may not have done worse, but he would

• Upvote 1

Just now, littletedwest said:

You're giving the general population the credit of being independently well read.

I also believe if it was politically expedient he'd blow up half the world. He may not have done worse, but he would

Trump for all his many faults has thankfully not fallen pray to the addiction where an American president sees it his duty to smash the fuck out of innocent people in foreign countries.

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

That article is bollocks, for one its critical of trumps policy on N. Korea. Korea is one of Trumps plus points.

Its bollocks because it doesn’t fit you minute interpretation of the world.

Read the rest.

Trump is a fucking disaster, we must agree on that?

It’s false equivalency to compare the rest as he’s in a category of one.

The others are problematic, yes, but don’t absolve one because of the failings of others.

In terms of international belligerence, Trump's ire seems to be focused more on China, an actual world superpower that could realistically take on and defeat the west in a third world war, probably because they wouldn't let his daughter patent her handbag designs or some shit. Getting a bit fruity in the south China seas of late.

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Really? Are the people who have been bombed in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen etc under Obama and Bush also out of touch?

If he had the excuse that they had he would go on a full scale attack. Iran in January for example. He was balls in on going at them but thankfully got shut down by those around him. 

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Its bollocks because it doesn’t fit you minute interpretation of the world.

Read the rest.

No it's not its nonsense. The figures are misleading because of the wars America is/was engaged in. Trumps policy on Korea has so far been successful, they were a major headache so the article is nonsense. 

Trump is no peace dove but he was voted in by Americans who were fed up by American troops being sent to meaningless conflicts. Has he been true to his word? No, but America rejected the Hilary Clinton thirst for war. The bar was set low.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

If he had the excuse that they had he would go on a full scale attack. Iran in January for example. He was balls in on going at them but thankfully got shut down by those around him. 

I think it was the other way around; John Bolton wanted to attack Iran, Trump was not convinced.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

No it's not its nonsense. The figures are misleading because of the wars America is/was engaged in. Trumps policy on Korea has so far been successful, they were a major headache so the article is nonsense. 

Trump is no peace dove but he was voted in by Americans who were fed up by American troops being sent to meaningless conflicts. Has he been true to his word? No, but America rejected the Hilary Clinton thirst for war. The bar was set low.

Literally nothing has changed with Korea.

Can I claim a promotion because I claim I’m good and everyone tells everybody else I am, but there’s no verifiable evidence.

No.

Clinton ‘thirst for war’? Fucking hell you’ll be taking about nonces getting pizza next.