You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

That's why Patel will be an improvement- she's not an alcoholic.

If Patel is the answer, what the fuck was the question again?

As a country we are so fucked for the foreseeable future. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Colonel Kurtz said:

I think she’s worth a £10 bet on being the next PM. Female, Asian heritage, right wing and tough on law and order. The Tory faithful see her as a reincarnation of Maggie. She would beat Gove or Raab in a contest easily. 

Hunt is the next PM.

After the flood that is.

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Will be Gove surely? Him, Johnson and Cummings are a package, it's probably already been agreed Blair/Brown style. 

It seems like but I'm not sure him and Johnson get on, saying that none of them get on  ruthless.

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Will be Gove surely? Him, Johnson and Cummings are a package, it's probably already been agreed Blair/Brown style. 

Gove is unelectable, they can only stretch credibility so far. All poling suggests Mr and Mrs shithead of former labour territory won’t take to him, hence why he’s stepped aside for Boris. He’s running things behind the scenes, perhaps his ego might make him put himself forward, but he’s on a hiding to nothing.

All depends on the backbone of the 1922 and various back benchers. If they’ve had enough of Dom and his dilettante’s then they’ll b gone. Others can do what Dom does now without the baggage. If so it’s Hunt as he’s not linked to this cluster fuck and has been vocal in his criticism. If they stay with Dom’s ‘master plan’ it’ll be someone faceless who isn’t linked to the Covid disaster. All dependant on polling for the next election.

Either way they should take a hammering if the opposition keep chipping away, but would you trust the great British public to not back these chancers and spivs again? 

Edit: this is all based on the politics we know and hate, not the new world populism we know and hate, I’m hoping that’ll go the way of the dinosaurs, if not we’re fucked who ever ‘in charge’ as they’re the fronts for the real power behind the scenes.

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

More bollocks.

Well, now you've made that erudite counterargument I totally see your point.

Nice to see you're following me around the forum though. I've got recommendations for a handkerchief manufacturer if you want something to wipe that dribble from your chin? Up to you. Think about it. 

3 minutes ago, Numero said:

Well, now you've made that erudite counterargument I totally see your point.

Nice to see you're following me around the forum though. I've got recommendations for a handkerchief manufacturer if you want something to wipe that dribble from your chin? Up to you. Think about it. 

I suppose it would be futile to ask for evidence on the claim you made above about Corbyn supporters?

42 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I suppose it would be futile to ask for evidence on the claim you made above about Corbyn supporters?

You expect me to engage you in civil discussion after talking about my mother's 'rotten pussy' and insulting me every time I mention something on topic, saying how it's not worth responding to? You're even more of a chin dribbler than I thought and that's saying something because I think you're a fucking imbecile. 

It's quite easy to work it out if you just think about what I actually said. Starmer is winning support from outside of his party (1, 2) and doing better than his predecessors in public opinion (3), which is what I used to refute Scooby's claim that he thinks people will buy it (4). It's inside the party, not outside of it, that he seems to be struggling. This is evidenced by the internal issues still widely reported (5), by the fact that those in the red wall think Labour aren't ready for government despite gains elsewhere (6), and by judging by the way people who 'still support Corbyn' respond to him on here and on twitter.

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Still looking??

Wow. just over half an hour to respond and you're kicking off already. I know your attention span is short, but I'll respond to what I like, when I like, not when you've started dribbling. But yes, I still think Labour has bigger problems inside of Labour, with Corbynites, than they do winning over outsiders. Your evidence that it's bollocks will be forthcoming, and within 35 minutes... right?

8 minutes ago, Numero said:

You expect me to engage you in civil discussion after talking about my mother's 'rotten pussy' and insulting me every time I mention something on topic, saying how it's not worth responding to? You're even more of a chin dribbler than I thought and that's saying something because I think you're a fucking imbecile. 

It's quite easy to work it out if you just think about what I actually said. Starmer is winning support from outside of his party (1, 2) and doing better than his predecessors in public opinion (3), which is what I used to refute Scooby's claim that he thinks people will buy it (4). It's inside the party, not outside of it, that he seems to be struggling. This is evidenced by the internal issues still widely reported (5), by the fact that those in the red wall think Labour aren't ready for government despite gains elsewhere (6), and by judging by the way people who 'still support Corbyn' respond to him on here and on twitter.

Wow. just over half an hour to respond and you're kicking off already. I know your attention span is short, but I'll respond to what I like, when I like, not when you've started dribbling. But yes, I still think Labour has bigger problems inside of Labour, with Corbynites, than they do winning over outsiders. Your evidence that it's bollocks will be forthcoming, and within 35 minutes... right?

Ok as I thought, load of bollocks.

• Downvote 1

Cummings is the power broker, Johnson and Gove are his guys, the rest of the cabinet are stuffed with yes people who'd be tolerable to him, Hunt is on the outside, old school, he's on maneuvers but suspect that he'd only be installed if there was some kind of mass Tory coup against the new order. It's two parties at the moment, a bit like the Republicans, the traditionalists and the crackpots, the former are willing to eat shit though as long as they keep their jobs, for now.  

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Cummings is the power broker, Johnson and Gove are his guys, the rest of the cabinet are stuffed with yes people who'd be tolerable to him, Hunt is on the outside, old school, he's on maneuvers but suspect that he'd only be installed if there was some kind of mass Tory coup against the new order. It's two parties at the moment, a bit like the Republicans, the traditionalists and the crackpots, the former are willing to eat shit though as long as they keep their jobs, for now.  

Cumming’s boss is the one we need to be wary of. 

He’s either an alchemist who has the brain dead career politicians in charge enthralled as he shows them his laptop, or his power is backed elsewhere. That’s the scary thing. We know the venture capitalist and speculators are already hedging against a no deal Brexit. The nation will crumble and they will pick up the pieces very fucking cheap, with huge profits and control down the line. 

This a concerted endeavour of many not just one man an a laptop.