You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm quite clear that sanctions should be considered. Since I supported measures being taken against Russia for annexing Crimea, I wouldn't be being consistent if I didn't support similar measures being taken against Israel in the event that it too annexes bits of another country.

Hang on... so you are only really against this for 'consistency' not because its wrong? 

The last pages or so of this thread are an eye-opener. I thought Dan Walker was just a mad, god-bothering football presenter - I had no idea that he was spear-heading the BBC’s daily morning political reaction. I also thought that Boris Johnson was the Prime Minister in an extremely busy period of crisis but apparently he’s odd-jobbing as a journalist writing Op-Ed pieces.

What the fuck is going on over there?

30 minutes ago, Numero said:

Johnson is on Nick Ferrari at the moment in LBC. He is making Johnson look even more of a cunt than normal. Nick fucking Ferrari is on his case, so things aren’t good for him. 

I’ve just watched some of it and clips on the LBC Twitter page. Looked more like a chummy chat between mates rather than Ferrari being on his case. Smirking and laughing all the way through. 

16 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve just watched some of it and clips on the LBC Twitter page. Looked more like a chummy chat between mates rather than Ferrari being on his case. Smirking and laughing all the way through. 

I didn’t watch it, only audio and he was on him, especially the beginning. 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I listened to it, Johnson was awful, really bad, then the clips they choose to show on tv were the ones where he sounded slightly coherent instead of the other 90% of the programme where he sounded lost and incoherent.  They bend over to help him.

When the biggest tory bum boy in Britain criticised it you know it was bad.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I listened to it, Johnson was awful, really bad, then the clips they choose to show on tv were the ones where he sounded slightly coherent instead of the other 90% of the programme where he sounded lost and incoherent.  They bend over to help him.

When the biggest tory bum boy in Britain criticised it you know it was bad.

I'm starting to think the PM might be right now on the strength of 'if Hodges is going for you, you're doing something right'. The world is upside down. 

22 minutes ago, Numero said:

I'm starting to think the PM might be right now on the strength of 'if Hodges is going for you, you're doing something right'. The world is upside down. 

Fair point. I think it's more Cummings cutting Hodges out of the little press circle he briefs. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I've seen a clip of him avoiding the question about his dad. How have we got to this position in the world? Has it ever been this bad? 

Pure gaslighting. Cummings. Jenrick. Johnson sr. The government decide when there's a case to answer, the government decide when there's a story, the government decide when the matter is closed. I don't think I've ever seen such a brazenly corrupt and callous set of bastards, but they completely and utterly understand modern politics: play to your base, keep playing to your base, play to your base a bit more and make sure your base continue to understand that everyone who isn't in your base is a danger to you and everything you hold dear. Cummings, Jenrick and Johnson sr. aren't a danger to you, nor is a lack of rules applying to them a danger to you: what's a danger to you is BLM, Corbyn, political correctness, immigrants, people who pull down statues of slavers and so on. Progress is terrifying. Rule-breaking is just a minor indulgence which we're appalling to try and make capital out of.

Their base don't give a fuck about accountability or corruption. Their base care about Brexit, and hostile environments, and tough sentences on criminals, and imperial nostalgia - and as long as Patel keeps saying "points based immigration system" and Johnson wobbles on optimistically about "sovereignty" they'll indulge any little misdemeanour along the way.

Fuck knows how it changes as well.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

Pure gaslighting. Cummings. Jenrick. Johnson sr. The government decide when there's a case to answer, the government decide when there's a story, the government decide when the matter is closed. I don't think I've ever seen such a brazenly corrupt and callous set of bastards, but they completely and utterly understand modern politics: play to your base, keep playing to your base, play to your base a bit more and make sure your base continue to understand that everyone who isn't in your base is a danger to you and everything you hold dear. Cummings, Jenrick and Johnson sr. aren't a danger to you, nor is a lack of rules applying to them a danger to you: what's a danger to you is BLM, Corbyn, political correctness, immigrants, people who pull down statues of slavers and so on. Progress is terrifying. Rule-breaking is just a minor indulgence which we're appalling to try and make capital out of.

Their base don't give a fuck about accountability or corruption. Their base care about Brexit, and hostile environments, and tough sentences on criminals, and imperial nostalgia - and as long as Patel keeps saying "points based immigration system" and Johnson wobbles on optimistically about "sovereignty" they'll indulge any little misdemeanour along the way.

Fuck knows how it changes as well.

I'd rather Henry VIII ran the show 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I'd rather Henry VIII ran the show 

He might as well be - Johnson is basically the same:

• Fat
  • Can't keep his end to himself
  • Has loads of kids he doesn't give a fuck about, cares more about his youngest than the others
  • Makes up rules as he goes along and tries to change laws when they get in his way
  • Weirdly liked by the proles despite the fact he'd give no fucks if any or all of them dropped dead tomorrow
  • Has a "born to rule" mentality
  • Hates any kind of accountability

At least Henry VIII looked better in a ruff, didn't intentionally tousle his hair and didn't pretend to be on the side of anyone but himself.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Manny said:

He might as well be - Johnson is basically the same:

• Fat
  • Can't keep his end to himself
  • Has loads of kids he doesn't give a fuck about, cares more about his youngest than the others
  • Makes up rules as he goes along and tries to change laws when they get in his way
  • Weirdly liked by the proles despite the fact he'd give no fucks if any or all of them dropped dead tomorrow
  • Has a "born to rule" mentality
  • Hates any kind of accountability

At least Henry VIII looked better in a ruff, didn't intentionally tousle his hair and didn't pretend to be on the side of anyone but himself.

You've just described half the forum 

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I've seen a clip of him avoiding the question about his dad. How have we got to this position in the world? Has it ever been this bad? 

I've seen most Tory governments do the self serve bit since 1979 but I honestly can't remember one as corrupt and morally bankrupt as this fucking shambles 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Talking of which, here's the fat, drunken old bastard this afternoon-

You know it's interesting. While we know that having the likes of Trump and Johnson in positions of responsibility isn't good for us, one wonders if it's not good for them either. As though they're so utterly unequipped for the roles that you start to actually see progressive mental degradation.