You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

I'd happily see Corbyn replaced by someone else on the left. Someone without the baggage. A better orator, a better politician in general. However, the paucity of possible replacements, and the fact that, as moof says, absolutely anyone to the left of Jo Swinson is going to get the "terrorist sympathising communist" routine if they have the temerity to want to see the end of nurses going to foodbanks and us murdering shepherds in the Middle east.

If it was someone like Starmer he'd have to convince the membership that he would push for left wing policies. I don't know if he could.

The n*rr*tive has to continue to be challenged. We can't allow Rupert Murdoch and his ilk, and in fact the wets at the Guardian, to continue to dictate what is or isn't acceptable politically or economically. 

• Upvote 7

It just can’t be anyone who disagrees with lies , slander, the dismantling of the NHS and the middle class I’m all right jack attitude. Basically no humanitarians. 

Andy Burnham would wipe the floor with all the parties put together 

2 hours ago, moof said:

You don’t defeat the far right in 2019 by a return to normalcy and standards. We need systemic change, any labour leader offering systemic change will get the same push back as Corbyn has received. We need to address the failing capitalist/oligarchic system. A moderate labour leader might be more electable, according to the media and Tory polling companies, but doesn’t actually offer any of what we need to lift civilisation out of the mire. We are at an existential moment in our history. 

The agenda you want is meaningless unless Labour can win power. Regrettably I can't see that happening with Corbyn at the helm. Right now I would settle for a moderate leader that can win with the alternative being another Tory victory 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Farage for the ambassadors post to the US? The possibility doesn't seem like a joke anymore.

No , that would be a step too far for Johnson at this stage. He can't risk any further controversy over this when he has to get his wavering MP's on board

40 minutes ago, magicrat said:

The agenda you want is meaningless unless Labour can win power. Regrettably I can't see that happening with Corbyn at the helm. Right now I would settle for a moderate leader that can win with the alternative being another Tory victory 

Who is this moderate leader guaranteed to win an election? Starmer? Miliband? Cooper? Jess Phillips?

I don’t see that it’s any more likely someone like that can win an election in the current climate, nor how much use it would be to us.

Which genuine alternative will address the real issues facing the planet in 2019? Corporate power, media corruption, climate change, immigration, democratising the economy, global wealth inequality, standing up to fascism... it’s all good and well saying “any labour govmt is better than any Tory govmt” but what happens when we’re 5 years further down the road still desperately clinging on to a violent, crumbling system? 

Labour pre-Corbyn was an austerity supporting neoliberal party, and as soon as they get rid of him they will lurch heavily back to the right.
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

I'd happily see Corbyn replaced by someone else on the left. Someone without the baggage. A better orator, a better politician in general. However, the paucity of possible replacements, and the fact that, as moof says, absolutely anyone to the left of Jo Swinson is going to get the "terrorist sympathising communist" routine if they have the temerity to want to see the end of nurses going to foodbanks and us murdering shepherds in the Middle east.

If it was someone like Starmer he'd have to convince the membership that he would push for left wing policies. I don't know if he could.

The n*rr*tive has to continue to be challenged. We can't allow Rupert Murdoch and his ilk, and in fact the wets at the Guardian, to continue to dictate what is or isn't acceptable politically or economically. 

Sounds lovely. Do you mind if i abstain for the little  green upward  arrows you all seem to crave.

You readily seem.to support and vote for people like the below.

https://euobserver.com/institutional/141039

Its all linked,  its all relative,  its all in this game they call capitalism. The people in the above link win. The people who except the people in the above link lose. I

Id you vote for an organisation that has the scum in the link above as its head then you  are eeping a corrupt system flourishing. Which is your choice, up to you, but imo its not fair to mock the brickies from barnsley or the welders from willow who want the system to crash and burn in a handcart from hell and are willing to take their chances from the freefall because they have literaly nothing at all to lose.

Guest Pistonbroke

He's surrounded himself by incompetent cunts, yet loads will still vote for the Tories at the next GE, even if the Pound land Trump survives Brexit.