You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

6 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Johnson is the more likely to shaft all the Tory Eurosceptic maniacs last minute if it suits him personally to ditch No Deal, this is the sort of rationalisation happening within my internal monologue.

When Jeremy Hunt is your only hope it’s time to pop a cyanide pill isn’t it.

Pretty much where I am. What a time to be alive.

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He starts mumbling some sentence then all of a sudden stops half way through and shouts something completely different. The cunt needs to be wired up to a powerful brain reading computer in a lab somewhere so we can understand the behaviours of Baboons a bit better

Harsh on baboons that.

It wouldn't surprise me if this whole Boris argument thing wasn't planned. It shouldn't dominate the papers but it is, we've all had arguments with our partners and it is part of normal life. Without any violence, it's a mundane part of living with someone and usually, they clear the air. 

Hence planning something that is easily defendable and taking the attention away from the serious matters, which is basically what his bumbling persona is about. 

There's nothing more predictable than the media though, we aren't so much fed news these days as led through a clearly scripted soap opera of life, the sadness is so many believe it to be real. 

Do I need to add for the weak minded that I am no fan of Mr Johnson, who in that respect at least has an apt name. 

39 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

It wouldn't surprise me if this whole Boris argument thing wasn't planned. It shouldn't dominate the papers but it is, we've all had arguments with our partners and it is part of normal life. Without any violence, it's a mundane part of living with someone and usually, they clear the air. 

Hence planning something that is easily defendable and taking the attention away from the serious matters, which is basically what his bumbling persona is about. 

There's nothing more predictable than the media though, we aren't so much fed news these days as led through a clearly scripted soap opera of life, the sadness is so many believe it to be real. 

Do I need to add for the weak minded that I am no fan of Mr Johnson, who in that respect at least has an apt name. 

Cynical about tories and the media. I dig it. 

45 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

Glad you added this line as I was struggling with the concept. 

Be grateful if you could also confirm which football team you support.

1 hour ago, Champions of Europe said:

What are you his mum?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Johnson reminds me of a character from Sharpe. Goes riding into battle half an hour after it's finished and twats his head on a branch. Needs a good northern knee in the bollocks.

“[Johnson is] a man who waits to see the way the crowd is running and then dashes in front and says, ‘Follow me’.” 
Michael Heseltine, Good Morning Britain interview in 2018

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Baddiel makes a valid point on Twitter. Right wing journalists seem to be annoyed that someone taped something and then gave it to the newspapers.  Without those two things not many of them would exist.  

The hypocrisy is quite something. I swear these types have serious mental disorders. It is completely lost on them that the thing they are shouting about they do themselves often 10 times more but they are too agenda and self-absorbed that they refuse to acknowledge it. Same with those who throw the anti-semitism shout around like candy. 

Sorry Rachel Riley but I disagree that Ole is the man for the job and that dress you wore on Countdown yesterday was too long. 

"Ooh look another anti-semite" 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Hunt thought his Chinese wife was Japanese. 

Haha, yeah I seen that. Interestingly, in the argument Johnson supposedly had with his bird, she screamed he was spoiled and had no appreciation for anything. She'd know his character more than anyone. This is the man that's supposedly going to navigate us through the storm. 

TheBitch hit the nail on the head with "I actually fear for us".

42 minutes ago, Boss said:

Haha, yeah I seen that. Interestingly, in the argument Johnson supposedly had with his bird, she screamed he was spoiled and had no appreciation for anything. She'd know his character more than anyone. This is the man that's supposedly going to navigate us through the storm. 

TheBitch hit the nail on the head with "I actually fear for us".

I'm not worried. 

Things have to crash before we can rebuild. 

A tipping point has to be reached where people have more to lose by sitting on their arse than they do by eating shit. 

It's no coincidence that the biggest era of social change came, despite us being broken as a country in every discernible way - just after the second world war, when there were loads of out of work men around who knew how to use guns.

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I'm not worried. 

Things have to crash before we can rebuild. 

A tipping point has to be reached where people have more to lose by sitting on their arse than they do by eating shit. 

It's no coincidence that the biggest era of social change came, despite us being broken as a country in every discernible way - just after the second world war, when there were loads of out of work men around who knew how to use guns.

You’re going to be waiting a long time. We live in an era from the age of mid 30s downwards where people aspire to be contestants on Love Island and Britain’s Got Talent, and dream of being Z list celebrities or social media influencers. Even the army are advertising for recruits based on people’s worst traits.

Army%20recruitment%20posters%20comp%201.

Army%20recruitment%20poster%20comp%202%2

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You’re going to be waiting a long time. We live in an era from the age of mid 30s downwards where people aspire to be contestants on Love Island and Britain’s Got Talent, and dream of being Z list celebrities or social media influencers. Even the army are advertising for recruits based on people’s worst traits.

Indeed.

And there would be an award-winning advertising agency somewhere (full of age mid 30s downwards) congratulating itself for facilitating a world/life-changing "brand purpose" for the army with this campaign.

2 hours ago, skaro said:

Indeed.

And there would be an award-winning advertising agency somewhere (full of age mid 30s downwards) congratulating itself for facilitating a world/life-changing "brand purpose" for the army with this campaign.

Sounding a bit old and resentful there, John. Is everything alright at the office?

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Your Army Needs

You

To go to the Middle East and steal some oil for Exxon Mobil*

God Save The Queen

*Stealing oil may result in loss of limbs, life or mental faculties which we cannot help you with as we spent all of our money on advertising campaigns. Contact Help for Heroes, your local British Legion or local homelessness charities for more details. Terms and conditions may apply.

• Upvote 2