You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

3 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I voted Labour once. I guess that makes me responsible for Corbyn. Fucking knew it.

At least you can please yourself in the fact you voted for a man who thanks to austeiry (imagine voting for a party who was knee deep in that) wasn't culpable in the deaths of (and counting) over a hundred thousand people .

30 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

A question for you and Rico?

who would you vote for between Corbyn or Boris?

Straight question Corbyn or Boris?

If a bad man held your family hostage and his only demand was you vote for either Corbyn or Boris, who would it be?

Hard question to answer. It would probably depend on who was more likely to stop Brexit.

These aren't really Tories any more to be fair. You only have to see the reaction of traditional conservatives like Heseltine, Major, Clarke, the likes of Peter Oborne and Hitchens. They're virtually suicidal watching it all.

It's like it's a virus that's mutated, like Bird Flu or something. 

Raegan and Thatcher unleashed it. They took the shackles off everything, made greed good. Decades of saying things in the states like 'government is the problem' led to an outsider who talked of draining swamps taking the reins. 

Over here it allowed a billionaire and millionaire class to consolidate everything, and the more they hoovered up, the more that took from us all and chipped away at us as a country - our ability to consume, to earn, to build, to live, that in turn impacted their bottom line too, as nobody was able to buy what they were selling. 

With no 'real' money they gave us debt to spend instead. Housing debt, student debt, unregulated banking debt, until eventually they ate through that too. 

The state stepped in, they found a way to screw that too, making private debt public and at the same time hoovering up the ruins of what they'd chewed through.

People started to notice. They didn't like it. So that anger was repositioned through their media outlets which were also bought and paid for. Blame the poor, the disabled, the foreigners, anyone but them.

It didn't work so the gloves came off. Now anything goes. It doesn't even pretend to care about you anymore, it's a savage system that would sell anything to anyone, sell the presidency to the Russians, sell our infrastructure to G4S, anything goes, all that matters is that they stay at the top and you're kept at bay. 

Trump and Johnson are the final act.

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Just a simple answer right now. Family on the line... no time to think... who will it be?

It’s a fucking stupid question that’s what it is.  

If if you want to know who I trust more to run the country why not just ask that?  

I think Boris would be out for Boris and would do his best to maintain status quo.  Corbyn wants to disrupt and could do great damage in 4 years so marginally Boris.  But it’s a shit choice as they are both fucking hopeless. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

If if you want to know who I trust more to run the country why not just ask that?  

I think Boris would be out for Boris and would do his best to maintain status quo.  Corbyn wants to disrupt and could do great damage in 4 years so marginally Boris.  But it’s a shit choice as they are both fucking hopeless. 

No it’s not. I’m asking who would you prefer.

How is that a stupid question?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Sorry to cherry pick a comment, but I just can't understand how any politician or party can possibly cause more damage to the UK than the Tories have over the last 9 years of austerity and the looming threat of Brexit. It just smacks of the old 'There Is No Alternative' Thatcherite nonsense.

• Upvote 5

26 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Just ask me who i prefer, leave out the melodramatic bollocks. 

That was more aimed at stronts, who will avoid the two options like the plague.

I knew you would go with Boris anyway.

Stronts, who would you vote for? 

18 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

That was more aimed at stronts, who will avoid the two options like the plague.

I knew you would go with Boris anyway.

Stronts, who would you vote for? 

I respect the fact that Rico gave an answer.

Don't be a shit house stronts, Corbyn or Boris?

I’d vote Cable over Boris. 

2 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Just a simple answer right now. Family on the line... no time to think... who will it be?

I did give you a simple answer. Whoever would stop the madness that is Brexit. At the moment you would think it's probably Corbyn. In six months it may not be.