You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers

PaulMcC

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a real climate of fear around change at this club, and that's the biggest obstacle on the way to success.

Just because we lose two players doesn't mean that the opposition have 13 players, nor does it mean we have 9 players, it's still 11 v 11 and the better 'team' will win a game of football. That's working hard for each other, working smart, being quick and strong, and taking chances when they come our way.

I suggested selling Suarez for £30m yesterday and was laughed at. We can;t replace Suarez for £30m! That;s the cry!

But we dont want to replace Suarez, otherwise there would be no point in selling him. We only need £10m to bring in someone like Papiss Cisse like Newcastle did. How dare they buy a fucking player who can be of more use for Suarez but pay less than half we did! How fucking dare they, it must be wrong, Suarez is better.

No, Suarez is more skillful, he's more exciting, but he's nothing like as effective as Cisse is, by way of example.

I don't even know what Gerrard is this week. What is he now? Defensive mid? Box-to-box? Deeplying playmaker? Second striker? Ball winner? I can't keep up. And he's the bestest at all of those as well? At 32? And addled by injuries?

It doesn't bother anyone that Allen is already better than Gerrard at the ball winner thing, and Lucas is better than him as the Defensive mid, and that Sahin did pretty much better than Gerrard has for two years as a box-to-box player? So, Gerrard is the best in the World at what he does, but actually, we've got three better midfielders than him at OUR club alone, in various central midfield positions?

*facepalm*

Really? You're going to pitchfork me out of the village with this flimsy shit?

People worry about what we'll be like without Gerrard, when he retires.

Have you actually stopped to see what life has been like WITH him these last two years? It's not been Gerrard's fault, but for christ's sake man, we're already at the shitty bit, you don't need to wait another two years to see what life is like without Gerrard, it's already here.

Surely some ponce with an ipad from the club should have been at him before the conference asking if he'd seen the stamp and showing him a video!

Not Rodgers' fault but Mr Marsh is correct, the club should be handling these things better.

This wouldnt have happened if we had a miked up Fat Sam and Sunbed Brown in charge: bluetooth makes everything better

I don't see the problem with not playing any player if they're not in great form or reaching the end of their reign. Carragher is a good example. Love the player to bits but we could all see that he was becoming a liability in some of our tougher games.

I don't see the problem with not playing any player if they're not in great form or reaching the end of their reign. Carragher is a good example. Love the player to bits but we could all see that he was becoming a liability in some of our tougher games.

I agree with you on Carra, but i think with Gerrard we have someone who can still offer a lot. Gerrard in the 'engine room' or wharever,then maybe no; but we have a failing in the final third, so maybe we could play him right of the front 3 (though he would roam anyway). As SL said, he can still contribute goals, but others have made good points about him not gelling with the other midfielders so far

funeee is right. We need to start moving on from the Gerrard worship and treat him like every other player. When he doesn't perform he shouldn't continue to play. We need competition in the squad and if certain players are exempt from it, then the whole ethos of the club is fucked.

Likewise I agree with him on Suarez. He's a liability and I don't trust him to score the goals we need - £30m for him and I'd have him gone.

By the way, has anyone noticed the way silverlining comments on other poster's mental health in virtually every thread? It's the worst example of projection I've seen on any internet forum.

To be fair to Gerrard, he's been played in more positions than is healthy for any top player.

It's time to stop asking him to reinvent himself every 6 months.

To be fair to Gerrard, he may prefer a reinventing process than being dropped entirely, but yes: a role he can be effective in, without weakening the team for his benefit, as per john Barnes in CM.

funeee is right. We need to start moving on from the Gerrard worship and treat him like every other player. When he doesn't perform he shouldn't continue to play. We need competition in the squad and if certain players are exempt from it, then the whole ethos of the club is fucked.

Likewise I agree with him on Suarez. He's a liability and I don't trust him to score the goals we need - £30m for him and I'd have him gone.

By the way, has anyone noticed the way silverlining comments on other poster's mental health in virtually every thread? It's the worst example of projection I've seen on any internet forum.

Suarez a liability. Why? Explain yourself if you don't mind. I'm interested to know

Suarez a liability. Why? Explain yourself if you don't mind. I'm interested to know

He's a liability because he doesn't seem to be able to control his actions: biting, diving, fouling, not shaking hands etc. He's also a liability in that, we could create 20 chances a game and he'd sky the whole lot.

Guest ShoePiss
He's a liability because he doesn't seem to be able to control his actions: biting, diving, fouling, not shaking hands etc. He's also a liability in that, we could create 20 chances a game and he'd sky the whole lot.

Haha you yorkshire twat

Guest San Don
To be fair to Gerrard, he's been played in more positions than is healthy for any top player.

It's time to stop asking him to reinvent himself every 6 months.

Fucking hell, I'd love to have seen what you'd have said about the Mighty Em before Shanks moved him from midfield to the back 4. Of that's right, you dont have a scoobie, do you?

That was a piss poor reply that mate. I'm sorry I asked you to explain now as I've inadvertantly allowed you the opportunity to prove beyond doubt that you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

We haven't had a lot to cheer about for a good while now as we have slipped away from the top level for one reason and another.

Be thankful you have a player like Luis to watch every week, be it good or bad. Who do you think would create most of the 20 chances you mention.

Be careful what you wish for Mr T.

Right then. You ready with that explanation now me old mate. Fire away