You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers

PaulMcC

I pretty much agree with everything Randy Marsh has said in this thread.

LFC have a big communications department and have all sorts of people watching the game, both in the stadium and on the TV/commentary feed (or they should have!).

The manager should be briefed on any issues that come up (for or against us) so that he's not blindsided in the post match interviews, and so we can attempt to set our own agenda in the reporting. It needs to be done there and then, not a day or two later when the damage/negative headlines have already been written.

If LFC are posting press releases on the LFC website 24 hours later, then it's because they've cocked-up and it's a damage limitation exercise.

You can see in this video (1 min 54 seconds in) that Brendan hasn't got a clue when asked about the Huth stamp:

[YOUTUBE]gidv-GzYe7M[/YOUTUBE]

Whilst in the other press conference, that twat Pulis is diverting the attention away from Huth's stamp by focusing on the Suarez dive (as if the media needed an invitation to stick the boot into Suarez anyway, after ignoring all the genuine fouls/penalty appeals he's had waived away recently). I think it's pretty obvious that Pulis was briefed by his own people about the Huth stamp, as I wouldn't have expected him to have came out so strongly about the Suarez dive otherwise.

Same thing happened with Kenny last season when he wasn't aware that the Suarez/Evra handshake didn't happen, yet nobody told him about it or prepared him for what he might be asked about.

The LFC press/communications department need to be more proactive about dealing with things like this as it's not rocket science.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put a sock in it you hysterical tart.

So Suarez takes a dive, much the way Gerrard and Owen have done in the past, as Ronaldo and Dorgba made a career out of, and which countless foreign players do every week at home and abroad - and because the media machine stick their teeth into Suarez you want to get rid of one of our handful of decent players? Why don't we just pull our pants down and let Ferguson stick his Bryan Robson-shaped dildo up our arse?

Since when did LFC become a shithouse football club?

This club has always been an outsider, from fielding a British team with not a single Englishman in it to the petty commentary of people like Barry Davies while we were turning over shit clubs like Spurs and West Ham - the darlings of English football with barely a tinpot cup between them. Fuck Ferguson, fuck Trevor Brooking, fuck the Soccer Saturday panel, their opinions count for nothing in the slightest.

Fuck them, let's just get on with it, stand your ground as a Liverpool supporter and grow some balls, need I remind you we've been doing that for a long time and for issues far bigger and far reaching than this.

Cracking post that,lad. Well played (typed? written?).

None of those mentioned have ever done us any favours and we've never wanted any.

Fuck 'em all. It's always been and ever will be us against the rest.

Guest San Don
I pretty much agree with everything Randy Marsh has said in this thread.

LFC have a big communications department and have all sorts of people watching the game, both in the stadium and on the TV/commentary feed (or they should have!).

The manager should be briefed on any issues that come up (for or against us) so that he's not blindsided in the post match interviews, and so we can attempt to set our own agenda in the reporting. It needs to be done there and then, not a day or two later when the damage/negative headlines have already been written.

If LFC are posting press releases on the LFC website 24 hours later, then it's because they've cocked-up and it's a damage limitation exercise.

You can see in this video (1 min 54 seconds in) that Brendan hasn't got a clue when asked about the Huth stamp:

[YOUTUBE]gidv-GzYe7M[/YOUTUBE]

Whilst in the other press conference, that twat Pulis is diverting the attention away from Huth's stamp by focusing on the Suarez dive (as if the media needed an invitation to stick the boot into Suarez anyway, after ignoring all the genuine fouls/penalty appeals he's had waived away recently). I think it's pretty obvious that Pulis was briefed by his own people about the Huth stamp, as I wouldn't have expected him to have came out so strongly about the Suarez dive otherwise.

Same thing happened with Kenny last season when he wasn't aware that the Suarez/Evra handshake didn't happen, yet nobody told him about it or prepared him for what he might be asked about.

The LFC press/communications department need to be more proactive about dealing with things like this as it's not rocket science.

Its a bit unrealistic to expect the club to brief the manager about every incident or any issue that may come up in the after match press conference.

I mean how long would it take to tell him and how the fuck is he expected to remember every little thing he's been briefed on? Its just not practical.

Its a bit unrealistic to expect the club to brief the manager about every incident or any issue that may come up in the after match press conference.

I mean how long would it take to tell him and how the fuck is he expected to remember every little thing he's been briefed on? Its just not practical.

I assume you have never been married.

Completely disagree. We're talking about a 1 minute briefing of any major issues. Not a 90 minute play-by-play analysis of the match. He'll have seen most of the things that happened in the game already, but this would make sure the key talking points were covered.

It takes a matter of seconds to say "Suarez didn't shake Evra's hand so this is how we should deal with it..." or "Suarez did a dive but try to shift the focus to Huth stamping on him and say the dive was out of frustration of being kicked from pillar to post or whatever..."