You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gary Hooper

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I actually mentioned him earlier in the MF. I don't watch much Scottish football, and only saw him player a few times, but from youtube he looks like he's strong, quick and can finish. Still, most players on youtube look like that.

I really like him but fed up of signing players who look decent for smaller clubs/lower leagues and being disappointed so wouldn't get too excited if we did get him

What the fuck are you on about? He is clearly going to be one of the best young strikers in the country, if he isn't already....

...hang on a sec, he's Scottish?

Bjorny, you never said anything about Scotland in your opening post, which I took in good faith.

Can't believe this.

What the fuck are you on about? He is clearly going to be one of the best young strikers in the country, if he isn't already....

...hang on a sec, he's Scottish?

Bjorny, you never said anything about Scotland in your opening post, which I took in good faith.

Can't believe this.

hes not Scottish.....

Scores goals.

In Scotland.

Fuck knows if he's any good.

Judged by his career records, it seems easier than the Championship.

09-10 19 goals in 35 games for Scunthorpe.

10-11 20 goals in 26 games for Celtic.

Anthony Stokes is a stud up there, that says it all about the current sorry state of Scottish footy.

I've been impressed when I've seen him on TV, like his movement, good finisher. Lots of stories from May show he was in talks over a new deal but can't find any to say he signed. Now they are talking about a new deal again, so there was obviously a breakdown as he looked elsewhere.

They rejected £7m+ bids in the summer and I wouldn't want us to pay much more on him but if we can get him in for under £10m he might turn out a bargain.

dFysw8pVz3w

Still... SPL, awful keepers and lumpen defenders.

On the other hand I'm pretty confident we'd create good opportunities for him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Better service (perhaps) and worse oppositions (definitely).

Worse than the Championship? Not sure about that!

Sl - he is English fella. Don't knock the scots.... The King was one

What is he now? ;)

Worse than the Championship? Not sure about that!

SPL is well below the Championship imo, Celtic are only Championship standard going off the players they have who have played in England

the rest are more League 1/2 standard

if they were at reasonable prices I wouldn't mind looking at Hooper and Charlie Austin from Burnley, I'd doubt we'd get them at a price worth the risk though

SPL is well below the Championship imo, Celtic are only Championship standard going off the players they have who have played in England

the rest are more League 1/2 standard

if they were at reasonable prices I wouldn't mind looking at Hooper and Charlie Austin from Burnley, I'd doubt we'd get them at a price worth the risk though

Hi, I am a red. I am very close to Celtic. closer than most. Lets leave this player continue to be how good he is.

Im from Glasgow and can tell you that hooper is not in our class range best bet for him is villa - west brom level wanyama however is a different kettlle of fish outstanding player whether as midfielder or defender a beast of a player and given the financial climate in scottish football 5-6 mill bid would suffice