You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DORTMUND

index1000

Yeah, but they don't have enough money to sustain themselves without selling their best players, so they lose one or two a year.

I think Klopp will be one of the next managers to try his luck in the Premiership or perhaps another of Europe's top leagues.

Similarly to Benitez at Valencia -minus the European trophy success - winning two titles in a league in which they aren't the richest or most famous club, ensures that he is one of the most sought-after coaches in football.

Be interesting to see where he ends up.

Yeah, which i find somewhat strange, they were in severe financial difficulties a few years back which lead to them having to sell Westfalen if i remember correctly ?

But they still fill it weekly with over 80k so should have a decent enough income through ticket sales...

Could see Chelsea or City go after him, Di Matteo or Mancini will get sacked unless they win the CL or PL, and also depending on what Mourinho does i suppose.

Yeah, which i find somewhat strange, they were in severe financial difficulties a few years back which lead to them having to sell Westfalen if i remember correctly ?

But they still fill it weekly with over 80k so should have a decent enough income through ticket sales...

Could see Chelsea or City go after him, Di Matteo or Mancini will get sacked unless they win the CL or PL, and also depending on what Mourinho does i suppose.

Pretty sure it's the TV revenue that is their main problem. It's dwarfed by ours, Spain etc.

Used to watch a lot of Dortmund when I ws in Germany working. Brilliant experience going to that ground on a regular basis.

Dortmund should be a model to follow. Were within 20 minutes of going bust and that forced them to change their approach. Their youth and scouting system is superb and in Klopp they have a manger with a very clear idea of playing. He once said that the game without the ball is almost more important than the one with it and if his team got done by somebody losing the ball or a tackle he would be more annoyed with the player not covering than the player who lost the ball.

They are a very well drilled team and very, very fit...they have to be to play the style they do. Early impressions of Rodgers do seem to show some similarities but he seems to me to be more concerned about posession than Klopp.

I am not sure whether and when Klopp will leave Dortmund or indeed Germany. He was at Mainz as player and coach for something like 18 years and he is in his 5th season in Dortmund. There is really nowhere else for him to go in Germany after this unless Bayern turn their entire philosophy on its head. I think we would suit him totally in terms of mentality but he has never worked outside Germany.

Not sure the 'noveau rich' clubs would be for him, but money may talk in the end.