You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Udinese at Anfield 4/10

JaminKibbler

Looking forward to this one. I think there is a lot of great teams in the Europe League this year; Udinese, Atletico, Inter, Lazio, Spurs, Schalke etc.

Hopefully the young guns will get another go, with Jones in goal of course. Robbo on the left back, really like him and rate him highly. IMO he's a better defender than Enrique. Jose is still better going forward and stronger though.

Would like to see Yesil as well. He did well against WBA when he came up against to strong defenders, all alone. Had a wonderful work rate too.

Jones- Wisdom Carra Coates Robbo - Jonjo Hendo Paches - Downing/raheem Yesil Assaidi

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we could and shoul play side almost as strong as against Norwich.

There are many reasons why we should do so, for example securing 3 games from this one we would be in the driving seat for qualifying and could play the fringe players in next rounds.

Also Brendan said after Hearts game that he is leaving out key players for this kind of matches in case of away trips because of travelling etc...but thre is no such a need for the home games.

And also when there is international break he can play twice a week, because there is not another game in 2 weeks.

Plus Udinese is probably the toughest oponnent in group, so we should play a semi-strong side.

I xpect the likes of Johnson, Skrtel, Suarez, Sahin, Shelvey, Henderson, Coates and Assaidi to start, maybe also Enrique and one of Sterling-Suso.

Play the best possible team*.

We don't leave Merseyside for a month, all home games and the derby.

*right now doesn't necessarily mean the internationalists, quite a few of the young uns have went up the pecking order. Lets give Dowing and Henderson the night off, I expect Shelvey to be itching to get on then pitch.

Using that logic, they could actually play a game every day. The get paid enough don't they? Makes you wonder why every manager rests their important players whenever they can. I reckon that every manager in the world is clueless and you my friend are where its at.

Ha ha - very good

Suarez, Gerrard, Allen, Skrtle and maybe Sterling need to be rested completely

If Downing is to play, he needs to play on the left.

This cutting in from the right thing doesn't work & we may as well play with 10 men.

At least on the left he helps the shape and occasionally throws a decent cross in.

I think I prefer him on the right.

On the left all he does is cross and we rarely have players in the box to attack them anyway.

On the right he can cut inside and shoot, like he did vs Gromel away.

Not sure it matters if he is left or right, he is just not good enough!

According to the white bib theory it will be

Goalkeeper; Johnson, Coates, Carra, Robinson;Allen, Henderson, Shelvey;Downing, Borini, Assaidi.

I think that will be the team, with Suarez, Gerrard on the bench.

I'd rather see Yesil than Downing, that shitehouse cunt can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned, he's a total shitbag...

If he showed half the bottle the youth players do he would probably gain more respect and not be disliked so much, I look at him and think if he wasn't a footballer a job as a librarian would suit him.