You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wanted: Suarez - video proof of diving

Lapskaus

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive difference between exaggerating a foul and diving. The referees are utterly incompetent in this league to the extent that perhaps some players, consciously or subconsciously feel the need to display evidence that they've been fouled to draw the referee's attention to it.

Diving á la Ashley Young / Van Nistelrooy / Robert Pires / Ronaldo / Gareth Bale is pure unadulterated cheating. Making the most of contact is not. At least not to the extent that blatant throwing yourself on the floor is.

His histrionics after contact, whether there was a foul or not are what has got him where he is. That constant, immediate, hands up in the air is never going to win a foul, ever. It is going to make a ref shade any 50/50 against and many 60/40s.

Obviously someone had a word with him cuz against NC it was at a minimum. If he keeps his head down for a couple of weeks he will start getting more than his share.

His histrionics after contact, whether there was a foul or not are what has got him where he is. That constant, immediate, hands up in the air is never going to win a foul, ever. It is going to make a ref shade any 50/50 against and many 60/40s.

Obviously someone had a word with him cuz against NC it was at a minimum. If he keeps his head down for a couple of weeks he will start getting more than his share.

Looked to me like he'd resigned himself to the fact that he won't get anything.

Massive difference between exaggerating a foul and diving. The referees are utterly incompetent in this league to the extent that perhaps some players, consciously or subconsciously feel the need to display evidence that they've been fouled to draw the referee's attention to it.

The refs are bad in this league? Where are they any better?

Refereeing football is nigh on impossible. It's played at speed and the ball is shitfted about so rapidly, the referee is often quite a distance from play. The player has to go down otherwise no foul will be given. But there is a difference between that and over-reacting to any contact; and Suarez can be guilty of that on occasion.

But, as Howie just said, he was excellent against Norwich in this regard.

The refs are bad in this league? Where are they any better?

Refereeing football is nigh on impossible. It's played at speed and the ball is shitfted about so rapidly, the referee is often quite a distance from play. The player has to go down otherwise no foul will be given. But there is a difference between that and over-reacting to any contact; and Suarez can be guilty of that on occasion.

But, as Howie just said, he was excellent against Norwich in this regard.

Agree with you on this.

To me he is different type of forward to most I have seen play before.

He is very much a close ball player and because of it he will draw in lots of fouls against him.

He had a tendency to go down a bit easy or over react to fouls when he first came here.

Unfortunatly it has earned him a reputation of being a diver.

The problem now is having earned that reputation it is one that is not easy to lose.

I think for a player who signed in January, made is debut late January or earlier February to be called on divind in September, is a bit much!

People seem to be missing the point when pundits say he has a reputation, the question should be 'who gave you right the make that decision?' Young's theatrics against QPR didn't stop him getting the penalty against Villa did it?

Talk as much as you want about what Luis does, the fact is that Ferguson called him immediately and henceforth the reputation stuck. Lets see if Wellbeck gets the next decision against him because since Janaury onwards Luis doesn't even get free kicks, you are allowed to kick him.

I think for a player who signed in January, made is debut late January or earlier February to be called on divind in September, is a bit much!

People seem to be missing the point when pundits say he has a reputation, the question should be 'who gave you right the make that decision?' Young's theatrics against QPR didn't stop him getting the penalty against Villa did it?

Talk as much as you want about what Luis does, the fact is that Ferguson called him immediately and henceforth the reputation stuck. Lets see if Wellbeck gets the next decision against him because since Janaury onwards Luis doesn't even get free kicks, you are allowed to kick him.

But, who gives a shit if Welbeck gets his next penalty or not?! It will give us cause to moan and zero else!

We need to be doing all we can to make sure the ref decides in our favour. That can start by Luis cutting out the antics, which he definitely did against Norwich. It may not even be the falling over, merely the appealing after that is doing him no favours. But something isn't right because he is getting nothing at the moment.

But, who gives a shit if Welbeck gets his next penalty or not?! It will give us cause to moan and zero else!

We need to be doing all we can to make sure the ref decides in our favour. That can start by Luis cutting out the antics, which he definitely did against Norwich. It may not even be the falling over, merely the appealing after that is doing him no favours. But something isn't right because he is getting nothing at the moment.

Us!

We are in the same league as them, points dropped for them is good for us, so it does matter.

It is the villification of our player that is the problem, sooner or later if this isn't stopped, a player will go in too hard thinking he won't be pulled, and we will lost Luis with an injury, or, fed up being kicked pillar to post he will want to leave. Lets see what happens on Sunday, my bet that Pulis (fully resplendent in his Paedo outfit) will have them flying in to rile him.

I think the argument that diving without hysterics is okay, but the dramatic diving is wrong is ridiculous! Gerrard has dived far more than Suarez for far longer and he doesn't have a reputation. I don't recall Toress diving and yet he had a reputation, which meant he got the shit kicked out of him.

Look at it another way then.

The top six penality earners in the premier league since 02/03 season are 14 Andy Johnson 11 young and bent 10 Agbonlahor and Crouch 9 Gerrard.

Apart from the fact that three of them are ex Villa players,there all English players.

So does that point to a bias towards English players getting awarded penalities?

Also Luis was signed over a season and a half ago and not 8 months ago and Ferguson threw that reputation on him,but he was already been seen as a player who went down easy.

If I remember right there was alot on this site at the time saying about it to.

I'm sure Rodgers and the coaching staff (and probably a number of the players too) have spoken to Luis and asked him to tone down some of the theatrics, with a view to highlighting just how much he's having decisions given against him based on his given reputation rather than what actually happens on the field. We saw that with the non-penalty incident at the weekend. People are slowly starting to ask questions of the officials even if they are not entirely sold on Luis.

The other aspect I'm sure they spoke about with him is the need to keep his temper in check and not retaliate to the provocation he's receiving each week. I know it must be sorely tempting to chin some of the mentally deficient cunts that populate the Premier League, but it wouldn't do him or us any good for him to react.

Thirdly, I would ask him to stop drinking mate tea behind the wheel of his car (you'll need to have seen episode 3 of Being Liverpool to know where this is coming from). It's not an illegal substance by any means, but if you can be done for being caught driving whilst drinking a bottle of water, you can get done for this too. It only takes one do-gooder to see this on the documentary when Channel 5 show it this week and it will be all over the media as "Luis Suarez: the racist cheating drink-driver."

FERGUSON : SCHOLES IS NO 'GINGER' RANT.

Alex Ferguson has today mounted a stern defence of Paul Scholes' alleged 'red-headedness'.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRi2L0ee6GI7tNIEe-Fh4kGO9bNPw4w7OPRQGjZ_m2p2IqfxO9pyA

Paul Scholes yesterday.

In a Jim Beam fuelled 3 a.m address from the corner of Woodward Avenue in Greater Manchester, an emotional and fully self-aware Alex Ferguson has taken the world to task for believing the evidence of it's own eyes.

"We've known for quite a few years that there's Ranga's in this league. Not Scholesy though. No way."

Monday's completely trustworthy pronouncement has since been declared the knight of the realms most truthful statement since he declared their 1999 European Cup win, 'Fully deserved. We outplayed Bayern Munich didn't we?'

When asked if there was any truth in the fact that he'd only won the league consistently when they became the richest club in Britain, outearning their nearest rivals by around thirty million pounds per year and been flukey enough to get a bunch of world class kids through their academy, the usually taciturn Scotsman replied, 'No.'

I reckon people are probably doing a bit of wishful thinking if they think its all about Suarez and his theatrics.

Hes been fairly calm since the start of the season in the aftermath of a lot of challenges and hes still getting fuck all.

I reckon it will start to change now though, but it will be nothing to do with him cutting out the crying about decisions. It'll be because Rodgers highlighted the issue properly and a few pundits have begun to highlight it too. That in turn will put pressure on the Refs to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Stu, we all agree he does some play-acting and roll around, like many other players, but we haven't seen him dive like we've seen Gerrard, Rooney, Bale and especially Young do on several occasions. However, he does have a reputation of doing so amongst pundits and people who are swayed by them like you. That is the point of this thread. And unless you come up with something to prove you are wrong you just look silly

Firstly, I'm not swayed by idiot pundits, I form my own opinions from what I see and may be moved from that opinion if I come across a very well thought out counter to that opinion. Secondly, I have no inclination to search for more gifs of him tumbling to the ground and rolling around to add to a thread already covered in them. All to convince the Suarez Scientologists that what they believe is retarded.

Course he does Monty. Course he does.

What a crock of shit.

Yes. He does. All the time. Look at the way he screamed and twisted against Evans after a tap on the leg, it's pathetic and embarrassing. Rodwell got sent off or it. He's always at it and I fucking hate it.

The everton gif seems like there's no contact = a dive. The other two there's a slight contact = no dive, but exaggerating the foul.

I'll state this again for those who don't seem to have a handle on it: having slight contact from someone and falling over through your own choice is a dive, it is not a foul. Football is a contact sport and just because someone makes contact with you does not mean it's a foul. If you are not intending to take another step and have thrown yourself to the floor then you have dived. A rare exception is when you are getting out of the way of a bad tackle, a very rare exception.

Suarez is terrible for it and to try and claim he isn't is pretty pathetic. It's rife in the game and I can't help but wish a broken tibia on the cunts who are ruining the game with it.

I haven’t read this thread, but anyone claiming Suarez doesn't dive is doing it out of (very) blind loyalty. He may not dive any more than any other players, and less then the likes of Young and Bale, but he dives. He also loves his histrionics. I feel that if he was British he wouldn’t have the name he has and would be getting more penalties (Bale and Young are proof of this), but he still rolls around far too much.

It’s also worth noting that referees have clearly been told to be very careful of getting fooled for frees and penos as they are turning down penalty shouts all over the place at the moment. The Wellbeck penalty was truly ridiculous against Wigan, but they were also denied what looked like pretty clear pens against Spurs last weekend.

Suarez is somewhat of a marked man, but he’s no angel. This thread is, I feel, ill conceived.

Players seek to gain an advantage be they attacking or defending.

Old Montague seemingly cant grasp that.

Eh? It's not grasping it, it's having an opinion on the fact that they do.

No e either fucko.

Now, can let's get back to the LFC version of the earth being made in seven days about 5000 years ago. Despite ALL evidence to the contrary.

Suarez invites the challenge, he is expecting contact. When a player clatters through him it's for a reason, the defender is looking to gain an advantage. Defender's are not vilified in the same way. For example Barnett's reaction after he fouled Suarez. He rushes to the referee claiming Suarez has dived, asking him to be booked. There's little made of this compared to the focus on Suarez's perceived antics.

How does an attacking player counter this especially if you're talking about a foreign player quicker of mind and technically superior to the average English defender? The easy fix is to encourage the attacker to make the most of any contact. I certainly think in this country there should be more done to protect players like Suarez.

Suarez invites the challenge, he is expecting contact. When a player clatters through him it's for a reason, the defender is looking to gain an advantage. Defender's are not vilified in the same way. For example Barnett's reaction after he fouled Suarez. He rushes to the referee claiming Suarez has dived, asking him to be booked. There's little made of this compared to the focus on Suarez's perceived antics.

How does an attacking player counter this especially if you're talking about a foreign player quicker of mind and technically superior to the average English defender? The easy fix is to encourage the attacker to make the most of any contact. I certainly think in this country there should be more done to protect players like Suarez.

So are you saying Suarez never dives then?