You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Violence Against Burglars

AngryOfTuebrook

Why put your safety in the hands of some burglar cunt who has absolutely no respect for your rights? If someone comes into your house, you don't know what their real motives are. You are hoping that it's just robbery, but what if they are a real sickhead and they have worse things in mind? If you have family you just can't take the chance.

You give up your rights when you invade someone else's house. Fuck 'em.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
Black Teen Living With White Foster Parents Assaulted and Pepper Sprayed By Police After Neighbors Thought He Was a Burglar

deshawn_currie_black_teen_arrested_white

Wake County, NC — 18-year-old DeShawn Currie from Wake County, North Carolina teen was recently assaulted and arrested by police in his own home. Currie, who is Black but lives with his white foster parents, was apparently mistaken for a burglar. Neighbors reportedly called the police when they saw Currie entering his home after school one day. But, he was not breaking in; He simply opened an unlocked side door and walked in.

According to Currie, when police arrived, they didn’t even ask questions. “They was like, ‘Put your hands on the door,’ I was like, ‘For what? This is my house.” Then he asked them, “‘Why are y’all in here?'” Then he says the officers pointed to photos of white people hanging on the wall, and told him that he was lying.

He later told reporters, “I’m feeling comfortable, I had moved into my room [in the house with his new adoptive parents], and I’m feeling like I’m loved. And then when they come in and they just profile me and say that I’m not who I am. And that I do not stay here because there was white kids on the wall, that really made me mad.”

He also added that police were shouting profanity at him and pointing their guns at his face. When he insisted that he was in fact in his own home, police then attacked him with pepper spray.

The police, however, defended their actions, saying that that Currie did not obey the officer’s orders.

Stacy Tyler, Currie’s foster mom, commented, “He’s my baby boy just as much as my other three children are.” She added, “My 5-year-old looked at me last night and said, ‘Mama I don’t understand why they hated our brother, and they had to come in and hurt him.'”

Ricky Tyler, Currie’s foster dad, commented, “Everything that we’ve worked so hard for in the past years was stripped away yesterday in just a matter of moments.”

That's a terrible story with the young man who was fostered. Some rotten apples in the police force...

But in the interests of balance - our neighbor is a police officer. He's a top fella and commands a lot of respect. He is African American, about 6 foot 5, fit as a fiddle, and has muscles on his muscles. When he rides on his lawnmower to cut the grass he has a sneaky cigar from time to time. His dad was a Minister and our kids get on the same bus to school and play together. They had a party for the neighbors and he got the beers in and made some fantastic food on the bbq. 

As an aside, I reckon he's bumming the foster mum. It might just be that I watch XHamster far too much, but from what I've seen theres nothing a chubby white chick likes more than a bit of the dark chocolate.

She's also getting it off the pizza delivery boy, her husband's best mate, their neighbour, a local taxi driver, some burnt-out everyman dudes who drive round in a van, cajoling women into getting gang-poled, and this lizard casting agent with a camera in a shitty little room he's hired. 

She's utterly insatiable and I fling spunk at her image like an angry Eric Bristow chucks darts.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's right to call people reactionary gobshite's for agreeing with this at all, in fact i think it's instinctual like Section says. A unknown man or multiple men are in your home, taking your fucking things. I mean there are story's of people getting tortured and set on fire for their pin numbers and although that's an extreme case, it does happen. I personally know a good friend that used to know this lad that broke into a house in Huyton on the rob, the owner of the house was a mentally disabled man, and the two of them (him and one of his friends) brutally tortured and killed this man, they didn't know him from Adam.

As far as i'm concerned, you break into my home and the bets are off, i don't give a fuck what you have, you threaten my family and that's the line and it's been crossed with your presence. i have no idea what your intentions are, you could be there to steal my tv, you could be there to attack my family, but it's the home owners right to escalate to violence in that situation because it's primitive, fuck human rights.

• Upvote 3

She's also getting it off the pizza delivery boy, her husband's best mate, their neighbour, a local taxi driver, some burnt-out everyman dudes who drive round in a van, cajoling women into getting gang-poled, and this lizard casting agent with a camera in a shitty little room he's hired. 

She's utterly insatiable and I fling spunk at her image like an angry Eric Bristow chucks darts.

Out of rep for today. Owe you one for that though.

You could also have had "like an enraged Zeus hurling lightning bolts from the peak of Mount Olympus".

I don't think it's right to call people reactionary gobshite's for agreeing with this at all, in fact i think it's instinctual like Section says. A unknown man or multiple men are in your home, taking your fucking things. I mean there are story's of people getting tortured and set on fire for their pin numbers and although that's an extreme case, it does happen. I personally know a good friend that used to know this lad that broke into a house in Huyton on the rob, the owner of the house was a mentally disabled man, and the two of them (him and one of his friends) brutally tortured and killed this man, they didn't know him from Adam.

As far as i'm concerned, you break into my home and the bets are off, i don't give a fuck what you have, you threaten my family and that's the line and it's been crossed with your presence. i have no idea what your intentions are, you could be there to steal my tv, you could be there to attack my family, but it's the home owners right to escalate to violence in that situation because it's primitive, fuck human rights.

No, let's not fuck them.

Anyone comes onto my house or yours and they're entitled to the kicking of their lives. If you genuinely fear for your life you can even stab and kill them without being prosecuted.

But chase a burglar down the road, half a mile away from your home and family? Then you can't do so much.

• Upvote 1

The main thing that caught my eye about the original post was the judge mentioning 'houses in the country.' I imagine this means those country squires with a few quid who go to shoot birds and deer and stuff and own half of some Shire that you only see on maps.

I'd imagine if a normal city dweller or townie battered the shit out of some smackhead trying to nick a widescreen telly or ipod to pay for their next fix they wouldnt be given the same amount of leniency.

There is nothing worse than the sick feeling of coming home to a burgled house.happened to me twice in my youth,both Friday nights funnily enough.first time been to woolton with my mates,just lived with my mum at the time who was staying out at my aunties in anfield overnight.I had just started work in a shipping office in town ,my first job,and I had drawn all my wages out and left them on the mantlepiece. Anyway,I got home about 1130pm and went to put my key in the door,and it just pushed open,I put the hall light on and saw the lock lying on the floor attached to a lump of wood,door been kicked in.I felt a mixture of fear and rage/anger,but the adrenaline kicked in,and the fight or flight hormone was definitely on fight mode.I wasn't pissed,but had been drinking and I ran round the house screaming profanities and I swear if someone was there I wouldn't have stopped hitting them until they stopped moving.nobody there,well gone.all my wages went, radios,watches clocks,dads medals from second world war.no real mess made thankfully.called police and a copper and sergeant came out,the fucking sergeant was taking a great interest in my new stereo which my mum had bought me as an early Christmas present(this was december) asking where I had got it from and did I have a receipt! He'd been called to a burglary and he's treating me as a suspect the prick.

This had a profound effect on my poor mum,she was never the same again,always wary about leaving the house empty.

Year or so later,Friday night again(we lived in an upstairs maisonette on a council estate at the time)and mum out again overnight,ive got myself a nice girlfriend now and we are both bollocko on the living room floor in front of the gas fire,lights off, doing the dirty deed when there's an almighty bang which I knew right away was the door being put in again,well I was up like a shot and screaming 'you fucking bastards!'as i ran naked toward the front door and out onto the landing.our house was right next to the communal stairs and I could see two kids just rounding onto the second flight,they must have only been about twelve or thirteen and I didn't recognise them as local.I started down after them then realised1)I had no clothes on 2)I would never catch them as they were fast as fuck.on the way back up the stairs the woman from next door had come out to see what all the commotion was about, and was surprised to see a naked seventeen year old halewood pete with a lazy lob on walking towards her!

It's not what the bastards get away with,it's the effect on your peace of mind.You develop a siege mentality,you cannot sleep properly, and you worry when you go out or on holiday.that does pass with time,and those of you who have had the misfortune of being burgled with know exactly what I mean

I live in my own semi now in a quiet area of halewood,but I have a claw hammer down the side of my bed,and I would have no hesitation whatsoever using against any bastard who broke into my house, I would deal with the situation as it developed,and hopefully wouldn't have to use it, the threat being enough.,but if push comes to shove,they are going to get twatted.

(happy ending to the first break in,the staff at work had a whip round for me and I got more money than my wages,our insurance paid out too a few weeks later so my mum said I should give the money back from the whip round,which I tried to do,but the boss at the time wouldn't hear of it and said I should give it to my mum if I didn't want it,but mum told me to buy some clothes with it and take my mates to the pub.

• Upvote 8