You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liam Gallagher

Bjornebye

Liam Gallagher  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Liam Gallagher

Grade A Bellend.

Noel however, a legend, and the one with more talent in one pube than Liam will ever have.

This ^^

Liam Gallagher has made some fucking great music. Some shit as well, but some great. He can be a bit of a bellend but you need a bit of that, or you end up being Bono or Chris Martin.

Completely wrong as these pair are fucking massive bellends. Right pair of self righteous cunts.

So what if Noel wrote the songs, he made a pretty fucking big contribution to Oasis since he sung most of the songs. And yes, I've seen Beady Eye twice, Mountford Hall and supporting The Stone Roses. Noel's solo album, good as it is, is also not a patch on the his early Oasis albums. I don't see how that should be used as a stick to beat him with.

Be here now is so underated it's untrue, and Don't believe the truth is a great album. So to sum up, yeah he has made some great music. In my opinion.

Edit: That reads as a bit angry on my part, not my intention!

You put your Parker on for that post didn't you?

I just don't understand the adulation Liam gets.

I've never owned any Oasis records, not really interested.

But there is no denying that Liam Gallagher has (or had) a fucking great rock n roll voice.

Largely because it was copied entirely from John Lennon c.1965-1970, even down to the top-lip curling back onto his teeth

This. It was much better on the first two albums before it became more professional and polished.

Be here now is so underated it's untrue, and Don't believe the truth is a great album.

A friend of mine who is close pals with the Real People knows both of them. He prefers Liam because he always asks how you are and is interested in you whereas Noel, as sound as he is, is a bit 'me me me'.

I love em both. Both extremely funny in very different ways.

A friend of mine who is close pals with the Real People knows both of them. He prefers Liam because he always asks how you are and is interested in you whereas Noel' date=' as sound as he is, is a bit 'me me me'.

I love em both. Both extremely funny in very different ways.[/quote']

And Liam got his singing style from Chris Griffiths as much as Lennon. A mate of mine who knows them reckons Liam's sound.

And Liam got his singing style from Chris Griffiths as much as Lennon. A mate of mine who knows them reckons Liam's sound.

I know someone who's been out a few times with Liam and said he's sound also. He's a cunt 'cos he er, walks funny. Alright then.

Some good quotes too :

On Wayne Rooney - "He looks like a fucking balloon with a fucking Weetabix crushed on top. He's better off as a skinhead, isn't he?"

On Footballers - “[Mario] Balotelli’s a character but he needs to sort his napper out. I like characters – if the world was full of fucking Gary Nevilles, it would be bobbins. He looks like an estate agent.”

One for Monty - On Radiohead’s The King of Limbs: "I like to think that what we do, we do fucking well. Them writing a song about a fucking tree? Give me a fucking break! A thousand year old tree? Go fuck yourself!

On La Roux: "No way, mate. She's got man hands."

Another one for Monty - On Bloc Party: "They remind me of a band off University Challenge. Like they’re sitting on a panel."

• Upvote 1

I know someone who's been out a few times with Liam and said he's sound also. He's a cunt 'cos he er, walks funny. Alright then.

Some good quotes too :

On Wayne Rooney - "He looks like a fucking balloon with a fucking Weetabix crushed on top. He's better off as a skinhead, isn't he?"

On Footballers - “[Mario] Balotelli’s a character but he needs to sort his napper out. I like characters – if the world was full of fucking Gary Nevilles, it would be bobbins. He looks like an estate agent.”

One for Monty - On Radiohead’s The King of Limbs: "I like to think that what we do, we do fucking well. Them writing a song about a fucking tree? Give me a fucking break! A thousand year old tree? Go fuck yourself!

On La Roux: "No way, mate. She's got man hands."

Another one for Monty - On Bloc Party: "They remind me of a band off University Challenge. Like they’re sitting on a panel."

Ha if I hadn't repped you already I would for this post.

Monty will be all over this if he sees it.

Rush also wrote a song about a tree. and a fucking greeat song it was.

Used to love Oasis - and I do still like them, although not to the extent that I did in my teens - but I've grown to fucking despise Liam. Norrarsed about his swagger on stage or any of that bollocks, he is a complete and utter gobshite with a mediocre voice who, as Beady Eye's shitness has proved, would have gotten nowhere had it not been for the talent of his brother.

Love Noel, but hate Liam.

Love Noel, adored Oasis and they are still, even now three years after their split, the most played on my itunes, used to love Liam but I'm just a bit meh towards him now. I will never hate him though. I don't want to feel that way but I do. If Oasis ever did a reunion tour I may get the Liam love I once had back.

• 1 month later...

The Bloc Party quote sums him up really well for me. It was his attempt to make some noise about a good band and take the piss because he had a record out and nobody really cares anymore. The music has long ceased to be interesting so he keeps up the knobhead in the pub routine because it's "rock and roll". Being bright enough to go on University Challenge isn't rock and roll, neither is reading or making interesting music, apparently.

Massive bellend. He's a walking Nuts magazine.