You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Darren Burgess

WaltonRed

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has left the club after two years as head of fitness

wonder why?

Didn't someone post something on here about his role being downsized based on Rodgers bringing someone in?

We've messed with everything 'cept the goalkeeping coach!

It used to be you bring in a new manager and a few players and maybe an assistant or two would be on the way out.

Nowadays we seem to churn players, assistants, coaches, physios, game analysts, technical directors, . . .

I hope we are not changing too much, too soon.

Pep Segura resigned some time ago but still floating around, will be a massive loss as he was the brains behind the revamp of the academy.

When benitez first brought him on he made it clear it was only a medium-term role. He had to lay out all the coaching sessions for all age groups and then all the training for the coaches. He finished that, so TBH I'm not sure how big a deal it is.

What does worry me is that Rodgers took him to the USA with him, "to get the plans aligned" and then when they get back, Segura resigns!

Didn't someone post something on here about his role being downsized based on Rodgers bringing someone in?

We've messed with everything 'cept the goalkeeping coach!

It used to be you bring in a new manager and a few players and maybe an assistant or two would be on the way out.

Nowadays we seem to churn players, assistants, coaches, physios, game analysts, technical directors, . . .

I hope we are not changing too much, too soon.

And surely that should have been near the top of the list to change.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I wonder what happens when the board run out of scapegoats.

Agreed. Fuck the board for sacking Burgess. Those bastards.

Oh, wait, he wasn't sacked he went home to Aus. Ah well, the bastards probably would have.