You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alan Smith insists no-one rocked his ambulance

Guest davelfc

In the spirit of truth and justice that has enveloped Liverpool and Manchester United in recent days, Alan Smith insists no-one rocked his ambulance at Anfield as it tried to take him to hospital in 2006.

'Everyone at Liverpool did as much for me as any club possibly could,' said Smith. 'I was disappointed the story blew up about rocking an ambulance. That was never the case. Liverpool and Man United did everything to get me to the hospital and everything in their power to make sure I was OK.

'I thank them for that. Sometimes it's nice to say that because people have read that they were rocking my ambulance and throwing stuff at it, which is so untrue.'

Read more: Alan Smith interview - MK Dons veteran | Mail Online

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quite predictably my post on hotukdeals has been deleted, seems it's ok to spread vile lies about us but not ok for us to put forward the truth and point out the liars. Sound familiar?

It's a vile place infested by some of the worst scum on the internet.

Can we now rely upon the press to ditch this one from now on every time the fixture comes round and when they need something to use in order to portray Anfield as the gates of Hell for Fergie's boys?

The press gleefully ran with this for years as they have done with the shit lobbing story on the basis of a supposed 'witness report'. Same with the lad on the Kop who was cleared of racist abuse. And perhaps as they are doing now with the airplane gestures of sunday. Do we have any evidence of this or has it now become gospel since a 'witness' reported it ?

That's not to deny we have those who would do it in our support but despite the genuine best efforts of some decent United fans their blerts need no provocation to burst into their favourite ditties.

I was in Wetherspoons for my sins on sunday morning and they were quite happy to launch into these songs without any encouragement.

IT's a strange one this. There are quotes on the BBC from the time BBC

A response from the club:

The clubs' statement read: "These people aren't real fans of football. "The actions of a few idiots should not overshadow the efforts of all involved to make sure Alan received the best treatment as soon as possible."

And quotes from the Merseyside ambulance trust.

Crazy that something made up could get such a response.