You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

WTF is jonathan liew?

Guest San Don

This is the typical response to your work Mr Liew...

cereal_guy_squint.jpg

They then move on to Gossip column, or try the crossword for 3 minutes before realising that the purchase of the Telegraph did not actually make them any more intelligent.

You are so smalltime Mr Liew. Write a column about Norwich and see how many comments you get. Sycophantic prick, just like the rest, haters gotta hate, but they don't want to destroy us otherwise there'd be nothing to write about.

It's rather ironic that your story is based on a 'how important do they think they are' angle, but you then base a national newspaper article on us, and how unimportant we are. Fuck, if we're that unimportant then just leave us alone, eh?

bloody hell lads, stop looking to be so upset all of the time. It's an article. Thank fuck none of you are in the theatre. You'd never come out of your dressing rooms, darlings.

Yes, and the next thing you'll be telling us is that the mancs always get good press while we dont so WFT are the club \ we doing about it.

Whatever you think of the article, whatever anyone thinks about responding to criticism or being 'bothered' about what other people think, just remember the gobshites in the press who clearly do have an agenda against LFC and \ or the city.

WTF does a supposed journalist (I use the term loosely) write that? Anfield's dillusion of Granduer? WTF? The whole tone of the article is just pure unadulterated bile directed at the club for what reason? That we got admission of guilt from the sources who said it was our fault for the last 23 years?

Open your fucking eyes and get off your knees.

I'm not on my knees mate - but that's because I've probably got more confidence in myself and a bit more perspective. There will be people writing in newspapers who don't like LFC. There are also people writing in newspapers that are massive fans.

There are far too many people supporting us that are on the lookout for something to take offence at. Paranoia? Victim syndrome? Get a bit of perspective - if this sort of thing is so major that it's causing you pain, you need to sort your life out, because there's obviously not enough going on in it.

When we were at the top of the pile, we used to laugh negative press off as banter, because that's what it was. We had confidence. Now, too many of our supporters have no confidence about anything it would seem. Get off your knees and learn to shrug this stuff off. Skulking around with a chip on your shoulder is exactly the sort of response they want, because you're falling into the obvious trap of reinforcing the stereotype.

Stand tall, and shrug it off.

I was at uni at the same time as Mr Liew, he was at the time by far and away the best writer on the student newspaper and used to produce powder puff but amusing columns about various social inanities.

He's a Wimbledon fan but I do distinctly remember him putting in sly digs about our club even back then. I hope his speculum is alright cos snorting all that coke on George Street seems to have fucked with his ego.