You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich City Away Match Thread

FrenchEyeGlass

Reina lets in more shots as a percentage than many, if not most other keepers in the league, and you only have to look at some of them from this season to see that as a last line of defence he has become rather woeful. If he's not making inexplicable errors, he's being beaten at his near post. I don't know what's wrong with him, but if he doesn't buck up we should be looking for a new keeper as a high priority.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Sahin' date=' Allen, Gerrard, Sterling, Suso, Suarez the front 6 apperently.[/quote']

He plays who he wants,

He plays who he wants,

Brendan Rodgers,

He plays who he wants.

If true, that's a brave side. Exciting.

I'd not hesitate to put him on the bench if Doni was around

Based on what? Doni has played about 19 minutes for us, hasn't he?

I'd actually say there's a cunt hair of difference between Reina and Jones at the minute. Obviously based on form, and not ability.

What's the contract situations of Suso and Sterling? Have we got them tied down? (no idea how youth contracts work, are they on professional contracts?)

Suso's apparently ends next year, but we're in talks. Sterling is tied down long term.

Based on what? Doni has played about 19 minutes for us, hasn't he?

I'd actually say there's a cunt hair of difference between Reina and Jones at the minute. Obviously based on form, and not ability.

he played 4 league games last year although the Blackburn one doesn't really count, he played well from what I saw, particularly against Fulham, I rated him at Roma too, not a world beater but a decent keeper

never thought I'd say this but I actually do feel more comfortable with Jones in than Pepe at the moment

never thought I'd say this but I actually do feel more comfortable with Jones in than Pepe at the moment

Jones usually makes an error per game.

Reina has made a couple of errors, but he hasn't got that bad yet.

I think we need to back Reina.

Both are 30 years old.

Jones has played 6 times for Australia.

Reina has played 26 times for Spain.

Anyone genuinely in two minds about who to play clearly has shit going on. Reina is suffering a bout of nerves, or loss of form, or whatever it is. Its not ideal but he's still the best keeper at the club by a long, long way.

Both are 30 years old.

Anyone genuinely in two minds about who to play clearly has shit going on. Reina is suffering a bout of nerves, or loss of form, or whatever it is. Its not ideal but he's still the best keeper at the club by a long, long way.

I'd stick with Reina over Jones despite me saying I do feel more comfortable with Jones at the moment, just every shot the opposition has at the moment with Reina in nets I feel the need to shut my eyes, Im not sure it is just a loss of form now, its gone on an awful long time, its a bit Dudek esque actually, suddenly gone from a top keeper to a time bomb

on current form I wouldn't say he is better than Doni by a long long way although given Doni has disappeared I suppose its a bit irrelevent, love Pepe for all he has done for the club, think Doni is a decent enough keeper and Jones should never have been signed although I am glad he has seemingly turned around the perception of him as a joke figure given all he has been through and seems a decent lad as well, absolutely love the pics of him celebrating in the FA cup semi, all in all I think unless Pepe regains form we need a complete keeper rehaul next summer

Make that 3 times Jones has turned out for the Aussies. And that's Australia - who are shit, yet play about 375 international games a year. Reina has the captain of the world and European champions ahead of him yet has managed an impressive 26 games.

Spain can't be wrong, and neither can we. Maybe Pepe is having an affair or something, cuz his mind is clearly elsewhere, if he can regain his focus then he's as good as anyone. Obviously its a big if, but i have faith in him. The big, bald leg.

he played 4 league games last year although the Blackburn one doesn't really count, he played well from what I saw, particularly against Fulham, I rated him at Roma too, not a world beater but a decent keeper

I honestly can't even remember the Fulham game from last season, what score was it?

I will say that, despite the fact I don't rate him, he could probably hardly be any worse than Reina at the minute.

Both are 30 years old.

I'd say anyone who isn't in two minds over the Reina of the past two and a half years is wearing some serious blinkers. If he was an outfield player making the same level of mistakes he'd have been out the team ages ago.

Make that 3 times Jones has turned out for the Aussies. And that's Australia - who are shit, yet play about 375 international games a year. Reina has the captain of the world and European champions ahead of him yet has managed an impressive 26 games.

Spain can't be wrong, and neither can we. Maybe Pepe is having an affair or something, cuz his mind is clearly elsewhere, if he can regain his focus then he's as good as anyone. Obviously its a big if, but i have faith in him. The big, bald leg.

Has Reina ever played in a game of any real signifigance for Spain? He's basically been their designated cheerleader for the past few years.

And if his mind is elsewhere, then he should either go find it and bring it back, or just go and play for whomever he's sent his mind to.

Until a better player can replace him - he stays in the team as far as im concerned.

Jones is not better, and Doni must have ran off with a 15 year old maths teacher or something, so while we may have doubts about Reina - until someone better than him is lurking... he should keep the gloves.

His form has been alarming recently, but I think it's generally right to have faith in him. He's one of the best keepers we've ever had as his list of records will attest to. It's immensely problematic to find a quality keeper, as we found repeatedly before we got Reina, and our record with replacing proven quality is, how to phrase this delicately, an absolute disgrace for which one or two people should have been arrested.

Still a very young man, in goalkeeping terms, as well. It'll come back.

What does that even mean? I think "we " need to kick him up the arse.

It means he is going through a tough time and I don't think dropping him will do anything good for his confidence.

I think keepers need support and confidence more than any other position.

Reina at his best is a top class keeper, unlike Jones. That is what I mean by backing him.

Reina will be number 1 all season unless he gets even worse than he has been recently. It's hard to see where an upturn in form is going to come from for him though. At the moment he is one of the worst in the league, and (sadly) we will have to look to replace him in the summer if he doesn't get a lot better.

Until a better player can replace him - he stays in the team as far as im concerned.

Jones is not better, and Doni must have ran off with a 15 year old maths teacher or something, so while we may have doubts about Reina - until someone better than him is lurking... he should keep the gloves.

That I do not disagree with.

However if his 'slump' continues throughout the season, and serves to undermine us; I'd seriously consider shifting him.

Only problem is, who'd take him? Real? No. Barca? No. Chelsea? No. Mancs? No. Arsenal? No. City? No.

Maybe one of the Milan clubs, or possibly even PSG; his options would be limited - which is actually why I think he's still here.