You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich City Away Match Thread

FrenchEyeGlass

Good theory until you realize Johnson has been responsible for more goals than Enrique.

Yeah, because he's played in more games against better teams. Enrique is a liability and not even half the player of Johnson in attack or defence. I don't see how even you can dispute that tbh...

Yeah, because he's played in more games against better teams. Enrique is a liability and not even half the player of Johnson in attack or defence. I don't see how even you can dispute that tbh...

Maybe I'm not disputing what you are imagining I am disputing. Maybe I'm hinting towards a problem which extends beyond Johnson and Enrique. A problem which is resulting in us conceding 2 to 3 goals a game.

It took us until mid november last season to concede more goals than we have up to now.

Thing is with Johnson is that whilst he keeps making mistakes at the back - he has consistently been one of our best attacking threats since the start of the year and has probably deserved a goal and an assist already. Yesterday he was good going forward as well.

As they say, you cant be in two places at one time. I think he is being asked to. Our team is not at all set up to play with full backs with bomb on, and we're getting caught out again and again because of that.

So whilst he has made some mistakes, I cant agree that he has been getting raped. He has had literally no cover.

Henderson at RB. Johnson RM.

Gives us MUCH more threat going forward and makes use of a clear spare part in Rodgers plans.

Jesus this season is ALREADY a fucking nightmare.

3 points. Couldn't give a flying fuck how we get them or who plays.

Just 3 fucking points.

We have to start picking them up soon or we're capital F Fucked.

On the bright side, the more we fuck up between now and xmas, the greater the need to strengthen in Jan.

Question is who would/could we get?

Apart from Carroll back?

If you add a clear gypsy curse to the fact we are being run by muppets its no wonder we are where we are.

I got back in to work today and spoke to all the reds i know, and not one was surpirsed at what happened at the weekend.

Not one.

I would play Jones in goal on Saturday if he does well at The Hawthorns. I am totally sick of Reina, effective as a fucking hologram. a break could do him good. Maybe he is pissed off he never got that transfer he was after in 2010.

Agger could be fit I read on the echo website, but I suppose the bruising might need an extra week at least to heal.

Downing and Wisdom for full backs anyone? Carra and Coates cb.

Johnson right mid maybe, why the fuck not?

assuming Agger and Borini are out I'd go

----------------Pepe---------------

Johnson--Coates----Skrtel----Enrique

-----Stevie----Allen---Sahin---------

Sterling--------Suarez---------Assaidi

subs

Jones

Carra

Robbo

Henderson

Suso

Downing

Pacheco

would probably start Assaidi regardless of whether Borini is fit, think Borini will be a decent player but he needs playing properly upfront, a front 3 of Sterling, Suarez and Assaidi will have any defence dizzy as fuck!

Henderson at RB. Johnson RM.

Gives us MUCH more threat going forward and makes use of a clear spare part in Rodgers plans.

Jesus this season is ALREADY a fucking nightmare.

Please god no , plus why would we when we have good options at RB even with Kelly out.

One 7 out of 10 performance from Henderson at RB last season and people are still jizzing over it , unreal the jizz on here about that performance , it just shows how bad hes been and the lack of expectation of him when he has a standard half a game out of position.

Be tempted to keep Wisdom at RB against Norwich though Enrique will likely get the nod , hope he can sort his shit out.

Coates and Sahin have surely both played their way into saturday's team. Assaidi and Robinson had a very good games too, and i dont think it will be long before both are selected frequently in PL games. Is Enrique still having problems with that injury ?

With Borini a doubt i reckon Assaidi will get some minutes on saturday. Though i suspect the reason Suso didnt start yesterday is because he will start against Norwich. Hopefully he'll take his chance as well as Sterling has. He's really got ability to make it far Suso.

Reina

Johnson, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique/Robinson

Sahin, Gerrard, Allen

Suso, Suarez, Sterling

Sounds like Agger will be fit, if not I'd go for Coates.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Allen, Gerrard, Sterling and Suarez will all start if fit.

So the other three? I'd go for Robinson, Assaidi and Suso. Although wouldn't be upset to see Sahin or Henderson start.

Nice to have options, despite no Lucas, Kelly, Borini, Enrique and Shelvey.

If Enrique doesn't make it it'll be interesting to see who misses out between Wisdom and Robinson.

A big test for Brendan is to see if he can get Enrique to rein in his 'Julian Dicks' left back game ie attacking freely thinking he's a defacto winger/playmaker, arrogantly giving the ball away in dangerous situations, being caught out of position and not busting a gut to get back, not closely down the crosser properly because that's menial defensive stuff etc..

Dicks was the worst left back I've ever seen at Anfield, and about the only highlight of the 93-94 season was seeing Ronnie Moran go mad with him for 6 months..Dicks actually told Ronnie to 'fuck off' in front of a hussed Anfield on the morning of the Ipswich game in April 94...he never played a competitive game for us again!

I would doubt any one that played a full or most of the game against West Brom will start, perhaps centrebacks excluded. Particularly with the younger players, I think Rodgers is wary of them playing too many games and getting burnt out, since I think at least until January we are going to be relying fairly heavily on some of them.