You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What on earth got you to the Den?

We were 8 guys on a trip to London this weekend and some of them wanted to go to The Den on the Saturday, I'd rather just go on a pubcrawl, but since the majority wanted to go I followed.

It was a shithole though, the nearest pub was around a 15 minutes walk away and my experience in the stand was shocking to say the least.

There was a family sitting right behind us, a father, his son at around 8-9 and his two elder sisters, neither older than 15 I guess.

If I say that little boy was swearing calling the Brighton players and their fans all names under the sun for the full 90 minutes I would not be much wrong, I almost turned around asking the dad what kind of dad he was letting his boy behave like that but could not bother with the hassle it probably would have caused, after all i will never see them again, but it must be a bundle of joy in their neighbourhood.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were 8 guys on a trip to London this weekend and some of them wanted to go to The Den on the Saturday, I'd rather just go on a pubcrawl, but since the majority wanted to go I followed.

It was a shithole though, the nearest pub was around a 15 minutes walk away and my experience in the stand was shocking to say the least.

There was a family sitting right behind us, a father, his son at around 8-9 and his two elder sisters, neither older than 15 I guess.

If I say that little boy was swearing calling the Brighton players and their fans all names under the sun for the full 90 minutes I would not be much wrong, I almost turned around asking the dad what kind of dad he was letting his boy behave like that but could not bother with the hassle it probably would have caused, after all i will never see them again, but it must be a bundle of joy in their neighbourhood.

Their fans were probably the worst last year at the Amex. Angry homophobic filth in front of kids everywhere outside the stadium. Can't say I'm looking forward to boxing day.

Blimey, 3 posts and not a cross word between us. Well gay. Laters.

Thank you parry for getting Rafa..... Thank you moores for getting parry...... Thank you littlewoods pools for making me have to put a billion little crosses on a fucking picture for my nan and then see her disappointment when she won fuck all and I wasn't a little good luck charm I was fuckwit who drinks all the lemonade and eats all the biscuits.... Thank you to the people who bought the pools, thanks nan for buying suso.

Thank you parry for getting Rafa..... Thank you moores for getting parry...... Thank you littlewoods pools for making me have to put a billion little crosses on a fucking picture for my nan and then see her disappointment when she won fuck all and I wasn't a little good luck charm I was fuckwit who drinks all the lemonade and eats all the biscuits.... Thank you to the people who bought the pools, thanks nan for buying suso.

Thank you for that splendid anecdote, Bobby Hundreds.

• 2 weeks later...