You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Actually really gutted I only bought 1 now. Fuck sake.

How often does it go on sale, approximately?

Bought another at £20

Get it in the supermarkets now and again for a decent price. 

Just tucking into my Bushmills I got for my birthday, lovely stuff. 

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Couple more 

Love the Xmas period for good offerd

Bottle of rum in the middle is pretty good. Made a change from kraken. A golden spiced rum

IMG_20181210_095553_1.jpg

Glenmorangie is just down the road from me. Lovely people. Sell your soul to get an Ardbeg 17 yr old if you like peat. Same for Brora and Port Ellen.

17 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Glenmorangie is just down the road from me. Lovely people. Sell your soul to get an Ardbeg 17 yr old if you like peat. Same for Brora and Port Ellen.

Went to Tain last year for the tour. They let you have a whiff of the wort and it nearly knocked out this poor Japanese woman. Bought two bottles to bring back home, original and a Bacalta. The Bacalta didn't last long. 

Beautiful country would happily retire there. 

1 minute ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Went to Tain last year for the tour. They let you have a whiff of the wort and it nearly knocked out this poor Japanese woman. Bought two bottles to bring back home, original and a Bacalta. The Bacalta didn't last long. 

Beautiful country would happily retire there. 

Too close to civilisation for me. 100 miles northwest and you are in heaven.

1 minute ago, Anny Road said:

English people have this romantic idea of living in the highland and other nations too. Until they realise that they have no WiFi or dial a sushi.

Yeah not sure I could do it all year round. Be nice to have the option for a few months now and again though. 

It's the lack of net that would annoy me. Not for social media or news I could knock that shit on the head tomorrow, or even the ease of price of amazon etc. But the inability to keep up with the sports I like would piss me off

2 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

English people have this romantic idea of living in the highland and other nations too. Until they realise that they have no WiFi or dial a sushi.

Lived in fhe middle of the  Arctic tundra for 12 years or so. 

Want a flat of 24 beers? that'll be a fortnight and 100$. 

The Inuit called sushi 'Chinese circles'. 

(Anyone oriental  in appearance was Chinese. Filipino, Japanese, Viet Namese, etc).

3 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Giraffes are not indigenous to Scotland; they sell loads of giraffe branded stuff.

The stills were impressive. 

Big tourist draw the whisky industry. That and the golf- quite a few Americans were around. 

I played a round at Dornoch last year. A couple of mile from Tain, 5 Yanks 5 wives and 5 caddies in front. They soon got fucked off, they are probably still there.

At a pub in Inverness and these Americans just barge in half cut dressed like Phil Nickleson and want boilermakers.

Barman is wondering what the fuck is that so the American explains and he's partly bemused and partly horrified. 

Anyway they ordered four of them, downed them and left him about a 15£ tip. 

I then explained I was Canadian and you're likely not getting  a 15£ tip but I won't be storming into any pubs demanding boilermakers. He also wanted Jamiesons as the whisky component. 

24 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

Lived in fhe middle of the  Arctic tundra for 12 years or so. 

Want a flat of 24 beers? that'll be a fortnight and 100$. 

The Inuit called sushi 'Chinese circles'. 

(Anyone oriental  in appearance was Chinese. Filipino, Japanese, Viet Namese, etc).

That is hard core. Mental illness in a jar. Unless you are up for it. Trouble is you don’t know till you go for it.

You take a pint and have the barman pour a shot of whiskey into a shot glass and drop the shot of whiskey into the pint and then it fizzes and you chug it.

You can also just do the shot and then chug the pint without the dropping the whiskey in the pint.

If you're ever in the Glenablyn across from Inverness Castle there's a barman there who knows how to make one. 

3 minutes ago, Nunavut Patrick said:

You take a pint and have the barman pour a shot of whiskey into a shot glass and drop the shot of whiskey into the pint and then it fizzes and you chug it.

You can also just do the shot and then chug the pint without the dropping the whiskey in the pint.

If you're ever in the Glenablyn across from Inverness Castle there's a barman there who knows how to make one. 

Ha ha. I’ve always called that a depth charge. Funnily enough the pub I used to go to opposite the castle is called Sobar. When the missus used to ohone me I would say I was sobar

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

That is hard core. Mental illness in a jar. Unless you are up for it. Trouble is you don’t know till you go for it.

Quite a few southerners crack. The darkness usually gets to them, and lack of trees. A few that leave early mention the trees. You're just looking at a moonscape during winter. 

If you don't make friends or fit in its very hard on people, and the main southern professions are teachers, nurses and police and in general the nurses do not get along with the teachers. 

Watching someone crack mentally is quite an unsettling experience. One teacher was trying to leave and  the plane was cancelled and she couldn't find her key to the apartment so she began lashing all her clothes and belongings all over the airport waiting room (small room) before someone came and told her that she turned them in becaus she was leaving. 

Another was told it'd be $500 for his dog to be shioped out so he starting going balistic ansd said he was going to shot his dog outside right now (he had a firearm he was shipping back I might add). The Mounties were called and 'discussed his options'. 

Some were really sad, the gym teacher who took a colleague's husband for a skidoo ride and she lost control and the man died, she was ostricized. 

• Upvote 1