You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

What are you on about?  Are you talking bollocks again? 

The leader of one of our main political parties has seemed to take donations from a company involved in fracking.

Fracking not looking good now bro. The environment a big issue ( its in the news a bit; with the hot weather and the amazon fires etc)  and global  warming aint cool.

Swinton should imo be sent to Blackpool and be fired into space from the big dipper.

20 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I never had Gnasher down as a supporter of Thatcher closing the coal pits, but it's good to see people can still surprise you.

Are you suggesting that the cunt destroyed the mining industry because of her commitment to renewable energy?

Really?  Really now?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Are you suggesting that the cunt destroyed the mining industry because of her commitment to renewable energy?

Really?  Really now?

I don't know how you deduce that from my words!

I was merely observing that if Gnasher (or anyone else) is consistent in his opposition to mining fossil fuels, then he should be as opposed to coal mining as he is fracking. If not more so, since gas is cleaner than coal.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I don't know how you deduce that from my words!

I was merely observing that if Gnasher (or anyone else) is consistent in his opposition to mining fossil fuels, then he should be as opposed to coal mining as he is fracking. If not more so, since gas is cleaner than coal.

It's a massive stretch from acknowledging the need to manage the transition from environmentally damaging industries to more sustainable ones and supporting the sudden destruction of working class communities. 

In other words, it's perfectly possible to oppose both the expansion of fracking and Thatcher's economic vandalism. 

21 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's a massive stretch from acknowledging the need to manage the transition from environmentally damaging industries to more sustainable ones and supporting the sudden destruction of working class communities. 

In other words, it's perfectly possible to oppose both the expansion of fracking and Thatcher's economic vandalism. 

Ignore the way the pit closures were handled, because that's not relevant to my point. Either we should move away from fossil fuels, or we shouldn't. I don't see how anyone can credibly support coal mining while opposing fracking on environmental grounds.

Deary me, this is some tortuous logic to justify atttacks on Swinson for accepting money from a renewable energy firm with a couple of fracking licences.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Ignore the way the pit closures were handled, because that's not relevant to my point. Either we should move away from fossil fuels, or we shouldn't. I don't see how anyone can credibly support coal mining while opposing fracking on environmental grounds.

Deary me, this is some tortuous logic to justify atttacks on Swinson for accepting money from a renewable energy firm with a couple of fracking licences.

That's a bit like telling a bear not to worry about a monkey with a couple of knives.

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Imagine how much coverage it would get if it was Corbyn involved. 

Oh a certain person would be preaching all over the forum about it. Its ok when its Lib Dems though, it doesn't count. Its not morally repugnant.