You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

12 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I don't even know what I'm supposed to be being hypocritical about. 

Troll, that's a laugh. I won't suck Corbyn's cock, get over it.

He is right though to be fair. 

Still ignoring my other points about her then? Typical 

14 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I don't even know what I'm supposed to be being hypocritical about. 

Troll, that's a laugh. I won't suck Corbyn's cock, get over it.

Get over it? I've done nothing but criticise him on here. There's very little to get over. As for what you've been hypocritical about, you just need to read back. 

20 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Get over it? I've done nothing but criticise him on here. There's very little to get over. As for what you've been hypocritical about, you just need to read back. 

Yes, you claim to criticise him a lot, which usually amounts to criticism of his leadership skills and electoral chances. Very rarely anything substantive, like his actual record over many decades. Normally you're first in the queue to defend him on those occasions.

So far as I can gather, you think I'm a hypocrite because I pointed out that attacking the Lib Dems constantly for the coalition was a worn out tactic with rapidly diminishing returns, because twice in the last year I have mentioned in passing Corbyn's links with terror groups. I don't really understand the logic, but okay.

At the end of the day, the Corbyn thread is 90% supportive messages of him, and the Lib Dem thread is 90% attacks on them. I suggest you direct troll accusations elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

As if SD would spend time sifting through his past posts. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Still trying to get my head around the idea that the pro-renewable energy Lib Dems are hypocrites for accepting donations from the guy who developed the world's largest offshore wind farm. 

She claims to be anti-fracking. She accepted a huge donation off someone involved in fracking. Can you not see the hypocrisy? 

Well yes you can but you will deny its there. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She claims to be anti-fracking. She accepted a huge donation off someone involved in fracking. Can you not see the hypocrisy? 

Well yes you can but you will deny its there. 

I've looked up hypocrisy in the dictionary for you, and you can explain to me which of the three definitions she falls foul of.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/hypocrisy

1. The contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclinations, especially with respect to religious and moral beliefs; hence in general sense, dissimulation, pretence, sham.

2.The claim or pretense of having beliefs, standards, qualities, behaviours, virtues, motivations, etc. which one does not actually have. [from early 13th c.]

3. The practice of engaging in the same behaviour or activity for which one criticises another; moral self-contradiction whereby the behavior of one or more people belies their own claimed or implied possession of certain beliefs, standards or virtues.

So far as I can see, she's not concealing her real character (1), she's not pretending to be anti-fracking (2), and she's not personally engaged in fracking (3). So where's the hypocrisy?

27 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Presumably if she’s anti fracking, takes a donation from a company involved in fracking and then is still anti-fracking, that is just winning?

Well, it seems win-win to me. 

I did think of a hypothetical example as to why accusations of hypocrisy in situations like this are ridiculous.

Let's take a fictional politician - we'll call him Jeffey Corden. Mr Corden has been very vocal about his opposition to Britain selling arms to Saudi Arabia (and I agree with him).

However, at the same time, Mr Corden and his party have been trousering millions of pounds in donations from Unite the Union, led by Mr McCluskey, a close personal friend of Mr Corden.

Unite the Union represents workers at BAE Systems, an arms company that has sold millions of pounds worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia. In fact, Saudi is responsible for a full sixth of BAE's business, and BAE has 6,000 employees based in Saudi (some of whom, no doubt, are Unite members).

What this means is that Mr Corden is taking huge amounts of money from the very people who have been building the weapons which Saudi Arabia has been using to kill civilians in Yemen.

Is Mr Corden a hypocrite for accepting this money? I don't think so, but if I follow the logic proposed by others...

4 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Well, it seems win-win to me. 

I did think of a hypothetical example as to why accusations of hypocrisy in situations like this are ridiculous.

Let's take a fictional politician - we'll call him Jeffey Corden. Mr Corden has been very vocal about his opposition to Britain selling arms to Saudi Arabia (and I agree with him).

However, at the same time, Mr Corden and his party have been trousering millions of pounds in donations from Unite the Union, led by Mr McCluskey, a close personal friend of Mr Corden.

Unite the Union represents workers at BAE Systems, an arms company that has sold millions of pounds worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia. In fact, Saudi is responsible for a full sixth of BAE's business, and BAE has 6,000 employees based in Saudi (some of whom, no doubt, are Unite members).

What this means is that Mr Corden is taking huge amounts of money from the very people who have been building the weapons which Saudi Arabia has been using to kill civilians in Yemen.

Is Mr Corden a hypocrite for accepting this money? I don't think so, but if I follow the logic proposed by others...

Pretty crap example I think that really.  Trade Unions are fundamentally different organisations to commercial companies, and integrally related to the founding, funding and membership of the Labour Party.

As an example of how the military industrial complex infiltrates aspects of both the left as well as the right in politics then you would be better off.

I genuinely believe hypocrisy isn’t overrated. Sixtimes is a Lib Dem member and he dislikes Corbyn, so it’s unfair to expect him to attack Lib Dem’s leader the way he attacks Corbyn. I think it’s okay to be partisan. Everyone is one way or another whether they admit it or not. 

7 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I've looked up hypocrisy in the dictionary for you, and you can explain to me which of the three definitions she falls foul of.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/hypocrisy

1. The contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclinations, especially with respect to religious and moral beliefs; hence in general sense, dissimulation, pretence, sham.

2.The claim or pretense of having beliefs, standards, qualities, behaviours, virtues, motivations, etc. which one does not actually have. [from early 13th c.]

3. The practice of engaging in the same behaviour or activity for which one criticises another; moral self-contradiction whereby the behavior of one or more people belies their own claimed or implied possession of certain beliefs, standards or virtues.

So far as I can see, she's not concealing her real character (1), she's not pretending to be anti-fracking (2), and she's not personally engaged in fracking (3). So where's the hypocrisy?

1 and 2 quite clearly !!!!

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I genuinely believe hypocrisy isn’t overrated. Sixtimes is a Lib Dem member and he dislikes Corbyn, so it’s unfair to expect him to attack Lib Dem’s leader the way he attacks Corbyn. I think it’s okay to be partisan. Everyone is one way or another whether they admit it or not. 

Isn’t = is obvs

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Stop with this shite. If I thought she was being hypocritical, I would say so, no matter how partisan I am.