Quantcast
Lib Dems - Page 122 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Labour could stand aside from every single seat and the Libs still wouldn't win an election. That is the big difference. 

Thanks again. 

Erm, there are plenty of seats that the Lib Dems will win whether Labour stand aside or not.

In any case I'm sure the post-election narrative for when Labour lose big will be that it's all the fault of the Lib Dems.

From a remain perspective we need Lib Dems to take quite a lot of seats off the Tories. I think this is one of the reasons Swinson has being going after Corbyn more than Johnson. She needs to convince those tories that would never vote Labour that they aren't siding with him. 

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Is that a record for how many insufferable twats you can mention in one twitter exchange? 

Hold up. Let me try find a Twitter exchange involving James O’Brien and Maajid Nawaz.

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

This plays out like all the conversations I've ever had with a Lib Dem Supporter.

https://twitter.com/seanmorl/status/1195122807786655745?s=20

Ye. When they are wrong they just repeat repeat repeat then disappear. can never ever just say "Yeah ok I was wrong" or "yeah actually you are right in this instance" deluded weirdos. Pointless party. 

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That's the problem with stuff the state gives you - the state can take it away from whoever it wants.

Yep. Like scrapping EMA or cutting disability benefits. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That's the problem with stuff the state gives you - the state can take it away from whoever it wants.

What’s your view on the free internet proposal from Labour. I’m not really decided on it. 

16 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

What’s your view on the free internet proposal from Labour. I’m not really decided on it. 

What are the drawbacks?

36 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'm not bothered about the nationalising Openreach part, but I want a choice of internet provider, and I'm not super-enthused about state-controlled internet either.

21 minutes ago, moof said:

What are the drawbacks?

Taking 10 years to achieve it, potential for government control (freedom, interference, etc), costing a lot of money, harming business thus lowering tax income. Those are just the things that come to mind. Like I say, I've not really made my mind up. I like the idea of internet being available to everybody, free of charge. I guess I would need to see more of the policy behind it before I made a judgement. That said, one of my biggest reservations is whether or not it's actually necessary or a priority at this moment in time. 

To be honest, I just can't see Labour winning a majority, so I think it's probably something I'm not going to bother too much about until after the election. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Taking 10 years to achieve it, potential for government control (freedom, interference, etc), costing a lot of money, harming business thus lowering tax income. Those are just the things that come to mind. Like I say, I've not really made my mind up. I like the idea of internet being available to everybody, free of charge. I guess I would need to see more of the policy behind it before I made a judgement. That said, one of my biggest reservations is whether or not it's actually necessary or a priority at this moment in time. 

To be honest, I just can't see Labour winning a majority, so I think it's probably something I'm not going to bother too much about until after the election. 

How does it harm business... you know what mate, never mind. Fair enough - I see it completely differently. The benefits are pretty substantial, in my view far more substantial than any potential drawbacks