You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

It happened in the last 10 years so thats hardly beyond the realms of fantasy. 

Added to that your leader voted with the Tory Whip 849 times inside 5 years and also was an original pro-brexit lobbyist. 

Stop chatting shit and just be honest for once in your sad little existence. 

We're talking about this election, not ancient history, when circumstances were completely different. So, yes, it's utterly beyond the realms of fantasy, and anyone giving any credence to this idea should be thoroughly embarrassed of themselves.

Also laughing at you calling her a "pro-brexit lobbyist" then demanding honesty from me. Priceless.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

We're talking about this election, not ancient history, when circumstances were completely different. So, yes, it's utterly beyond the realms of fantasy, and anyone giving any credence to this idea should be thoroughly embarrassed of themselves.

Also laughing at you calling her a "pro-brexit lobbyist" then demanding honesty from me. Priceless.

You need medical help. Seriously you are brainwashed. And a bit weird. 

By pro-brexit lobbyist I clearly mean her calling for a referendum to leave the EU back in 2007. But you knew that anyway didn't you. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

You need medical help. Seriously you are brainwashed. And a bit weird. 

By pro-brexit lobbyist I clearly mean her calling for a referendum to leave the EU back in 2007. But you knew that anyway didn't you. 

If you can't recognise that the political situation in 2010 is entirely different from the political situation now, then I don't think it is me who requires medical help.

Calling for a referendum in 2007 does not make someone a pro-brexit lobbyist, any more than the Tories selecting a candidate late in the day means they've done a deal with the Lib Dems.

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If you can't recognise that the political situation in 2010 is entirely different from the political situation now, then I don't think it is me who requires medical help.

Calling for a referendum in 2007 does not make someone a pro-brexit lobbyist, any more than the Tories selecting a candidate late in the day means they've done a deal with the Lib Dems.

Of course the political landscape is different but to start talking about tin-foil hats when we are discussing that something which happened not 10 years ago could happen again is lunacy. 

Swindon has record for lying. Record for voting with tories. Record for wanting to leave the EU.

Tell me how it is beyond the realms of possibility that she would strike a deal with the Tories !!?? 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Of course the political landscape is different but to start talking about tin-foil hats when we are discussing that something which happened not 10 years ago could happen again is lunacy. 

Swindon has record for lying. Record for voting with tories. Record for wanting to leave the EU.

Tell me how it is beyond the realms of possibility that she would strike a deal with the Tories !!?? 

It's entirely untrue to say she has ever wanted to leave the EU.

It's beyond the realms of possibility because it's been ruled out, and because it makes no sense whatsoever for parties with entirely incompatible aims to come together like that.

You may as well talk about a Labour-Tory coalition being a likely outcome.

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It's entirely untrue to say she has ever wanted to leave the EU.

It's beyond the realms of possibility because it's been ruled out, and because it makes no sense whatsoever for parties with entirely incompatible aims to come together like that.

You may as well talk about a Labour-Tory coalition being a likely outcome.

She supported and stood on a manifesto for a referendum to leave the EU. Is that true yes or no? (I know you are entirely incapable of a straight answer but at least try) 

"It's beyond the realms of possibility because it's been ruled out" - 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/feb/14/liberal-democrats-coalition-hung-parliament

Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She supported and stood on a manifesto for a referendum to leave the EU. Is that true yes or no? (I know you are entirely incapable of a straight answer but at least try) 

All I've given you are straight answers! At one point, she supported giving people a referendum, but that's not the same thing as saying someone wants to leave the EU, which is a wicked lie.

The only deal the Lib Dems have done at this election is one with the Greens and Plaid Cymru. How funny that people would rather discuss deals that don't exist rather than the one which actually does, can't imagine why.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

All I've given you are straight answers! At one point, she supported giving people a referendum, but that's not the same thing as saying someone wants to leave the EU, which is a wicked lie.

The only deal the Lib Dems have done at this election is one with the Greens and Plaid Cymru. How funny that people would rather discuss deals that don't exist rather than the one which actually does, can't imagine why.

Unbelievable. Your lack of self-awareness is outstanding in its field. 

The Lib-Dems, Green and Plaid Cymru.... Bastions of the Political landscape right there. 

I'd say that supporting a referendum (which I do at this very moment, and as Labour have pledged to do) is not the same as wanting to leave the EU. However, I'd also not believe - based on their actions previously - that they wouldn't do a deal with the Tories, either now or after the election. They would try to sell it in the same way they tried to sell it last time, if it suited them. You'd hear how they're doing a selfless act to temper Boris' no-deal. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I can assure you, it is definitely beyond the realms of fantasy. Put the tinfoil hat away.

To read so much into the fact that the Tories haven't selected a candidate for this constituency yet, even though they have a full week to get nomination papers in, is just embarrassing.

And if the Tories don't field a candidate by the deadline will you admit you might be wrong, and that it is a bit fishy? 

You say that there's no chance of a Tory / Lib Dem coalition but can you clarify? Do you believe that given the option to join a Tory led coalition the Lib Dems will refuse? 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Moo said:

And if the Tories don't field a candidate by the deadline will you admit you might be wrong, and that it is a bit fishy? 

You say that there's no chance of a Tory / Lib Dem coalition but can you clarify? Do you believe that given the option to join a Tory led coalition the Lib Dems will refuse? 

When the Tories field a candidate, I will expect the conspiracy theorists to admit they are wrong.

I don't really know how many different ways I can say the same thing. There will be no Tory-Lib Dem coalition, under any circumstances, any scenario, that you can imagine.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Moo said:

giphy.gif giphy.gif ki87.gif giphy.gif

source.gif

source.gif

200.gif source.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif giphy.giftenor.gif?itemid=12071571

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

standing-ovation-gif-4.gif

standing-ovation-gif-4.gifgiphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

When the Tories field a candidate, I will expect the conspiracy theorists to admit they are wrong.

I don't really know how many different ways I can say the same thing. There will be no Tory-Lib Dem coalition, under any circumstances, any scenario, that you can imagine.

What about confidence and supply?

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Negged.  You avoided both questions. 

1 minute ago, Moo said:

Negged.  You avoided both questions. 

I answered both you dribbling imbecile.

I won't be wrong, so I won't need to admit that I am.

I said there won't be a coalition under any circumstances, which obviously covers the specific circumstance you asked about, doesn't it.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

I said there won't be a coalition under any circumstances, which obviously covers the specific circumstance you asked about, doesn't it.

What about confidence and supply?

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

No you worm, you left yourself enough wriggle room on both.  Typical of you. 

Just now, Moo said:

No you worm, you left yourself enough wriggle room on both.  Typical of you. 

Where's the wriggle room?

The Tories are fielding a candidate in East Dunbartonshire. Fact.

The Lib Dems would obviously refuse to be in a coalition if offered, because there will be NO COALITION UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING THAT ONE.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Let’s say that miraculously the LD’s win the most seats in another hung parliament and however many ‘Remain Alliance’ candidates win seats still isn’t enough to form a government, leaving a Lim Dem lead coalition with the Tories as the only way of gaining power. 

Do you seriously think Swinson would turn down that chance to be PM?

• Upvote 1