You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Director

Visiting professor 

Failure is never failure in politics is it?

Bit of an odd comment, she has a first class degree in Management from the London School of Economics. Are you suggesting she should sit around the house in her pyjamas all day just because she's no longer an MP?

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Director

Visiting professor 

Failure is never failure in politics is it?

I'd give her every high paid, high powered position in Britain as long as she stayed a hundred miles or more away from Westminster. I can be generous like that

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Bit of an odd comment, she has a first class degree in Management from the London School of Economics. Are you suggesting she should sit around the house in her pyjamas all day just because she's no longer an MP?

I think he’s saying her failure as an MP has landed her on her feet pretty well. Surely we aren’t suggesting an undergrad degree gives you the credentials to be a director or professor. So it was her time as an MP. No suggestion she should sit in her PJs, but rather failure isn’t really punishing as an MP so much as a gateway to a lucrative career afterwards.

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think he’s saying her failure as an MP has landed her on her feet pretty well. Surely we aren’t suggesting an undergrad degree gives you the credentials to be a director or professor. So it was her time as an MP. No suggestion she should sit in her PJs, but rather failure isn’t really punishing as an MP so much as a gateway to a lucrative career afterwards.

I think describing a career in academia as "lucrative" is pushing it a bit!

Nevertheless, I wasn't suggesting that her degree alone is sufficient credentials. Her role at Cranfield involves working "with the business school’s ‘Changing World of Work’ group, set up to examine the implications of the changing work context on managing people and organisations".

Given that she was the Business Minister between 2012 and 2015 and was instrumental in bringing in things like shared parental leave, extending flexible working and gender pay gap reporting, I doubt there are many other people as qualified for that specific role.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think describing a career in academia as "lucrative" is pushing it a bit!

Nevertheless, I wasn't suggesting that her degree alone is sufficient credentials. Her role at Cranfield involves working "with the business school’s ‘Changing World of Work’ group, set up to examine the implications of the changing work context on managing people and organisations".

Given that she was the Business Minister between 2012 and 2015 and was instrumental in bringing in things like shared parental leave, extending flexible working and gender pay gap reporting, I doubt there are many other people as qualified for that specific role.

Or her Directorship of P4NE. I was talking generically regarding lucrative careers afterwards. 

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Partridge Cloud | idea for a programme, "lady shapes with alan partridge".

"Talking Pints, a hard-hitting political show where the Lib Dems Vince Cable plays down the genocide of the Uyghur Muslims in China over a beer with Nigel Farage."

image.png

Matter of time before he cracks open the fags on air and goes on a campaign to reintroduce smoking in pubs.  

27 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Partridge Cloud | idea for a programme, "lady shapes with alan partridge".

"Talking Pints, a hard-hitting political show where the Lib Dems Vince Cable plays down the genocide of the Uyghur Muslims in China over a beer with Nigel Farage."

image.png

Vince has definitely got his slippers on under the table and is wondering how he ended up on tele after only popping out for a pint of milk. 

• Upvote 3