You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

My mood change 

tenor.gif

The Lib Dems helped the Tories to victory again. Now they should disband

to

It should now merge with Labour and become a moderate influence

Sometimes it’s almost like the Lib Dems feel they have a right to campaign and represent their voting base just the same as Labour do. Get a grip. They’re not some junior arm of the Labour Party and remain distinct from them in many ways, in some areas they’re more towards the right and in others more towards the left. Swinson was dead right on that score, whether people like her or not. Can guarantee none of the Labour Leave voters who swapped aisles in the Midlands and the North were considering whether it was the Lib Dems or the Tories they should go over to.

Each of the 3 main parties have their own demographic, and there’s a Venn diagram where they cross over in different areas. If there’s consensus around issues in the future then perhaps some sort of progressive, anti-nationalist Tory alliance can be built, even if on a vote-by-vote basis. But the idea the issue can be solved by the Lib Dems, the Greens or any other socially and/or economically left-leaning political party just wholly subsuming themselves into the Labour Party is fucking ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

I'm not aware of Flavible's data being used in any meaningful way in the latter part of the campaign, after they made their feelings abundantly clear on that score. Obviously in retrospect it turned out to be incorrect in a number of places, but I don't see a genuine desire to mislead. Parties always pick data that makes them look good, which is why eg Labour in Wimbledon were still harping back to the 2017 result even when it was apparent from constituency polling that they were well back in third.

32 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Chuka admitted on national tele that they intentionally tried to mislead people didn’t he? I’ve posted the clip here before like.

I think the Lib Dems might rue the day they let him join them. 

I hope that one day the Lib Dems get back to being the party of Charles Kennedy so I can like them again.  I'd probably never vote for them again but I want to be able to respect what they stand for. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm not aware of Flavible's data being used in any meaningful way in the latter part of the campaign, after they made their feelings abundantly clear on that score. Obviously in retrospect it turned out to be incorrect in a number of places, but I don't see a genuine desire to mislead. Parties always pick data that makes them look good, which is why eg Labour in Wimbledon were still harping back to the 2017 result even when it was apparent from constituency polling that they were well back in third.

Any comment on this? 

Sent out the week of the GE election by the way. 

7AF03ED3-3A6C-44CD-8F73-18BA2DE4B6D4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Any comment on this? 

Sent out the week of the GE election by the way. 

7AF03ED3-3A6C-44CD-8F73-18BA2DE4B6D4.jpeg

For clarity, the result:

Darren Jones (Labour): 27,330

Mark Weston (Conservative): 21,638

Chris Coleman (Liberal Democrat): 4,940

Heather Mack (Greens): 1,977

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well that's clearly bollocks, if they're putting it out in election week. I can't defend that.

Fair play for admitting that mate. 

Believe it or not I’d like a strong Lib Dem’s in Parliament, many of us have voted LD in the past and you had a universally popular leader in Kennedy. 

• Upvote 1

On 06/11/2019 at 14:31, Strontium Dog™ said:

Can you really mislead people into believing something that is true?

Just so you know, I'll be bumping these posts when Labour finish third in Putney.

Almost forgot about this. Almost!!

1st, Labour 22,780

2nd Conservatives’ 18,006

3rd Liberal Democrats 8,548

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/putney-general-election-results-2019-17407926

1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Almost forgot about this. Almost!!

1st, Labour 22,780

2nd Conservatives’ 18,006

3rd Liberal Democrats 8,548

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/putney-general-election-results-2019-17407926

Yep, it's fair to say these projections were badly wrong in Putney, which was the only seat Labour gained in the entire country.

• Downvote 1