You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

The Max Gapes post is mocking the sensibiles and why isn't everybody polling better and the way the commentators and politicians behave  - I think.  A variation on why isn't Mr Corbyn 20 points ahead, anybody else could do better. This isn't to say the revoke postion isn't wank and has damaged them but we all know they had a ceiling and had less chance of winning the General Election than Everton do of winning the league this year. 

Probably a good place to post this on how the pundits reacted to the creation of Change who are polling at less than 1%. Dunty and Peston and Merrick got quite excited. 

https://ducksoap.wordpress.com/2019/06/06/what-centrists-said-about-independent-group/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

27 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

The Max Gapes post is mocking the sensibiles and why isn't everybody polling better and the way the commentators and politicians behave  - I think.  A variation on why isn't Mr Corbyn 20 points ahead, anybody else could do better. This isn't to say the revoke postion isn't wank and has damaged them but we all know they had a ceiling and had less chance of winning the General Election than Everton do of winning the league this year. 

Probably a good place to post this on how the pundits reacted to the creation of Change who are polling at less than 1%. Dunty and Peston and Merrick got quite excited. 

https://ducksoap.wordpress.com/2019/06/06/what-centrists-said-about-independent-group/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

It is perfectly realistic to imagine that within a month or two, they could have 30 or so MPs.  Once they get past 35, they overtake the SNP as the third party and get a guaranteed place asking questions at PMQs”

Genuinely breathtaking.

22 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Labour going almost fully Remain with the referendum pledge hurt them.

Actually what has hurt us is the same thing that hurts us at every single election - an electoral system that seriously disadvantages third parties at the expense of the two establishment parties.

The actual Revoke policy is a popular one - 6.1 million people signed a petition to that effect earlier this year, which represents something like 18% of voters on its own.

34 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Actually what has hurt us is the same thing that hurts us at every single election - an electoral system that seriously disadvantages third parties at the expense of the two establishment parties.

The actual Revoke policy is a popular one - 6.1 million people signed a petition to that effect earlier this year, which represents something like 18% of voters on its own.

That may be true, but the system, zeitgeist and overall political trends have all been in place before the slump in popularity in the polls. Tories have been picking up votes from the Brexit Party, which now seems to exits solely for the purpose of attracting Labour Leavers who may be uncomfortable voting for the Conservatives, Labour has been getting back votes from the Remainers previously opting for Lib Dems.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

Labour going almost fully Remain with the referendum pledge hurt them.

It has hurt Labour can't disagree with that. The biggest group in the UK is the leave vote plus around 10-15% who voted remain and want the vote respected. Then you get to what is the right thing to do and what the Labour membership demand of their leadership and here we are. 

SD will know more how the Lib Dems positioning to go full revoke transpired. If it was influenced by a petition when No Deal was imminently more likely that is a different place to where we are now. 

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You know I’m a labour supporter who wants PR as do a lot of others. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Moo said:

I don't know if I've missed it on here, but is it true that the liberal Swinson had a nibble at lesbians the other day? 

She answered a question about domestic violence and gave a hypothetical scenario about a lesbian partner assaulting their other half. The more rabid voices in the feminist movement were banging on about DV being overwhelmingly by males, but there was nothing to it really. Storm in a teacup.

If you were hoping for another type of lesbian nibbling you’ll be sorely disappointed.

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

She answered a question about domestic violence and gave a hypothetical scenario about a lesbian partner assaulting their other half. The more rabid voices in the feminist movement were banging on about DV being overwhelmingly by males, but there was nothing to it really. Storm in a teacup.

If you were hoping for another type of lesbian nibbling you’ll be sorely disappointed.

I just liked the pun intended. 

I'd read that it was a question on allowing abused biological males into all female safe houses and she somehow compared it to allowing abused lesbians in, totally missing the point, and put that way it is a rather offensive, unnecessary comparison and a cack handed way of avoiding answering the actual question.  But I couldn't find much on it nor could I find a clip of it so was wondering if anyone else had seen it. 

So Jo Swinson has come out and said that she has been told to wear lower-cut tops because the Lib-Irrelevants are struggling. 

Firstly, I don't believe her because she is a proven liar. Secondly what a desperate attempt to try and make the voter remember who the fuck she is. She ruined her own chances by chatting absolute shite. 

Fuck the low cut tops Jo just put a bag over your head.