You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

I'd like to take this moment to praise Strontz. I don't like his politics or his bollocks but he manages (and has done for years) to come back when we all just want him to call the Lib Dems a loads of arse and he doesn't. He battles everything back. He ducks difficult stuff like MP's but he knows his shit. 

Ive only ever wanted to punch two people off this forum. I did one, you were the other. I'm sure at times I will still want too but fuck me you are the best centre-half on the GF. 

I doff my cap to you SD. 

You bastard. 

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

"The pro--European parties" basically being everybody to the left of the Tories. 

Do you never stop to think why the Tories and all the neoliberal fundamentalists and racists are so horny for Brexit? Does it not make you uncomfortable to find yourself on their side of this particular fence?

(PS - Nobody here has bullied you, you quim.)

That's a load of disingenuous bollocks and you know it. The labour party has a long history of opposing the EU. It was until the Blair takeover in its manifesto to pull out within one term; the Tories  under thatcher promised to stay in.

Most labour heartlands voted out, that's a fact, you may be uncomfortable with it but it's the truth.

The shift in policy to move towards remain in the past 6 months or so by remainers holding a gun to Corbyns had has and will be a fucking disaster.

Here's a different view to chew on from someone with a more rounded and grounded view 

https://www.spiked-online.com/2016/06/16/the-eu-has-done-nothing-for-workers-rights/

34 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Here's a different view to chew on from someone with a more rounded and grounded view 

https://www.spiked-online.com/2016/06/16/the-eu-has-done-nothing-for-workers-rights/

Spiked is largely funded by the Charles Koch Foundation.

The editor, Brendan O'Neill, also writes articles for the S*n. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/07/us-billionaires-hard-right-britain-spiked-magazine-charles-david-koch-foundation

23 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Spiked is largely funded by the Charles Koch Foundation.

The editor, Brendan O'Neill, also writes articles for the S*n. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/07/us-billionaires-hard-right-britain-spiked-magazine-charles-david-koch-foundation

My bad I won't use that link again. Have a different one

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/as-trade-unionist-this-is-why-britain-must-vote-to-leave/

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'm sure similar has been said umpteen times, but we all know there is a decent left wing case to be made to leave the EU. It's not perfect by any means, but it's far better to be in it and be able to shape its decisions than outside it and lose a huge chunk of our GDP and international influence. 

Many (if not most) of the things Brexiteers rail about were deliberate UK governmental policies, not necessarily the EU's. 

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 13:17, ZonkoVille77 said:

There is now no Tory/Unionist running in East Dunbartonshire for the first time ever. There is no way the Tories would drop out for no reason. Now, sane people know the reason is because Swinson has done a deal.

Pam Gosal is the Conservative candidate in East Dunbartonshire.

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Pam Gosal is the Conservative candidate in East Dunbartonshire.

I stand corrected on that point. But it might be because of the Farage deal? Timing is convenient to say the least. She isn't even from that part of the world and it looks like a bit of a fudge deal. 

Just the Lib Dems going into Coalition with the Filth is outstanding and then you've free reign to mock me as I agreed. 1 down, 1 to go. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Tories are going to give Swinson the fight of her life to keep her seat, by putting forward a heavyweight candidate against her. The former low level Milton Keynes Council employee and resident of the same place will really resonate with the East Dunbartonshire electorate... 

Wonder how many Tory cocks she chewed on for that the fucking corrupt piece of shit