You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Daniel draws inferences from people criticising Israel. I wouldn't dream of using such cheap tactics to defame somebody. But, equally, if they want to, I think people are free to draw inferences from Dan's regular negging of anybody who stands up for the LGBT community and to the hatred directed towards them by the anti-LGBT Lib Dems. 

Except you're not standing up for the LGBT community. You're hijacking the LGBT cause to launch attacks on political opponents by mischaracterisation.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/why-we-should-screen-immigrants-for-hiv-and-hepatitis-b-9102435.html

Meanwhile, these are the "brave" LGBT people (Sarah Brown and Zoe O'Connell) who have resigned from the Lib Dems.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lib-dem-trans-activists-hounded-abuse-victim-b6dx39tv3

Quite frankly, they should have been expelled ages ago.

1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Except you're not standing up for the LGBT community. You're hijacking the LGBT cause to launch attacks on political opponents by mischaracterisation.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/why-we-should-screen-immigrants-for-hiv-and-hepatitis-b-9102435.html

Meanwhile, these are the "brave" LGBT people (Sarah Brown and Zoe O'Connell) who have resigned from the Lib Dems.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lib-dem-trans-activists-hounded-abuse-victim-b6dx39tv3

SD are you suggesting you have never done the same when using other causes such-as Palestine etc  as a stick to beat Corbyn with? 

Just now, Sixtimes Dog said:

I've never made shit up if that's what you're asking.

That is not what he was asking. (Also, yes you have) 

“Hijacking the ... cause to launch attacks on political opponents by mischaracterisation”

noooo would never catch you doing anything like that... 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

You're hijacking the Cause to launch attacks on political opponents by mischaracterisation.

Much like the antisemitism saga

Just out of curiosity, have you ever criticised either of these party members on here before this post? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:
1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

You're hijacking the Cause to launch attacks on political opponents by mischaracterisation.

Much like the antisemitism saga

Just out of curiosity, have you ever criticised either of these party members on here before this post? 

No, I don't hijack causes, I have things I believe in. Which is why I haven't held back from criticising Lib Dems who have made antisemitic comments eg Ward and Tonge. Compare and contrast with Nelly, who doesn't give a shit about LGBT causes unless it's an opportunity to stuck the boot into an enemy. For instance, note his defence of regimes who execute people for being gay, just because of who those regimes are opposed to.

I don't recall being aware of the existence of those O'Connell or Brown to this point or them being mentioned on here. 

Once again this week we've seen the Lib Dems for what they are, political bottom feeders and opportunists who don't really care about the natinal good, only their own brief moment in a spotlight and their party's positon. 

They had the chance to hold the line and form a nonagression stance (if not a pact) with the other opposition parties, with the chance of either forming a government of national unity or helping to carve up a Tory majority at the upcoming election.

They could have stood shoulder to shoulder, putting differences aside in public.

But nay, she's come out to scrap article 50 altogether and she's said Corbyn shouldn't be PM. And for what? So they can gain probably another 10 or 15 MPs from the Tories in the South West and welcome Anna Soubry on-board yet knowing they'll never have the numbers to implement their own policies anyway, while jeopardizing the ability of any wider alliance that could actually smash down the Tories and no deal. 

"The non cunts of Britian wanted to get across the river and the Lib Dem said 'jump on my back and I'll carry you across'. 

But you'll sting me?

If I did, I'd drown too.

Half way across the river the Lib Dem stings them.

"Why did you do that? Now we'll both drown!?"

I can't help it said the Lib Dem, it's in my nature.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Yep. Tedious political oneupmanship abounds everywhere at the moment, as per, while the most unsuitable inhabitant of Downing Street in history, someone who makes May and Cameron look like absolutely towering political figures, sets fire to the country and plots to do untold harm in the pursuit of naked self-interest.

Just have a fucking day off and work together to rid a common enemy by not pointscoring and pissing all over each other for five fucking minutes.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

The issue is that with both major parties destroying themselves and losing voters the others realise they'll have a say in forming coalitions, something which might happen for the foreseeable. 

27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Once again this week we've seen the Lib Dems for what they are, political bottom feeders and opportunists who don't really care about the natinal good, only their own brief moment in a spotlight and their party's positon. 

They had the chance to hold the line and form a nonagression stance (if not a pact) with the other opposition parties, with the chance of either forming a government of national unity or helping to carve up a Tory majority at the upcoming election.

They could have stood shoulder to shoulder, putting differences aside in public.

But nay, she's come out to scrap article 50 altogether and she's said Corbyn shouldn't be PM. And for what? So they can gain probably another 10 or 15 MPs from the Tories in the South West and welcome Anna Soubry on-board yet knowing they'll never have the numbers to implement their own policies anyway, while jeopardizing the ability of any wider alliance that could actually smash down the Tories and no deal. 

"The non cunts of Britian wanted to get across the river and the Lib Dem said 'jump on my back and I'll carry you across'. 

But you'll sting me?

If I did, I'd drown too.

Swinson had a worse voting record than Michael fucking Gove during the coalition. 

Just let that sink in. 

At a local level they can actually be quite decent. At national level? Pointless, self absorbed fuckers. 

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

But you'll sting me?

If I did, I'd drown too.

I've read some shit in my time on this forum - I've written some of it - but this is down there with the worst of it.

Jo Swinson's name hadn't even been chiselled into the name plate on the leader's office before she was being attacked en masse by the legion of Corbyn outriders. You want to talk about "nonaggression" when people should be working together, start there.

• Upvote 1