You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

By suspending Parliament to force through a No Deal, Boris Johnson and the Government would remove the voice of the people. It is a dangerous and unacceptable course of action which the @LibDems will strongly oppose. https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1166624168680538114 

13 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

What happened in 2015 is surely irrelevant to my point about what would have happened in 2010, when Alastair Darling promised to cut deeper than Margaret Thatcher.

I'm fully aware that the lunatics have taken over the asylum since then.

The people who oppose austerity are lunatics? 

So your objection to criticism of Swinson's record isn’t really "Labour would have done the same" - that's a smokescreen - it's that you believe voting to kick fuck out of poor people is the right thing to do. Correct?

16 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Literally answered in the post previous to yours:

What happened in 2015 is surely irrelevant to my point about what would have happened in 2010, when Alastair Darling promised to cut deeper than Margaret Thatcher.

I'm fully aware that the lunatics have taken over the asylum since then.

Why are you talking about the past? Pretty sure a few weeks ago we had an exchange where you said that bringing up the past doesn't count? And here you are dismissing something 4 years ago but banging the drum for something (that didn't even happen!) 9 years ago!!!!

You are a man with a fork in a world of soup. 

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The people who oppose austerity are lunatics? 

So your objection to criticism of Swinson's record isn’t really "Labour would have done the same" - that's a smokescreen - it's that you believe voting to kick fuck out of poor people is the right thing to do. Correct?

People who live in economic fantasy land are lunatics. The money we spent on servicing the debt interest alone would have been enough to build a new school every hour.

My objection to criticism of Swinson is absolutely that Labour were committed to doing the same.

I reject your characterisation of balancing the budget as "kicking fuck out of poor people".

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I was once told on here by SD that I didn't understand what Liberalism was , and to be fair if twats ( politically ) like him are representative of Liberalism, I was gravely mistaken.

Liberalism is about enhancing people's freedom. I'm pleased that the Lib Dems helped to free people from the burden of servicing government debt.

• Downvote 5

5 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Liberalism is about enhancing people's freedom. I'm pleased that the Lib Dems helped to free people from the burden of servicing government debt.

Do you actually believe that nonsense? Of course you do. They assisted in fucking people over to service government debt. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Do you actually believe that nonsense? Of course you do. They assisted in fucking people over to service government debt. 

Fucking people over by taking millions of them out of tax altogether. A new one on me.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

Out to fucking lunch you are ya cunt!  your leader didn't even want to raise the minimum wage, wasn't the bitch the minister for the state of employment relations when the coalition introduced employment tribunal fees? fuck her! like you shes a cunt.

There's always one mouthy gobshite who can't discuss things in a civil manner, isn't there.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Fucking people over by taking millions of them out of tax altogether. A new one on me.

Oh come off it. Are you honestly suggesting that austerity helped the general people? If so then you truly are hideous. 

Just now, Sixtimes Dog said:

Mass negging is an attempt to silence people you disagree with, moof is a coward who won't discuss things like an adult.

SD come on, you neg all the time, often without discussing why. Ironic considering you are the only one who cries about it. (like an adult....?! But I digress....) 

You can't call people a bully like that when you are guilty of the same thing. Unless you are willing to call yourself a bully? 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

SD come on, you neg all the time, often without discussing why. Ironic considering you are the only one who cries about it. (like an adult....?! But I digress....) 

You can't call people a bully like that when you are guilty of the same thing. Unless you are willing to call yourself a bully? 

I never negged anyone just for disagreeing with me!

What is bullying is when you get numerous people ganging up on one person. Usually it's me on my own, facing down several people at once, often on the receiving end of abuse. In this instance for the "crime" of believing that future generations shouldn't be saddled with the debts accrued by this one.

If people think I'm wrong, why can't they present an argument instead of calling me a cunt?

It's not on.

3 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I never negged anyone just for disagreeing with me!

What is bullying is when you get numerous people ganging up on one person. Usually it's me on my own, facing down several people at once, often on the receiving end of abuse. In this instance for the "crime" of believing that future generations shouldn't be saddled with the debts accrued by this one.

If people think I'm wrong, why can't they present an argument instead of calling me a cunt?

It's not on.

One person called you a cunt. That person and 1 other negged you. Hardly a mass attack SD. You tale about being an adult, why don't you act like one and not react like a girl to a neg off a stranger on a forum. No wonder you get them when you react the way you do. Its like knock'n'run as a kid. If someone continuously doesn't open the door and chase you then you leave them alone. If they do then they are the targets. Maybe reign in being a little bitch.... Just some friendly advice. 

Yes you do neg when people disagree so don't try and lie about that one. 

Ive responded regarding you suggesting that austerity was a good thing.... You haven't replied. Do you think it was the right thing to do? Not sure i've seen you defend it that much before. Is it because your Lib-Dem leader is a liar and a hypocrite? 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Ive responded regarding you suggesting that austerity was a good thing.... You haven't replied. Do you think it was the right thing to do? Not sure i've seen you defend it that much before. Is it because your Lib-Dem leader is a liar and a hypocrite? 

I think trying to reduce the deficit was the right thing to do because I don't think servicing spiralling debts is a good use of our money. Labour, Tories and Lib Dems were all in agreement in 2010 about that. Obviously I wasn't on board with absolutely everything the coalition did to achieve it. Tory priorities and Lib Dem priorities don't often align, but when you have a coalition, sometimes they have to get their own way.