You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Where did I directly tell you what you would be saying? Lets cut the lies for once here 

You said I would be preaching about it.

Which is odd, because I don't recall preaching about the fact that Labour council pension funds have more than a billion pounds invested in fossil fuel firms, many of which are involved in fracking. Nor do I recall preaching about Jeremy Corbyn wanting to reopen disused coal mines.

If I haven't been preaching about things that actually exist, then I don't know how anyone can confidently assert that I would be preaching about something that doesn't.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If anyone wants evidence of how much of a morally disgusting woman the new Lib Dem leader is then please click on this link

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/11971/jo_swinson/east_dunbartonshire/votes

I’ve seen worse voting records, to be fair. Although it’s clear that, much like Stronts, she doesn’t like scroungers that are one step removed from rats in the sewer. 

9 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

You said I would be preaching about it.

Which is odd, because I don't recall preaching about the fact that Labour council pension funds have more than a billion pounds invested in fossil fuel firms, many of which are involved in fracking. Nor do I recall preaching about Jeremy Corbyn wanting to reopen disused coal mines.

If I haven't been preaching about things that actually exist, then I don't know how anyone can confidently assert that I would be preaching about something that doesn't.

I said 'a certain person'. Guilty conscience ? 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve seen worse voting records, to be fair. Although it’s clear that, much like Stronts, she doesn’t like scroungers that are one step removed from rats in the sewer. 

She’s certainly no fan of welfare, I have to be honest I don’t like her I think she’s a nasty piece of work.

4 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Ignore the way the pit closures were handled, because that's not relevant to my point. Either we should move away from fossil fuels, or we shouldn't. I don't see how anyone can credibly support coal mining while opposing fracking on environmental grounds.

Deary me, this is some tortuous logic to justify atttacks on Swinson for accepting money from a renewable energy firm with a couple of fracking licences.

If the way the pit closures were handled isn't relevant, why did you mention Thatcher?  Do you believe the British mining industry was killed off in an attempt to move towards renewable energy?

I don't think I've seen anybody "supporting coal mining" while criticising fracking, but you just crack on; don't let the fact that nobody's done something deter you from criticising people for doing it.

Face it, you tried to make a snarky attack on Gnasher in an attempt to deflect attention from the fact that your party leader has dropped a bollock, and it failed.

As for Swinson, do you think her cosiness with the fracking industry is a positive thing or not?

1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

By this point, about the only thing she hasn't been criticised for on this forum is shitting her pants until she was two years old.

Criticising her for her looks is out of order.

As far as I can see, everything else she's being criticised for is the stuff she does for her job; that is exactly what she should be judged on.

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Everything she has been criticised for has been on her political output over the past 10 years or so as far as I can see , so don't see the relevance of the childhood comment.

She's mainly been criticised for her role in the coalition government. For helping to impose 'austerity' that all the major parties were signed up to. That one of those three parties has since decided to pretend it wouldn't have done 95% of what the other two did must go down as the most cynically disingenuous move in recent British politics, and the chief reason why it hasn't had a sniff of power in a decade.

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If the way the pit closures were handled isn't relevant, why did you mention Thatcher?  Do you believe the British mining industry was killed off in an attempt to move towards renewable energy?

I don't think I've seen anybody "supporting coal mining" while criticising fracking, but you just crack on; don't let the fact that nobody's done something deter you from criticising people for doing it.

Face it, you tried to make a snarky attack on Gnasher in an attempt to deflect attention from the fact that your party leader has dropped a bollock, and it failed.

As for Swinson, do you think her cosiness with the fracking industry is a positive thing or not?

Thatcher closed the pits (actually she closed fewer than Wilson, but I digress). It seemed appropriate to mention it. Of course it was a snarky dig, because I don't believe Gnasher is as committed an opponent of fossil fuels as he pretends to be. You don't think jobs will be lost if fracking goes the same way as coal mining? Do those jobs not count?

This cosiness with the fracking industry is a myth. The donor's main business is renewable electricity. It's a pathetic line of attack. And I've previously said I'm open to the safe extraction of our own gas while we transition to all-renewable energy rather than relying on countries like Russia to supply it. 

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

She's mainly been criticised for her role in the coalition government. For helping to impose 'austerity' that all the major parties were signed up to. That one of those three parties has since decided to pretend it wouldn't have done 95% of what the other two did must go down as the most cynically disingenuous move in recent British politics, and the chief reason why it hasn't had a sniff of power in a decade.

As we have discussed many times, this is nonsense. Especially the new addition about the reason they’ve not been voted in. First, even if Labour would have done 95% of things the Coalition did, it doesn’t mean you can’t criticise her for supporting those things. Just because you can point the finger and say ‘yeah but Labour’, doesn’t make it a valid excuse, no matter how many times you use it. Second, if Labour had done them - and there’s nothing but your assumptions to say that they would have - people would have criticised them, too. Finally, if you think that’s the main reason the useless fuckers haven’t got into power, you’ve gone mad. 

10 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I don't know if you remember, but there was a Labour leadership election in 2015. The people who opposed austerity at the time won the leadership, by attracting hundreds of thousands of opponents of austerity to the party.

I'm not sure how you missed it. It was on the news and everything. 

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I don't know if you remember, but there was a Labour leadership election in 2015. The people who opposed austerity at the time won the leadership, by attracting hundreds of thousands of opponents of austerity to the party.

It wasn’t missed it just doesn’t suit remember 

agenda agenda agenda 

12 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

The brain worms are at it again 

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Are you anti fracking SD? 

Literally answered in the post previous to yours:

12 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I'm open to the safe extraction of our own gas while we transition to all-renewable energy rather than relying on countries like Russia to supply it. 

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What happened in 2015 is surely irrelevant to my point about what would have happened in 2010, when Alastair Darling promised to cut deeper than Margaret Thatcher.

I'm fully aware that the lunatics have taken over the asylum since then.

• Downvote 1