You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

19 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Imagine thinking that people are Tories just because they think the achievements of a Conservative woman should be recognised.

There's a statue to Tony Benn in Bristol, in recognition of him serving as the city's MP for 30 year. I'm totally fine with that too. Guess I must be a Bennite as well.

You’re from just outside of Liverpool and grew up in a time where those “achievements” were to decimate the very city and area you lived and grew up in.

20 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

You’re from just outside of Liverpool and grew up in a time where those “achievements” were to decimate the very city and area you lived and grew up in.

I'm talking about the achievement of being the first woman Prime Minister.

Also, I am from Liverpool. L7, born and raised. An odd post all round.

1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I'm talking about the achievement of being the first woman Prime Minister.

Also, I am from Liverpool. L7, born and raised. An odd post all round.

Are you just trolling to get a rise out of people? Fuck the fact she was the first female Prime Minister. How is that an achievement ? What she went on to do was absolutely abhorrent. But you know that don't you SD. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Are you just trolling to get a rise out of people? Fuck the fact she was the first female Prime Minister. How is that an achievement ? What she went on to do was absolutely abhorrent. But you know that don't you SD. 

Are you honestly asking whether being the first female Prime Minister is an achievement? Because I find it difficult to believe you're that ignorant of the obstacles women have faced, and continue to face, throughout history.

I didn't like a lot of what she did, but I don't see how that enters into it.

4 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Are you honestly asking whether being the first female Prime Minister is an achievement? Because I find it difficult to believe you're that ignorant of the obstacles women have faced, and continue to face, throughout history.

I didn't like a lot of what she did, but I don't see how that enters into it.

Are you that ignorant that you are on this forum calling for her to have a statue erected? 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Are you that ignorant that you are on this forum calling for her to have a statue erected? 

I'm not remotely ignorant. I already knew you didn't like her, and that you think this dislike supersedes her achievement in being the first woman Prime Minister.

4 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I'm not remotely ignorant. I already knew you didn't like her, and that you think this dislike supersedes her achievement in being the first woman Prime Minister.

You are but if you calling for a thatcher statue to be erected just confirms that you are a troll. 

Hitler was a cunt but he did a lot to save the German economy. Should they ignore his other faults and erect a statue in honour of his leadership during the German depression between the wars? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

You are but if you calling for a thatcher statue to be erected just confirms that you are a troll. 

If you're going to call people trolls for having a different opinion to you, it renders the term meaningless.

Just accept that not everyone agrees that we should only commemorate individuals that you personally approve of.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

If you're going to call people trolls for having a different opinion to you, it renders the term meaningless.

Just accept that not everyone agrees that we should only commemorate individuals that you personally approve of.

We are talking about Thatcher here. Jesus christ. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

So I'm guessing she will be closing up with Boris at the first opportunity. Then we will get told they didn't do it for there own gain but to save the country again

IMG_20190723_180554.jpg

Old news, happened ages ago. No longer relevant now. 

3 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I don't want to live in a country where only one point of view is tolerated. That's literally the opposite of liberalism (for anyone who needs help understanding the term).

Go for it. Fuck off over to the the 'occupied' territories and hook up with an illegal squatter settlement. Make the rules up as you go along, join up, shoot 3,000 people in 2-team sniper units from a safe distance away. Make 300 of them fatalities. Identify the the paramedics and journalists from their high vis jackets and giggle about shooting both them and the legs from under protesting children with your sniper pals, knowing that there will be no meaningful investigation and in the event there was nothing would become of it. It could be explained as you do by accidental discharges and crazy ricochets fired by misbehaving individuals.

Your liberal and humanistic views will slot right in there and come 'Gay Pride' Anniversary celebrations night you'll be safe in the knowledge that you won't be any danger thrown off being thrown off a roof by a gang of uncultured arabs in a shining example of a democracy surrounded by bigoted and intolerant barbarians.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I don't want to live in a country where only one point of view is tolerated. That's literally the opposite of liberalism (for anyone who needs help understanding the term).

Go for it. Fuck off over to the the 'occupied' territories and hook up with an illegal squatter settlement. Make the rules up as you go along, produce a magic rule book, enlist, shoot 3,000 people in 2-team sniper units from a safe distance. Why not make 300 of them fatalities? Identify the the paramedics and journalists from their high vis jackets and giggle about shooting both them and the legs from under protesting children with your sniper pals, knowing that there will be no meaningful investigation and in the event there was nothing would become of it. It could be explained as you do by accidental discharges and crazy ricochets fired by misbehaving individuals.

Your liberal and humanistic views will slot right in there and come 'Gay Pride' Anniversary celebrations night you'll be safe in the knowledge that you won't be any danger thrown off being thrown off a roof by a gang of uncultured arabs in a shining example of a democracy surrounded by bigoted and intolerant barbarians.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sixtimes Dog said:

I don't know what the question is. All I know is that this is the Lib Dem thread, and yet again you are boring the world about Israel.

You've been banging on about Thatcher though? In the Lib Dem thread?