You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

55 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Heidi Allen of the CHUK's is talking about a possible merger with the Libs. 

It makes sense, given that they both have a shared pro-austerity agenda and think it's okay to talk about funny tinges and people with dark faces. 

It's like a Tory B team. 

It'd have been quicker and cheaper for them just to join the Dumbs, daft twats!

On 24/05/2019 at 21:52, magicrat said:

I can’t criticise anyone voting Lib Dem that feels passionate about stopping Brexit in European elections under a PR system.

It's almost as daft as voting for the Brexit Party in elections to a body that has no powers over what happens with Brexit. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Heidi Allen of the CHUK's is talking about a possible merger with the Libs. 

It makes sense, given that they both have a shared pro-austerity agenda and think it's okay to talk about funny tinges and people with dark faces. 

It's like a Tory B team. 

Vote Lib Dem, get Tories. Not much change there.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's almost as daft as voting for the Brexit Party in elections to a body that has no powers over what happens with Brexit. 

It's effectively a straw poll of Remain vs Leave and as such is important on that level.  It's a great pity Labour didn't back a second referendum . It's where this will eventually end anyway.

4 hours ago, magicrat said:

It's effectively a straw poll of Remain vs Leave and as such is important on that level.  It's a great pity Labour didn't back a second referendum . It's where this will eventually end anyway.

The polling is 36% turnout , while the Referendum was 72% and it is a free swing in an election that doesn't really matter with all of the 'winners' likely to be unemployed by Xmas , so I am not sure whether you can assume too much relevance.

11 hours ago, sir roger said:

The polling is 36% turnout , while the Referendum was 72% and it is a free swing in an election that doesn't really matter with all of the 'winners' likely to be unemployed by Xmas , so I am not sure whether you can assume too much relevance.

Largely agree.  Farage got an extra couple of MEPs is where it ended up despite the bog eyed bellend jumping up and down proclaiming the second coming. Stripping out Labour and Tory votes Remain parties polled around 40 % compared to Leave on 35 %.  If Labour swung behind a new referendum then I'm confident Remain would prevail.

Best way to kill off the Tories imo.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, it's the poverty of the argument that irritates me more than anything, as if it's somehow shocking that someone might have used Labour Party talking points when they were in the Labour Party.

Like criticising your girlfriend for shagging other guys before she met you, or moaning that your new signing scored go*ls against your side before you bought him.