You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

• 1 month later...

This headline made me chuckle. RIP Facebook. 

Facebook Turns to U.K. Politician to Help Repair Its Image

LONDON— Facebook Inc. FB +0.05% has hired one of Britain’s best-known politicians as its top policy and communications executive, giving a Silicon Valley outsider the task of mending the social network’s image as it deals with increased political scrutiny in the U.S. and abroad

https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebook-turns-to-u-k-politician-to-help-repair-its-image-1539954410

Umunna getting 450 quid an hour to head up a 'centrist think tank'

Clegg doing this bullshit 

David Miliband heading some major charity, Tristram Hunt heading the British museum, Balir taking krgerands from every despicable cunt under the sun.

Corbyn at home making jam and taking pictures of manhole covers. I think we know why he never fitted in.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Umunna getting 450 quid an hour to head up a 'centrist think tank'

Clegg doing this bullshit 

David Miliband heading some major charity, Tristram Hunt heading the British museum, Balir taking krgerands from every despicable cunt under the sun.

Corbyn at home making jam and taking pictures of manhole covers. I think we know why he never fitted in.

It's because he wants to destroy freedom.

Or something.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

Newspaper that has spent eight years trying to force a man out of the country gets a cob on when they succeed.

They tried to force him out of the country? And in what way are they responsible for getting him forced out of the country? Thanks for clearing this up.

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

They tried to force him out of the country? And in what way are they responsible for getting him forced out of the country? Thanks for clearing this up.

I figure the abuse they've doled out to him on a regular basis for a very long time indicates they would prefer if he wasn't around. Fair play to him for sticking around this long, I would have been on my way to better things three years ago.

Just now, Strontium Dog said:

I figure the abuse they've doled out to him on a regular basis for a very long time indicates they would prefer if he wasn't around. Fair play to him for sticking around this long, I would have been on my way to better things three years ago.

This is where you could own your shit, Stronts. You could say 'okay, they didn't actually force him out, they have just criticised him'. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

This is where you could own your shit, Stronts. You could say 'okay, they didn't actually force him out, they have just criticised him'. 

Well I wasn't really being literal in the first place. But if it makes you happy, I'm happy to clarify that.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Well I wasn't really being literal in the first place. But if it makes you happy, I'm happy to clarify that.

It does make me happy to know that you don't think he was forced out of the country, that the Guardian tried to force him out of the country, and the entirety of your post can be dismissed. Don't get me wrong, I understand you are Mr Lib Dem, and Stronts gon' Stront when LDs get a dig, but you glossed over the entire actual story with a statement that attempts to deflect. It'd be a much more productive thing to do, in my view, to actually talk about the way our politicians, from all major parties, and their advisors, friends, and family, are given cushy numbers. It's all a bit grubby, I think. It makes you wonder what fingers are where and what promises are made. There have been a number of dodgy donations to major parties that are troubling to me. The private healthcare stuff with the LDs was one I particularly disliked. It surely goes on all over the place, though. Still, having a pop at the Guardian for highlighting it doesn't really do much. 

17 minutes ago, moof said:

Never forget

C83956CA-CC06-4949-B666-0C0B78230912.jpeg

Yeah, and in their 2010 manifesto promising a referendum if anything significant changes. I mean, hmn... it's all fun and games promising these things when you think you won't get into power, but then you manage to hang on to a few tory top hats and you suddenly have to back it up.