You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd fan in peace

Gary24

Hi all, im a man utd season ticket holder and I'm 31, I've been brought up to hate Liverpool and will be at anfield on Sunday. It's not disgusting hate of Liverpool, just a big fan of the fierce riivalry like thousands of other man utd and Liverpool fans. I for one am over the moon that you as a club and city were cleared of the despicable claims by the scum newspaper. I feel for all the 96 families, at the end of the day it's a game. I'm hoping to GOD that no idiotic fans act like scum on Sunday and I don't thin they will. I hope it's a great game and great tribute to the families and the 96 looking down on us. Justice has been served for the whole world to see. The "hand shake" and all that hyped crap means NOTHING on Sunday.

RIP TO THE 96, your club and fans will never let you walk alone.

Gary

31?? You've deffo knocked a few years off there, but you're a surprisingly knowledgable and fair pundit, Gary. Hat's off.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read any 'evil incarnate' in that post!

Being 'nice' to one another is tricky term.

I think it's absolutely right to enjoy the tension and atmosphere between rivals and to shout from the rooftops in celebration if things go well, or want to crawl under rock if things go badly...

But fans can still respect one another. I can't imagine many shaking the hand of their rivals (although there's no reason why they can't).

I'm not sure why (some) people can't seem to imagine passion and respect coexisting quite well.

Sorry but they have had 20 odd years to decide that singing songs about dead women and kids is not on. Only now that they will see their arse are some of them coming out with this shit. They can fuck off.

How about you just sing about your own side like most other teams.

The ones who used to chant that stuff and now don't can ONLY be doing so in order to save face and not be seen as a moron. Anyone with compassion would never have chanted it in the first place (in my opinion).

Whatever the motive, it's great if people stop the abuse, but I wish it was for truly compassionate reasons (which it's not).

Maybe I'm a hypocrite - I can recall making jokes about the Bradford City fire - but still, I'd never have dreamt of poking fun directly, or chanting something.

A sensible sentiment, but one that bears no relation to reality.

What kind of immense passion leads them to sing about bonfires, slums, eating rats, Heysel, Hillsborough etc, on a weekly basis regardless of who they are even playing?

We have some massive bellends in our support, too, that sing about Munich, but I don't buy this media accepted narrative that we're both as bad as each other. We're not, and the bile that spews from their mouths was encapsulated perfectly with their "victims" chant after the Hillsborough verdict.

Can you really see any Liverpool fans ruining the day? I certainly can't. Instead, the mancs will be all sweetness and silence, earning worldwide acclaim for their ability to not act like cunts 100% of the time.

Their songs will be back the following game though, regardless of who they are playing.

Spot on.

What kind of immense passion leads them to sing about bonfires, slums, eating rats, Heysel, Hillsborough etc, on a weekly basis regardless of who they are even playing?

Worse thing is that won't admit what there singing is about like there trying to wriggle out of it the fucking pricks

We have some massive bellends in our support, too, that sing about Munich, but I don't buy this media accepted narrative that we're both as bad as each other. We're not, and the bile that spews from their mouths was encapsulated perfectly with their "victims" chant after the Hillsborough verdict.

Can you really see any Liverpool fans ruining the day? I certainly can't. Instead, the mancs will be all sweetness and silence, earning worldwide acclaim for their ability to not act like cunts 100% of the time.

Their songs will be back the following game though, regardless of who they are playing.

Right on the money.

It's one thing singing horrible songs about your biggest rivals when you're actually playing them, and that can be expected, if not excused.

But to sing them every week, irrespective of who the opposition is, is surely demonstrative of something altogether more sinister and pathological.

I won't even begin to justify Munich chants (though I've never heard them sung at the ground myself) but the narrative being spun that this is six of one and half a dozen of the other is so far from reality that it does Liverpool fans an injustice.

Sorry but they have had 20 odd years to decide that singing songs about dead women and kids is not on. Only now that they will see their arse are some of them coming out with this shit. They can fuck off.

How about you just sing about your own side like most other teams.

It took a lot of reds 31 years to realise singing about Munich was not on.

We all have dickheads following us. Its time to get back to hating them for football reasons.Sing about football rivalry and nothing else.

And yes they should be singing songs about their own team not us,never understood that about them

It took a lot of reds 31 years to realise singing about Munich was not on.

We all have dickheads following us. Its time to get back to hating them for football reasons.Sing about football rivalry and nothing else.

And yes they should be singing songs about their own team not us,never understood that about them

We've never sang about Munich when away at Palace, Villa, West Brom away etc. Or when picking up the Euro cup.

We may have sung that shite when at Manu which is bad enough I accept

They are horrible cunts and tell them to stick any gesture up their arse.

Right on the money.

It's one thing singing horrible songs about your biggest rivals when you're actually playing them, and that can be expected, if not excused.

But to sing them every week, irrespective of who the opposition is, is surely demonstrative of something altogether more sinister and pathological.

I won't even begin to justify Munich chants (though I've never heard them sung at the ground myself) but the narrative being spun that this is six of one and half a dozen of the other is so far from reality that it does Liverpool fans an injustice.

cracking point

Spot on that.

Manc words carry very little weight with me, and in my experience any veneer of sincerity is usually exactly that, the hatred is never far below the surface.

The mancs are class traitors. They sing with disdain about council houses yet stand amidst some of the most deprived and rundown estates in western Europe, they watched people who live 30 miles down the road and who share much of the same heritage, ancestry and values, be systematically abused by a government who cared nothing for either city and what did they do? They laughed about it.

Maybe that's why they support united in the first place though many of them, indeed that's always been my suspicion, like chelsea fans, like a bald man with a small dick they draw their sense of self worth from the team they support's superiority over its rivals - they don't enjoy the winning for winning's sake - as we do - they use it for one-upmanship, even when they win trophies they sing about us.

But that's what you'd expect from a club that drew most of its following not through its football like Liverpool did, but at first through pity - and then through PR.

United isn't a football club, it is - and always has been - just showbiz - and the great football clubs of the world know it, that's why if we go to an Ajax match we get beers bought for us while they get their heads kicked in, but for them mancs that just doesn't compute, surely winning loads of things should earn you some respect? No - it's not that simple, and like a man wafting his cash but with no friends, they just don't get it.

A despicable football club and following, I feel no bonds with it at all and can't forsee, ever, a set of circumstances that I would, much like Chelsea - but worse. The prototype for chelsea.

All clubs have got their idiots and always will and no club can take the high ground when it comes to vile chants,ourselves included.

I'm ashamed to admit that I sang Munich songs back in the 80's and I was in the majority too.

Almost every club sang racist chants until relatively recently and some still do.

I'm glad that there are still a majority of sensible fans on all sides but it only takes a few morons to tar a whole fanbase.

Spot on that.

Manc words carry very little weight with me' date=' and in my experience any veneer of sincerity is usually exactly that, the hatred is never far below the surface.

The mancs are class traitors. They sing with disdain about council houses yet stand amidst some of the most deprived and rundown estates in western Europe, they watched people who live 30 miles down the road and who share much of the same heritage, ancestry and values, be systematically abused by a government who cared nothing for either city and what did they do? They laughed about it.

Maybe that's why they support united in the first place though many of them, indeed that's always been my suspicion, like chelsea fans, like a bald man with a small dick they draw their sense of self worth from the team they support's superiority over its rivals - they don't enjoy the winning for winning's sake - as we do - they use it for one-upmanship, even when they win trophies they sing about us.

But that's what you'd expect from a club that drew most of its following not through its football like Liverpool did, but at first through pity - and then through PR.

United isn't a football club, it is - and always has been - just showbiz - and the great football clubs of the world know it, that's why if we go to an Ajax match we get beers bought for us while they get their heads kicked in, but for them mancs that just doesn't compute, surely winning loads of things should earn you some respect? No - it's not that simple, and like a man wafting his cash but with no friends, they just don't get it.

A despicable football club and following, I feel no bonds with it at all and can't forsee, ever, a set of circumstances that I would, much like Chelsea - but worse. The prototype for chelsea.[/quote']

Supporters will follow whatever route makes them successful and once United became successful the fans just blindly followed their corporate message.

But I think the modern utd fan is a different animal to the old one and I reckon a lot of the older generation are appalled at the way their club has gone and many refuse to attend because of it. But like any football supporter are still going to support their team even if they don't attend games.

I too hate united but I refuse to agree with your sweeping generalisation about their fans as I think they just sing the slum songs purely because they know it winds up the liverpool fans and are fully aware of the irony from those of them who live in places like Salford or Longsight.

I do agree that they have an obsession with us but I reckon we're the same with them to an extent because we are the two most successful teams in the country.

As for Chelsea,I simply cannot even begin to even consider them as serious rivals as they simply don't register on my radar as anything other than the poster club for modern money and corporate driven football.

We've never sang about Munich when away at Palace, Villa, West Brom away etc. Or when picking up the Euro cup.

We may have sung that shite when at Manu which is bad enough I accept

They are horrible cunts and tell them to stick any gesture up their arse.

Who's " they " mate ? Every single Utd fan on the planet ? I have Utd supporting friends who are horrified at the sick chants that go on from their fans, and when the report came out were massively supportive.

It sickens me that some of their support, and it is large, can sing their bile and it's audible on tv. Yet nothing is reported about it. Until now maybe.

I welcome the OP. Seems heartfelt. Apart from the word hate. Nobody should hate anyone because of a game.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/96-Reasons-to-Support-Manchester-United/182899108512824

Just had this sent to me today. I am not sure if you can open from here as you may need to be signed in first.

Sick fucker even has a collage of photographs of Hillsborough 96. Thankfully no-one has 'liked' this page above the headline - '96 reasons to support Manchester United.'

Of course it is no not all of them, but as someone said above, it is pathological with Man U fans

I have been supporting Liverpool since the early 1970's and I am shocked at the "holier than thou" attitude that has developed. During those years I witnessed dreadful behaviour including being beaten by our own supporters at a match for having a scarf that one of the gang fancied.

In case you weren't there, the Munich song was widely sung during the 1980's regardless of who we were playing. We carry our own proportion of low life support as do Utd, City, Arsenal and every other club.

It should not be too difficult to simply go along and support your own team. Rivaly is fine but the hate feeds on itself.

Thanks for the gesture mate but to be honest I can't stand some of the lovefest with mancs that's been going around recently (both here and on RAWK). Seen a lot of posts on Liverpool forums about how great Redcafe has been recently at supporting the Justice campaign, but even months ago any thread on Hillsborough there was filled with digs about whining scousers who can't get over it, always the victims, etc. And their Liverpool thread is still as active as ever with digs at Rafa and outrage that some of us are skeptical at statements from Ferguson and MUST. The worst culprit is this Hong Kong fellow called Sky1981, he's spent years posting about how we're crying over nothing and should just get over it, and now that the truth is out he's resorted to concocting conspiracy theories about how Thatcher used Hillsborough to save England from the clutches of evil scouse hooligans:

RedCafe.net - View Single Post - e-petition to release the govt Hillsborough files

He even uses the standard tactic of scum elements among Man Utd and Everton supporters of flipping the word "justice":

personally, I do not agree with everyone vilifying the now deceased police inspector, imagine his family's anguish and agony, which probably will never get the justice that those 96 got.

The remainder of his posts in that thread consist of impassioned defenses of the SYP. Sorry for this somewhat incoherent rant but I just have to get this off my chest, some people are just utter scum.

Edited by Mick Brown Nose

The original poster seems genuine enough, just as some of my United supporting mates who have been for the JFT96 campaign from its early days but sadly while one person on their own or even a few people can be rational when it comes to something like this the fact is, as someone has already pointed out, they will be at it again next week regardless of the fixture.

I have been supporting Liverpool since the early 1970's and I am shocked at the "holier than thou" attitude that has developed. During those years I witnessed dreadful behaviour including being beaten by our own supporters at a match for having a scarf that one of the gang fancied.

In case you weren't there, the Munich song was widely sung during the 1980's regardless of who we were playing. We carry our own proportion of low life support as do Utd, City, Arsenal and every other club.

It should not be too difficult to simply go along and support your own team. Rivaly is fine but the hate feeds on itself.

Great post.

Lovely bunch.

"we take it all back" - RedCafe.net

we take it all baaa-aa-ack

we're sorry we offended you

and that Evra is black

Let's get it going

Good grief this would be appalling to hear. Just stick with, "always the victims its never your fault"

Its incredibly accurate.

I don't think it is inflammatory at all.

It is actually apologising for any past offence on Hillsborough, but reminding them they are still a bunch of Scouse cunts over the whole Suarez affair.

I think it is a great chant and hits the perfect spot of keeping the banter going while avoiding crossing the line.

Coming from a part of the world that has almost no genetic diversity, is it any suprise that Mancunians are of a uniform mindset, restricted original thought and resistant to cultures other than their own?

Some of them may attempt rational interaction with superior social groups but it is never long before they withdraw from such efforts, having exhausted their mental capacities. Ethics and morality are concepts that Mancunians can barely pronounce much less uphold, as their brief sortie into half-decency today demonstrated.

I loathe Mancunians. I despise their ignorance, am disgusted by their lack of hygiene, appalled by their notion that they have any vestige of sophistication and thoroughly depressed by the sad fact that they use our oxygen.

On a day such as today it might seem wrong to exercise or give vent to prejudices that we all hoped we could leave behind us; certainly after commemorating a group of people who suffered because others thought of them as belonging to a worthless social group - football supprters. But I cannot help myself, nor do I wish to, as I find Mancunians a foul and odious conglomeration of cretinous disorder.

Sorry, but that's how I feel tonight.