You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I was complaining about the lack of depth in the squad well before yesterday. Also, if he is resting our better players for Sunday, what other options does Rodgers really have other than to play the kids? They are the squad.

Yeah, but that's what a load of people were calling out for for ages. Have squad places taken up by kids. Now ideally we'd have an extra couple of top class attackers, you'll get no argument from me there, but we could actually line up with 7 full internationals, plus an experienced player in Enrique and three promising kids. How much more squad do you need?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going to be turning out a virtual yoof team tomorrow. Thanks very much, Mr Henry, very well done. Not!

I've no doubt the boys picked to play will do their best but what ever way you cut it, we are short of quality attacking options up front.

Think we'll do well with a draw.

"you dont win things with kids" remember hansen saying this years ago???? ate his word????

I was complaining about the lack of depth in the squad well before yesterday. Also, if he is resting our better players for Sunday, what other options does Rodgers really have other than to play the kids? They are the squad.

That's not really true. Leaving out who we've left behind, you could play a team of:

Jones

Flanagan/Wisdom

Carra

Coates

Enrique

Sahin

Henderson

Shelvey

Assiadi

Borini

Downing

And some promising kids like Suso and Yesil on the bench. I've no problem with that. I think that side could get a result.

That's not really true. Leaving out who we've left behind, you could play a team of:

Jones

Flanagan/Wisdom

Carra

Coates

Enrique

Sahin

Henderson

Shelvey

Assiadi

Borini

Downing

And some promising kids like Suso and Yesil on the bench. I've no problem with that. I think that side could get a result.

This team with Yesil starting instead of Borini and play until 60 minutes. And I´d like also see Pacheco cameo appearance. And also Danny Wilson is with the squad....

I'm not sold on Yesil.

Of course he's young, but I'm not as full as optimism about him as others are. I would say Ngoo is already a far superior candidate, IMHO.

The thing with all the strikers, aside from Borini, is that none of them seem to be able to crack a ball. Fowler was ace at it, just twatting a ball on target with next to no backlift. Gives keepers no chance. I've seen bits of it in Borini, but the rest of them all do lack that extra bit of power in their shots, and I'd include Suarez in that.

Carroll can crack it, but you can probably count on one hand the number of times he got himself in a position to receive, control and get a shot off with his left foot. Literally, in 18 months of football, probably 5-10 times.

I'm not sold on Yesil.

Of course he's young, but I'm not as full as optimism about him as others are. I would say Ngoo is already a far superior candidate, IMHO.

The thing with all the strikers, aside from Borini, is that none of them seem to be able to crack a ball. Fowler was ace at it, just twatting a ball on target with next to no backlift. Gives keepers no chance. I've seen bits of it in Borini, but the rest of them all do lack that extra bit of power in their shots, and I'd include Suarez in that.

Carroll can crack it, but you can probably count on one hand the number of times he got himself in a position to receive, control and get a shot off with his left foot. Literally, in 18 months of football, probably 5-10 times.

I am also not sold on Yesil, I just wanna see him to play because this will be probably the weakest opponent we play during next 9 months.....If he will be shite against YBB, then we probably can not count on him as an imapct substitute....

It's very hard to make a judgement on young players when loads of them play at the same time, and they aren't playing with the first team really.

We're doing what we did in the past, which is play the kids in a mediocre squad. As opposed to playing 1 or 2 kids in a very strong squad.

This can't be helped though as we're shite.