You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manc's. Anfield Sunday 23rd 1:30pm

The Chef

Halsey should be arrested for wasting police time. It's not their job to be moral guardians and tell people what they can and cannot say on things like Twitter. Halsey was NOT threatened, so why should the police be involved? He's such a drama queen and should expect some abuse as a ref, especially as he deliberately set out to screw us over, the massive fucking cunt.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Glen Johnson.

He was the only player that spoke out for Suarez against that other cunt, and now standing up to the ref after that shambles on Sunday. Fair play.

Also, how are the FA not going to press charges for the chanting? They say "a minority of fans", but that's because there were around 40,000 home fans and the rest were Mancs. It was the majority of manc fans were chanting, but they were an overall minority.

Load of absolute cock.

Steven Gerrard claims Luis Suarez is being victimised by referees - who think he's a diver.

Gerrard believes Suarez was denied a spot-kick by Mark Halsey when challenged by Manchester United's Jonny Evans in Sunday's 2-1 loss because of his reputation for going down easily.

The Reds skipper insists this is wrong, and wants officials to judge Suarez on the action in front of them, rather than his reputation.

"I think even when Luis gets blatant penalties now, he's never going to get them," he said. "It's down to referees to not judge him. They have got to make their decisions based on what they see.

From my seat on the Kop I thought that Evans had won the ball and that Scholes had cleaned out Sterling - looks like the complete opposite happened but it takes multiple viewings to come to a confident conclusion.

Main thing that gets me though is why wasn't a free kick given against Lindegaard for handling the back pass? Seems pretty clear now but was probably lost amongst the penalty appeals at the time.

From my seat on the Kop I thought that Evans had won the ball and that Scholes had cleaned out Sterling - looks like the complete opposite happened but it takes multiple viewings to come to a confident conclusion.

Main thing that gets me though is why wasn't a free kick given against Lindegaard for handling the back pass? Seems pretty clear now but was probably lost amongst the penalty appeals at the time.

I'll tell you what, I think there's something in that. We all know Scholes cannae tackle, the wee ginger scamp, but to lunge in 2 footed in the box was a bit reckless. He only actually plays the ball with the inside of his leg looks to me. He definitely prevented sterling at least getting a shot off with his left foot.

Edited by gumps

The suarez penalty incident is no surprise, you had apparent fans of this club on here in the sunderland match calling him a cunt and saying he has to cut out this diving shit when the rest of us could see what the replays showed, that he had been caught. (unbelievable that he got a yellow) It's no wonder then that someone that doesn't support the club is not giving him a penalty. Johnson is right, people should be judging the individual incidents not the person involved. I can't remember the last time I saw Suarez dive, have I ever?

Its not always the dive its the way he goes down, if he just went down or stumbled down he'd get more but he often does that ronaldo esque thing were you make it more prominent and then it looks like a dive when in fact you've been caught

So true. If he would just collapse to his knees or something like that he would more likely get the decision.

I think the human element in referees ultimately affects their decision.

Once they believe one player is a 'nice guy' (Lampard) and another is a 'bad guy' (Suarez), even though they try to be fair, it's in the back of their minds and changes decisions.

He's no angel, but I've seen worse from Ashley Young (repeatedly) and Micah Richards (does it a lot, badly, never gets a thing for it).

Balotelli's worse (not diving, but overly dramatic). Will only get 30% of the decisions his way that others would get... but he's brought it on himself ultimately.

I think a solid season of no antics and the reputation can be overturned.

Its not always the dive its the way he goes down, if he just went down or stumbled down he'd get more but he often does that ronaldo esque thing were you make it more prominent and then it looks like a dive when in fact you've been caught

Still worked/works for Ronaldo though.

You're technically right, it doesn't matter as to whether it is or isn't a penalty.

However, it makes a huge difference to whether it's perceived to be a penalty or not, and since the referee is basing his decision on his perception, it does in fact matter. The fact is that no referee wants to find out later on that he was conned by a dive, so if the player is overacting (especially one with Suarez' reputation) the ref is less likely to give it.

Been in Barcelona the past few days so been off this place and behind with the news, but I'm still sick over this.

Absolutely disgusting performance from Halsey. Just feels as though we can't catch a break at the moment.

Proud of the performance though. Think Rodgers will crack it, given time.

to be fair if I was a ref I think I would go on reputation of a player for any decision that might be slightly contraversial, for example I'd never give Ronaldo or Drogba anything unless I was more than certain however with Luis (and he does dive too much for my liking) I don't believe it is based on a reputation for diving as it has happened so much more since the whole Evra debacle although to be fair although Luis doesn't get anywhere near as much as he should quite a few of them are ones that could go either way, what annoys me more is decisions to give Scum that penalty on sunday, there is no way anyone genuinely thought that was a foul

Jesus Wept. Valencia now reported to have left training yesterday with his right foot in a protective boot.

The injury is thought to have been sustained in the penalty incident!

I actually thought you were joking, but I actually read that! What a fucking crock of absolute propaganda bullshit.

So, let's get this right; Valencia got injured in the game in that horror tackle that led to the pen, where all manner of vicious breezes affected his balance. He finished the game early doors, had all day Sunday, noticed nothing. Presumably had all day off Monday, noticed nothing. He's a professional athlete. Went to training yesterday, and lo and behold, he's crocked and in a protective boot.

So a slur player gets accused of diving, suddenly three days later he was 'injured' in the incident. Scary thing is, most will be lapping it up.