You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manc's. Anfield Sunday 23rd 1:30pm

The Chef

Diabolical officiating. I'm disappointed that I didn't see how ridiculous the Shelvey decision was at first glance.

We played well, although the fact remains that we don't have a goalscorer anywhere near as lethal as modern day Emile Heskey (who we probably should have looked to sign given our plight) let alone Fowler, Rush, Torres or Owen.

As for Rodgers, it's a crucial period coming up. Look at our next five fixtures and the trip to Goodison is the only one in which we have to be considered genuine underdogs. Win the other four, and we're looking good to avoid being dragged into a relegation dogfight, and perhaps even gain some traction for the remainder of the season.

If, on the other hand, we end up with only one or two wins, it will look increasingly clear that we're unlikely to be playing top flight football next year with him at the helm, and probably time for Henry & Werner to wave a blank cheque & the promise of autonomy in Rafa's face.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbed? As if, how many fucking chances did we have? And I blame some players. Borini is one of the shittest strikers I have ever seen.

Really? Was van Persie's uncontrolled lunge very different to Shelvey's? What about Evans' two feet off the floor?

There was more contact on Suarez and Shelvey than there was on Valencia, yet the penalty decision was only going one way.

I thought we played pretty well today, but when decision after decision goes against you, its always going to be difficult.

Not saying we've played well in the other games, but today we were definitely robbed. How many shots did Reina have to save?

Sky can get fucked too. Neville and Redknapp, a pair of mentalists supporting the refs outrageous decisions. I truly hope the Qatari's or whoever wants the rights to the Premiership blow Murdoch and these Sky wankers out of the water when it comes to ownership of TV rights.

Shut the fuck up you spineless cunt. Suso, Sterling and Shelvey are three of the top young creative attackers in the league.

Correct. Our youngsters are a cause for great hope.

We will be ok, our failure to buy a decent number 9 is costing us.

But really on a day like that, with that cunt of a ref in charge, we had

NO FUCKING CHANCE. Repeat. NO FUCKING CHANCE.

As evidenced by all of the goals and chances they have created in the league. Still, can't really blame Suso for not lkiving up to your embarrassing billing, given he's only played 45 minutes in the league.

You frothing, delirious spastic

As evidenced by watching them and knowing something about the game.

Didn't go today cuz you were tuckered after scoring a hat trick in the Sunday league you play in? Or do you play?

I feel sick' date=' seriously. I sincerely hope the ref gets mangled in a car crash on his way home the cheating, corrupt wanker. Fucking hell, I can't quite believe this but then shouldn't be surprised considering the team we're up against and the hold they have over referees.[/quote']

It is a game we're talking about here you blert. Having said that, if a jury were told that Halsey had been paid by man it'd for that refereeing performance, no one would be in the least bit surprised.

Okay, we wasn't robbed. We were shocking and deserved to lose and the ref had a blinder.

I rseerve the adjective "robbed" for when we have loads of chances and deserve to score more goals. We create hardly any chances, which is why we haven't won a game yet.

And we won;t get many draws either, because we can't defend. All emotion aside, this kind of result is going to be very typical under Rodgers, until he buys better players who haven't just played for Swansea in the past.

Curbishley and Townsend both saying the red for Shelvey was correct, I'm fucking gobsmacked by that.

When Townsend was asked about Evans going in two footed he said that "yeah, but in certain tackles you have to protect yourself". Unbelievable.

I reckon if Halsey had been in a different position and seen the tackle from behind Evans then he might have got sent off instead, it's a clear 50/50, but Evans rolls around and mancs surround the ref and we're fucked.

I think we deserved a draw today. We did very well with ten men. It's rare Man U fail to take advantage of playing against ten men for more than one half. They did today, only for the ref to bail them out. Disgusting decision for the penalty, absolutely disgusting.

Who was the ref the last time the mancs won at Anfield in 2007? You've guessed it.

The ref was fucking bad today and looked a bit lost at times particularly when he played that ridiculous advantage at the end..We were obviously the better team but we need to convert the stats into goals

Did he even think it was a foul? Couldn't even figure out if he thought it was or not from his reaction. Was pretty much past the point of caring by that point he'd been so bad.

As evidenced by watching them and knowing something about the game.

Didn't go today cuz you were tuckered after scoring a hat trick in the Sunday league you play in? Or do you play?

tuckered?

Sorry, I don't understand regional dialects very well. If you were from liverpool I would be able to understand you better. Apologies.

Looks like we have to try and be patient while players like Allen, Suso, Shelvey and Sterling gain more experience.

Not to mention the manager, he's a novice too, remember. Which is the one of the reasons we're in a relegation battle (the other major one being that our owners are tight-fisted bastards).

I rseerve the adjective "robbed" for when we have loads of chances and deserve to score more goals. We create hardly any chances, which is why we haven't won a game yet.

And we won;t get many draws either, because we can't defend. All emotion aside, this kind of result is going to be very typical under Rodgers, until he buys better players who haven't just played for Swansea in the past.

Oh Brendan...you and your adjectives!!.I dont know.

Borini should never ever start a game out wide again. Ever. He is Dirk Kuyt on the ball. Actually he's shitter on the ball than Kuyt, because Kuyt had a fat arse and did a decent job at shielding the ball when he butchered his first touch. I'd give Suso the start next week in his place.

The reason he's in the team though, is he's one of the few players we have that has genuinely great movement around the box. What we need is someone like that who can also play football.

The fact is, United were shit, and I mean as shit as I've ever seen them play and they still won. There was some shit refereeing that helped them certainly, but there was never a better time to beat them than this game. The amount of space we provided them for their first goal was ridiculous. Straight after scoring everyone collapses back into defence and we just allow them to waltz into the box with no one even looking to close their full back down.

I think there is a combination there that can work, but Rodgers hasn't found it yet. There has been a significant amount of bad luck, but there's a lot of leaky parts that need plugging.