You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We're gonna have a party when Maggie Thatcher dies

Steve

However... if this goes on to be sung at every away game, could the support and sympathy developed towards us in the last week be lost if we persistently revel in the anticipate death of an ex leader of this country.

Yes.

The message in the last week has been about justice. Not revenge or retribution, so revelling in the death of somebody else just makes us look very stupid.

Regardless of people's feelings towards Thatcher, there's no need to be singing this at the match.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agrree with section...If people want to,sing it then don't be put off that the daily mail might not like it and call us naughty. None of the media really care, aweek of hollow sympathy for a currently fashionable cause, after23 years of sneering and we should be up their arse all of a sudden. A posh bird owning a pair of tits was the story that knocked us off the front page. I for one will have a massive fucking party when thatcher dies and make no apologies for it.

Is Margaret Thatcher Dead Yet?

I will be happy to see her gone but wish it would have happened 30 years earlier.

The bigger concern now though is that the baton has well and truly been passed to her disciples and they are the modern enemy.

On first reflection I thought it was stupid that 16-18 year olds are singing this, but if their parents lived through her reign,as I did,then its her policies, or agenda is the correct word,that are still putting people out of work or seeing them in poorly paid jobs with little protection or even seeing their relatives die because her followers are still implementing her flawed ideals.

If an ex miner or a former steel worker or anybody over the age of 35 who has nothing but hatred for her wants to express their disdain for her through chants or t shirts then who am I to object!

I will be happy to see her gone but wish it would have happened 30 years earlier.

The bigger concern now though is that the baton has well and truly been passed to her disciples and they are the modern enemy.

On first reflection I thought it was stupid that 16-18 year olds are singing this, but if their parents lived through her reign,as I did,then its her policies, or agenda is the correct word,that are still putting people out of work or seeing them in poorly paid jobs with little protection or even seeing their relatives die because her followers are still implementing her flawed ideals.

If an ex miner or a former steel worker or anybody over the age of 35 who has nothing but hatred for her wants to express their disdain for her through chants or t shirts then who am I to object!

But why is Anfield or any other football ground the right place to express those views? Because they can do it with a degree on anonimity? Because they haven't got the guts to stand alone and say it and then face the public censure and disapproval from their own friends and family who would probably be appalled?

Personally I find it pathetic that anyone is celebrating the death of a senile old woman whatever they think of her. I've got as much reason to despise the woman as the next person - but I don't despise her any more than a whole raft of politicans of all persuasions going back thirty years and more.

Because they haven't got the guts to stand alone and say it and then face the public censure and disapproval from their own friends and family who would probably be appalled?

Mine will be joining in.

You think it's pathetic that people will be happy when she's gone?

Well thanks for your wet lettuce of an opinion, but I think that's pathetic. Touché.

All ill say is do you think the victimes of Hillsborough sing it or even wish it the survivors the families that lost there love ones. Do you think they hold her death as accountable? I bet they don't wishing death on anyone is pretty sick and more sad and embarrassing new age fans that day things like jft96 because they think that makes the fan etc. For a Justice? Our fans ain't half doing there best to Dick it up. Saddens me when I see this shit. Do you think it effects you or the people its aimed at? No it effects the families and there search for justice someone needs to short this shite out. I'd bet 90% of people that were there that day are poised of with this being sung.

All ill say is do you think the victimes of Hillsborough sing it or even wish it the survivors the families that lost there love ones. Do you think they hold her death as accountable? I bet they don't wishing death on anyone is pretty sick and more sad and embarrassing new age fans that day things like jft96 because they think that makes the fan etc. For a Justice? Our fans ain't half doing there best to Dick it up. Saddens me when I see this shit. Do you think it effects you or the people its aimed at? No it effects the families and there search for justice someone needs to short this shite out. I'd bet 90% of people that were there that day are pissed off with this being sung.

A good post.

Respect for the dead is a basic. By respecting death, you respect life.It has nothng to do with what you thought of the person.

When we respect the Hillsborough dead no checklist is drawn up regarding the merits of each individual. No-one says “yes we will respect him, but not him, he was a wrong ‘un”.

The consequences of Thatcherite policies hurt many working communities, Merseyside as hard as many. That is a coherent, sustainable argument, justifying singing songs in public about dancing on someone’s grave is not.

Bitterness can overwhelm your soul to the point of eating away at it, until you become like the thing that you despise.

It takes a bigger man to forgive and pity the evil black heart of such a despot, than it does to waste you life and energy on negative shit like this.

fight for what you believe in.

like we all could of forgiven and forgotten about something else

and did we waste 23 years of our lives. don't think so,

She was ultimately responsible for 96 of our own and thousands more for taking away their reason to live.

There were parties in the street when Saddam and Gadaffi died and she is probably comparable to those.

Pardon me if i'm actually glad of one evil bitch getting her just rewards,albeit many years too late.

She was ultimately responsible for 96 of our own and thousands more for taking away their reason to live.

There were parties in the street when Saddam and Gadaffi died and she is probably comparable to those.

Pardon me if i'm actually glad of one evil bitch getting her just rewards,albeit many years too late.

Of our own? That shit does my fucking nut in they are human beings. Who the duck Cates about who they super our where they are from were all the people that died scouse? No! Were all the people that watched LFC fans? Who the duck knows could of been some spectators of to good sides going to see a good game. Just because you watch a team don't mean you support them. End of the day deaths are deaths all are tragic no matter where they are from or who they support. People think its ok to sing about Munich because some of there fans song about Hillsborough those people are no better than the others all very sick and twisted individuals.

I can't stand the woman and will be happy to see her gone. I suspect her family will too as a lingering death from dementure is dreadful . Like me many of you will have seen that first hand. As for "dancing on her grave" then do what the hell you want but leave the club out of it. Any disrespect for the dead, even her, will not play well in the media after we have campaigned for respect for the 96. It wil be an opportunity to show some dignity however difficult that may be for some.